What's new

Other Roleplay or writing?

Honeymead

sewer rat
Been leaning towards just writing for myself lately, though RP'ing is a very unique experience and creating a story with another person is a lot of fun!
Why not both?

That Mystic Writer

"I myself, am strange and unusual."
It really depends on what kind of story I am doing. If the story has a lot of characters in it and a loose plot line, I usually like to make it a roleplay. If the story is more specific with a detailed plot line with few characters, than I prefer to just write it on my own. But I think both ways are a good way to express your creative thoughts.

Meadows

Simplify
I do both.

I like to role-play because it’s interactive and it introduces me to new ideas and new people. It’s a very social form of writing. Very refreshing.

I write alone when I have thoughts that need expelling. It doesn’t necessarily have to be under anything specific. It can be inklings of a plot or a character, poems or journalling, or just streams of consciousness. This tends to be more self-indulgent and something I’d like to explore on my own.

I think writing with another person is great when you want to bounce ideas off each other and have a sounding board. It also adds a sense of urgency since you’re writing with a partner. While writing by yourself, on the other hand, requires a little more focus, but at least you move leisurely at your own pace. Both has its pros, cons, and times of utility.

Shai Hulud

Most of my ideas start out as role playing ideas, but when it takes too long to find a suitable partner sometimes the story starts to take on more shape, and I end up feeling it's better to work on it on my own.

FrostyDragon

I can relate. I began my current work in progress fantasy novel because I just couldn’t stand the wait for the next player to post in the RP. So, I scratched the creative itch by writing a short backstory for the character I was RPing, and that took on a life of its own and became a whole novel all of its own. These days, I find I crave RPing as a sort of muse to get the creativity flowing so I can work on my novel.

Hootle

Hoot! Hoot!
I enjoy the collaboration roleplay has to offer with the right people. I also do like writing on my own. Both have their advantages. I think at some point I have felt how you felt.

Users who are viewing this thread