Advice/Help Roleplay Help?

What roleplayers are most players interested in? Dragons? What fandoms? What kinds of chats will be the most active to inspire the minds of others of roleplayers, and help them to actively participate in the scenarios laid out? I've been on this website for almost a year now, and it's hard to find other roleplayers that enjoy the same interests as you because everyone is different for sure.

Also, what do most rpers expect from a thread when they read it for the first time. What are they looking for that will grab their attention? Vast detail? A long or short backstory of a potential character? Short rules? What will I need to look for in a thread that will attract the attention of others?

If anyone can help me answer all or most of these questions, I'd really appreciate it!

Well as to your first question there isn't really a way to answer that because there are lots of different genres and ways to roleplay.

Like you have : Fandom, Futuristic, Realistic, Fandom, Dice, etc. in terms of genre. And each section is going to have it's only popular type of stories.

Further you can divide things into groups , 1x1s, and quest style roleplays. And again there are different things that are popular in each style.

So like no one person is going to be able to tell you what is generally popular.

I myself only do 1x1. So I can tell you romance is popular in that section but really if you are patience you can find partners to do just about any story.

So honestly the first question the short answer is - it depends.

-------------------------------------------------

Second question again it depends on what kind of roleplay your doing.

For 1x1s people are usually looking for the following information in an interest check
  1. - how often can you post / how often do you want your partner to post
  2. - how long is your average reply / how long do you want your partners response to be
  3. - what will you not roleplay under any circumstance
  4. - what are you craving in terms of story / plots

usually these are put in the from of lists.

So geeking out, you're basically saying that as long as a thread shows any of the interest checks you've posted, I'll have a successful 1 x 1 roleplay? I'm actually looking for someone to roleplay with me in a 1 x 1 roleplay actually. I can post the thread kevintheradioguy helped me remake into a friendlier form than what it used to be the other day.

So geeking out, you're basically saying that as long as a thread shows any of the interest checks you've posted, I'll have a successful 1 x 1 roleplay? I'm actually looking for someone to roleplay with me in a 1 x 1 roleplay actually. I can post the thread kevintheradioguy helped me remake into a friendlier form than what it used to be the other day.

In time yeah. I mean it depends on what your looking for specifically, some things take longer to find partners for than others.

I am doing a tamora pierce roleplay right now and that took several weeks to find someone who had even heard of tamora pierce much less wanted to do the roleplay.

But yeah if you have patience you should be able to find someone who has interests in the roleplay you want to do. This site has a lot of different people who are interested in a wide variety of things.

Alright....how do I set that up? Is that where I put my expectations for the roleplay for interest checks?

So basically how 1x1s work is very different to groups. A group you will start off with the plots / settings / and rules. Then you search for players interested in those things.

In 1x1s your looking for partners first and foremost. People who you you can get along with and who share your interests. So most 1x1 interest checks will start with things like

- What your expectations in the roleplay are
- What you expect from your partner
- What you won't play.

Then they'll add in any pairings/plots the person might has.

Ex. Here's my interest check - Multiple Settings - Geek Craves : Tamora Pierce x HP Crossover , Superheroes

As you see I start with a little intro to myself, then go to what i won't roleplay, what I expect from my partners, my cravings and finally my plot ideas.

Now the purpose of this is to find a partner who shares my interests and can meet my expectations.

Once I find this person we will flesh out things like
- plot
- how often we'll post
- characters
- where we'll roleplay.

So you rarely actually create a roleplay thread before you find a partner. Instead you post your interest check in the Looking For Partners section. Then once you find that partner you'll decide where the roleplay will take place and make a thread from that.

( side note - you don't have to format the roleplay interest check any particular way like with BBC code or what not. The actual content of your post looked fine it's just it was in the wrong section )

So you're saying that I should have all this information in the 'Searching For Partners' instead of the 1 x 1?

Exactly.

1x1 is only for when you and your partner decide to start the roleplay

Looking for Partners is where, well you look for partners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back