Experiences Role-play frustration Vent thread

Who else hates that when you start an RP maybe a dozen or two people say they are interested and put in there character sheets, but when the RP actually starts, there’s only like 4-5 ppl active?
That happened the last few RPs I was in, they all died because a bunch of people ghosted, and the person who started the RP just vanished without a trace.

Yeah that happened to me too. That's why i only really do group rps if i'm interested enough or know the GM

A DM is a heterodiegetic omniscient narrator, so they do not partake in the story as a character. They do partake as NPCs and use such meta-information in order to move the plot forward because that is the only way they can do so, as they do not play as a specific character. When people play specific characters, metagaming feels like breaking the 4th wall.
Gotcha

Yeah that's why I don't use character sheets at all. No point
I honestly hate using character sheets. I will reluctantly complete them if the RP requires them, but I will never use them in my own unless it's the rare occasion where I'm running a group RP. I'm the kind of person who likes to gradually reveal parts of the character as the story progresses. I don't just make things up to fit the storyline either. I do plan them out in advance mostly for my own record keeping sake, but I like to keep that information to myself until the time is right in game. I like to keep my writing partners surprised as they learn new facts about the character.

I honestly hate using character sheets. I will reluctantly complete them if the RP requires them, but I will never use them in my own unless it's the rare occasion where I'm running a group RP. I'm the kind of person who likes to gradually reveal parts of the character as the story progresses. I don't just make things up to fit the storyline either. I do plan them out in advance mostly for my own record keeping sake, but I like to keep that information to myself until the time is right in game. I like to keep my writing partners surprised as they learn new facts about the character.
This right here! That's the main reason i won't use a CS in my own rp. If i have to use a CS then i will fill out the bare minimum

This right here! That's the main reason i won't use a CS in my own rp. If i have to use a CS then i will fill out the bare minimum
When I do them in my own RP's I only ask for the most basic info. I hate the practice so I would be a hypocrite to except so much of it from others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back