• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Roleplay Grab Bag | Any Pairing (M//, F//, ETC) | Open

elytra

a beetle may or may not be inferior to a man
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
1591377005406.png
About

• ✦ Ollie | 19 years old | College student (shout out to my fellow bio majors!) & script writer | Making a new thread because I didn't like the look of my old one
    ✦ EST timezone
    ✦ 10 years of roleplay/writing experience
    ✦ Can get out at least 1 post weekly, sometimes more; if things come up, partners are notified, and patience is appreciated (though if you don't hear from me in 3+ days, do feel free to message me a reminder). I do not require my partners to write weekly, however! EDIT: due to recent events, my schedule has been hella wonky; sometimes I get a post a day out, other times I forget, so giving me a firm push is appreciated, and patience is EXTRA appreciated
    ✦ 3+ paragraphs per post, but firm believer in quality over quantity
    ✦ Interested in 3rd person past tense, but willing to try other tenses and points of view
    ✦ Interested in writing multiple characters, but not a must
    ✦ M//, F//, and NB/A preferred to m/f, but can do any; platonic is also on the table EDIT: Not looking for m/f right now! Please check back at a later date if thats something you're interested in
    ✦Fan of OOC conversation
    ✦ Open to other plots (but have the right to say no) & to creating a plot from scratch
    ✦ Open to fandoms, but not to roleplaying with canon characters
    ✦ Ghost friendly; a warning of dropping the roleplay is preferred, but especially considering all thats going on, isn't needed

Plots

• *Bolded are roles I'd prefer to play; I am willing to play the other role in most cases, though; more stars, more interest (1-4)

Superhero x Villain**

Journalist x Super Villain****

Lighthouse Keeper x Sailor**

Amnesiac x Lighthouse Keeper***

Stowaway x Sailor**

Fisherman x Sea-Bound Monster Hunter***

Paranormal Investigator x Paranormal Creature****

Viral Ghost Hunter x Human/Non-human Co-star****

So technically I'm not actually able to do magic but some how I got into a wizarding school and have to act like I can actually do stuff and I slipped up so now you know that I can't actual do real magic please help me.**

I'm the hero of prophecy that everyone thinks is going to save the world, but I'm avoiding it best I can, so can you PLEASE stop BOTHERING ME ABOUT IT***

A colony ship is on a mission to reach a new, possibly inhabitable planet in lieu of Earth dying. On the way, someone begins to try and sabotage the mission, along with other weird sci-fi happenings.****

Ship AI x Captain **** (not interested in like....naive robot trope? is that a thing? if it is, I don't vibe)

A crew is brought together to explore the mysterious fog that has rolled in far off from the coast and has seemed to show no signs of leaving, where many ships and people have gone missing without a word. Each crew member has different motivations for the trip, some that may clash on the weeks-long journey, especially when things go sour.****

A group of people wake up on an island with no memories and nothing with them but the clothes on their back (which have their names, supposedly, sewn into the collar) and a seemingly random item next to them. The island is uninhabited, it seems, but when explored different things- possibly clues to why the people are there -are found, like hidden supplies and messages. Tensions rise as time goes on, and strange disasters keep occurring, like out-of-the-blue shark attacks and storms. (Based off the show I-Land, where a bunch of prisoners have their memories taken from them and are placed in a simulation of an island to see if nurture wins out over nature and they can redeem themselves while someone on the outside tries to sabotage the experiment, which has major consequences since if you die in the simulation, you die outside it as well. Great concept, terrible show, so I'm stealing it)****

A lone lighthouse keeper, character a, finds an amnesiac, character b, on the shores of where their post is stationed. Unsure what to do, character a brings b inside and helps bring them back to health. Unbeknownst to possibly both of them, b may be harboring a dangerous secret.***

Character a's sibling/family member/lover/whatever went out to sea a year ago and, a month into their journey, fell out of contact and went missing. Distraught, character a pays a ships captain, character b, an extremely large sum of money to take them on the same path their loved one followed in hopes of finding them.**

Character a is ghost hunter who does vlogs and such to upload to youtube/a blog, traveling around to different 'haunted' locations and such to get more content. Character b is their co-host/camera person, but may not be entirely human, which comes to light as more strange things start happening on their trips.*****

Last edited:
Hesitantly bumping this, may be slightly selective with partners.

Note: if I haven't gotten back to you (due to the situation I likely told you about before I went off the map), give me a nudge; I've been really forgetful with pms lately

This is awesome. I'd definitely be down for the AI x captain / super villain x journalist / paranormal Investigator x Paranormal creature. Or all three if you're up for it ^^. I feel like we mesh well because I want to do all of the roles that you don't want to do. Perfect! Also your writing criteria works great for me.

This is awesome. I'd definitely be down for the AI x captain / super villain x journalist / paranormal Investigator x Paranormal creature. Or all three if you're up for it ^^. I feel like we mesh well because I want to do all of the roles that you don't want to do. Perfect! Also your writing criteria works great for me.
Howdy! If you could shoot me a pm, that would be fantastic; I'm up for any of those pairings (but likely will only be able to do one) so if you have one your prefer over the others, let me know!

Just thought I'd toss my hat in just in case the paranormal investigator and creature storyline becomes available.

I have a werewolf character that I used in a storyline that went on for about a couple years. He was recruited into an organization like Men in Black, but dealing with supernatural beings. His family is big on public service. His father is a forensic technician, his mother is an Assistant District Attorney, and his uncle is a cop.

I'm more interested in a working relationship between him and the investigator since he had a boyfriend who is in on his dual nature.

Just thought I'd toss my hat in just in case the paranormal investigator and creature storyline becomes available.

I have a werewolf character that I used in a storyline that went on for about a couple years. He was recruited into an organization like Men in Black, but dealing with supernatural beings. His family is big on public service. His father is a forensic technician, his mother is an Assistant District Attorney, and his uncle is a cop.

I'm more interested in a working relationship between him and the investigator since he had a boyfriend who is in on his dual nature.
Hey! That one is actually available now. If you could send me a pm so we can chat and see if we mesh well, that would be fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back