• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Rogue Agency, an Experimental RP

Agent

Lance
This story takes place in a futuristic, devastated earth.
After a chaotic war, the world was reduced to only two factions(for my convenience). One claims to be fighting for peace, while the other opposes those ideals, in pursuit of power. You are a soldier from the latter faction who is fighting the enemy within a deadly, fog covered zone. After a night raid took down your chances at victory, you are forced to retreat back to your base camp and prepare a counterattack.

That's pretty much a summary of it. Of course, i'll tell you the real story if we actually get to roleplay.

The mechanics are simple-ish. Each character is marked with a tattoo that pretty much 'grants them a class'. They are also given stats. If you want an example, the basic soldier has something like 7 Health, and 4 Melee, Accuracy, Dodge, and Block. Along with that, they have abilities so that they can be a unique snowflake.

Before I tell you about the dice rolling and all that fun stuff, I will tell you about the Difficulty. There are two difficulties available, which is Easy and Hard.
In Easy Mode, it's more like a happy fun time story where enemies are easy to defeat and ammo and healing is easy to come by.
In Hard Mode, it'll be similar to a wartime scenario. Enemies pose a threat, and you start with no firearms due to your weapons being left behind during the night raid. Additionally, guns cannot be taken from enemies, as they require a 'biometric ID', or something like that. Supplies are limited, and have to be used sparingly.

Dice Rolls determine your success when attacking, or attempting something complex. However, it is not purely based on luck. Your stats will influence your success chance like any old fashioned RPG.

The setting is in a foggy area named 'Sector 31'. The fog is filled with tiny bits of metal that disrupt radio waves, so you can't communicate over long distances. You will travel on a grid-like area to reach your main base, starting on A1 and travelling to E5, hopefully with some backup at each checkpoint. There are 24 checkpoints situated on each point except A1, ready to offer you aid or lead when you discover it has been taken by enemies. Travelling takes time, though. You will likely encounter a few events when walking between checkpoints such as enemies or traps.

If you have any questions, i'm sure we'd both appreciate it if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back