• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Roleplay set in Gotham with inexperienced Batman

rebirth

vltra
I was wondering if anyone was interested in creating a group rp set in Gotham. Basically, it starts a few days before Bruce Wayne puts the Batman suit on for the first time. I'm a new roleplayer, so I can't make it by myself, but I would really like to roleplay in this kind of scenario.

I'm interested. Would you be the one to play Bruce? And are you looking for something set in some sort of canon or one where he ends up joining a JL-like group very early on?

Woah, I wasnt expecting anyone to reply to this!
As I'm a new roleplayer, I think I'd be comfortable assuming a more minor role first, such as Alfred, or maybe even a minor villain.
As for the canon, I was thinking something set in its own little universe, and Bruce joining something later on, and maybe a robin taking over for a while when he's off.
I don't know much about most of this stuff, so bear with me :P

I think Alfred would be a good starting position- keeping you involved in the story but not something too demanding so you can work your way into it. However, if Bruce would be starting off alone, I personally don't see how this could be a sustainable roleplay when it comes to having a group with anything more than maybe 5 people, and that could even be pushing it. How many would you be looking for? (sorry for the prodding by the way, just liking the idea and I'd love to see it grow to fruition)

A small group to start off, but build it up as it goes on. I suppose Bruce starting off all by himself seems like a stretch. What characters do you suppose the group should consist of?
Don't worry about the prodding, youre fine.
I looked literally all day yesterday for rolepays in Gotham, but they're all dead. :P

I'm thinking of something loosely based on the group from the "Bad Blood" movie that was recently added to Netflix(if you've seen that yet). Clearly, it wouldn't have Nightwing, but Alfred, Bruce, a sidekick eventually(robin or Batgirl, I think we could stretch the canon a bit), and one or two people playing villains(I doubt we'll have trouble finding someone who would love to play Joker).
Yeah, I've had that problem a lot recently, too. I find an interest check that looks amazing but it either already had 50 applicants or died like 3 months ago.

Ive been meaning to watch that movie. I've seen it on Netflix and even added to my list, but I have just been really lazy these past few days. ill definitely watch it soon.
I agree that finding a joker would be extremely easy, but I dont think that should be the first villain.
Also, I like the idea of having one of batmans allies early on, but in order for that to happen, they need to see the Batman, and to be inspired by him, not to mention the training needed. We could say that Barbara took martial arts because her father made her if we want to use batgirl, or Kate Jane's military experience for Batwoman. We could even incorporate Catwoman. I'm open to ideas, and I think this is a good one.

Oh it's an amazing movie, I loved it at the very least.
You're definitely right that we can't throw in major characters right away. We'll have to find some players(three or four more?) and discuss the fact that we would likely swap characters as the story went on. (from early villains to heroes and major villains) I think that's the best way to do it, but I'm not completely certain.

I was thinking about a system where each person has 2 characters: a hero and a villain, although I'm not sure how it would go. What do you think?

It doesnt even have to be a good character, just a non-evil character, and an evil character. Of course, if would be optional for those who dont enjoy or have the heart to play mean characters, but recommended to keep things balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back