Role Play Improvements?

Autumn McJavabean

Prettier than you.

One Punch Man Role Play Improvement Thread

As I said in the OOC, we want feedback, criticism, or even praise, but not really. With activity dropping, we feel it might be partially due to how things are ran, the story, etc. So, to make sure, we want to check in with everyone and ask for their ideas or how to improve it. I'll be tagging everyone who is still an active member. As the saying goes, "help me help you."

In the end, I might give my own criticism of the role play, of my self, of @ChimpMan and @Joonster, as well as the members here, just to be fair, and because that's just how I am. I also might not. IDK. But we want yours. So, if you can, if you want, please answer these to the best of your ability. But NOTE, you don't have to. If you have anything to say. ANYTHING, just post it. Hell, just post "Colleen is an incompetent moronic monstrously ignorant malefactor and a infamous acidly acrimonious mass of neuroses and complexes."

But remember, any criticism you have will be used to improve the role play so everyone can have fun to the best of our abilities. Of course, if it's stupid, we'll dismiss is and give you a title saying "I'm alone and I'm with stupid." (OK, we wont, but I wanted to try and make you laugh as you read this.)

1) What do you honestly think of the role play at the moment? Be as harsh as you want, Joon can handle it.

2) What are your thoughts on the story? This can include both chapter 1 with the demons and chapter 2 with the "androids".

3) If you have an issue with them or how the story is, plot wise, that bothers you, what do you think could be used to improve it? Characters that are more relatable? Funnier characters? Longer story? Shorter story? Us to post faster? If you have no issue worth addressing here, skip to 4.

4) Why do you think activity is dropping? And, assuming you were the GM, what would you do to change it? Do you have any advice for us to change this for you?

5) Are you having fun? Be honest, because we want you to enjoy a good story, enjoy our character, enjoy YOUR character more so than ours, and to have fun doing it.

6) What kind of story do you want to see in chapter 3? Remember, it has already been planned, at least the core. But your thoughts can change this or improve it. Maybe some comedy, not so long, have Barney blow them up with his cuteness. Whatever.

7) Do you like cake?

8| Assuming there is a new chapter, we finish chapter 3, what ideas do you want to see for 4, 5, or any others that might happen? Name a chapter or an idea for a plot or story you think would be kewl. Make it totally serious, totally hilarious, self-centered, anything.

9) Thoughts on the seriousness or comedy levels that currently exist.

10) If your activity had dropped, why is that? Is there anything on our part that we can do to better improve things for you?

11) Does our activity hinder the fun, the role play, or anything in your view?

12) Anything else you want to add?

13) Did you read the tags, all of them, prior to reading this post? Be truthful now....

Remember, you don't have to answers these. And if you want to help, you don't have to even answer these here, you can write whatever you want about the RP. I'm fine with you even saying "MORE DONUT MONSTERS! RISE OF THE DONUT KING!" I will only slightly think less highly of you.

b1ab3a6aab83f381f18bad3711fd5ee9.jpg

@Shammy the Shamrock @DaniBot @DemetrioMachete @ChimpMan @Joonster @Colleen McJavabean @Colleen McJavabean @Colleen McJavabean @Kingmalikai @Nenma Takashi @Hanarei

[COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)]"Colleen is an incompetent moronic monstrously ignorant malefactor and AN infamous acidly acrimonious mass of neuroses and complexes."[/COLOR]

FFS Colleen

But seriously:

1) What do you honestly think of the role play at the moment? Be as harsh as you want, Joon can handle it.

The role play is fun and easy to reply to in it's current state.  I feel like my character has had a significant enough impact on the story, perhaps not this chapter, but definitely in the previous chapter.  While some people might see the roleplay moving too slowly I enjoy the pace it's at.  Perhaps it could increase in speed slightly, but I can't complain too much.

2) What are your thoughts on the story? This can include both chapter 1 with the demons and chapter 2 with the "androids".

The demons of chapter 1 were interesting as a beginning villain, and the whole of Chapter 1 was a good set up.  I feel like chapter 2 was so much bigger, and it had a much more expansive look on the world as a whole.  The "androids" also had a much better setup and felt more like villains that you hate/love.

4) Why do you think activity is dropping? And, assuming you were the GM, what would you do to change it? Do you have any advice for us to change this for you?

My main assumption for why activity dropped was because people probably felt that the RP moved too slowly.  While I can see the reasons for this, I don't really think that's fair, but I suppose that some people just couldn't handle this.  Personally I would continue to focus on people who are more willing to post at the time and length that the RP currently seems to cater to.

5) Are you having fun? Be honest, because we want you to enjoy a good story, enjoy our character, enjoy YOUR character more so than ours, and to have fun doing it.

This has been my most long-lasting fun RP.  I've been here since August and I haven't regretted joining since day one... so yes, I am definitely having fun and enjoying the RP.  To be honest, I think that there is a way to make it more fun though...

6) What kind of story do you want to see in chapter 3? Remember, it has already been planned, at least the core. But your thoughts can change this or improve it. Maybe some comedy, not so long, have Barney blow them up with his cuteness. Whatever.

Considering the small dedicated group of people we have(people that we can depend on more and consider to be reliable) I think it would be great if we went even more personal with each other's backstories.  I've been building backstory for my character in the case that I ever get the chance to use it.  So I would find it really fun if we got some character arcs.  Plus we would be able to get further interaction and character development in.

7) Do you like cake?

NO

KAsIACO.gif

8| Assuming there is a new chapter, we finish chapter 3, what ideas do you want to see for 4, 5, or any others that might happen? Name a chapter or an idea for a plot or story you think would be kewl. Make it totally serious, totally hilarious, self-centered, anything.

Kind of what I said above, a more personalized story for our characters would be great.  Another story idea that would be fun is a Marvel:Civil War style event.  Where there's two sides of heroes that for one reason or another have decided that they need to split off.

9) Thoughts on the seriousness or comedy levels that currently exist.

There is a proper balance at the moment.  I feel like right now seriousness has taken over, rightfully so with the amount of deaths that have happened, and I'm sure that the comedy will return in future chapters and go out when it'd needed.

10) If your activity had dropped, why is that? Is there anything on our part that we can do to better improve things for you?

I can't really speak on this one because my inactivity was because of something I did.

11) Does our activity hinder the fun, the role play, or anything in your view?

No, I think that you've done fine at the pace that the story is at right now.  Maybe it could be a little faster, but if that takes away from the quality I'd rather it not.

13) Did you read the tags, all of them, prior to reading this post? Be truthful now....

Nope, didn't read them until I saw this :P

Well then, that's all I can do right now.  Sorry if this is completely unhelpful, I decided to get this done even in the sick state I'm in.  I might come back and change this, but I hope you find some use out of my short answers.

Users who are viewing this thread