Roleplay... Anxiety?

i used to get this all the time when i first joined rpn tt. i wasn't too confident in my ability to write (cough they were lackluster replies ngl), and i often got overwhelmed there are some amazing writers on here. tbh i was also scared of certain k-rpn users bc they were just so cool, but a lot of those people left the site bc they got busy. i don't get this fear as much anymore, but idk i guess it's bc i've been on the site for so long.

Last edited:
I write novella style and the replies me and my partners send back and forth are very detailed. In the beginning, reaching a certain word count while still keeping my replies consistent in quality stressed me out immensely.

After so many roleplays and so much time spent stressing over my writing or being frustrated with others’ (because that happens - we can’t be compatible with everyone), what I picked up along the way is that you should try to pinpoint what your normal towards minimal paragraph count is and try to stick to that. But instead of beating yourself over words, make whatever you wrote relevant. Give your partner something to work with AND aim for at least a hint more.

Excitement can really get in the way of quality sometimes, when we so eagerly try to get to the ‘fun’ scenes. But in this regard try to shake yourself a little. It’s not the destination that’s most important, but the journey itself.

And most importantly, make it clear to your parnter that communication is key, and you are all ears for feedback. It might help them feel more comfortable with sharing if there’s something about the roleplay that they’re unhappy with.

Users who are viewing this thread