• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
hi there! i'm mer and just reading your interest check has me so excited! i've been roleplaying on and off for about seven years now! i also type in lowercase ooc, love strawberries, crave horror-centric plots, and currently i've been craving some 50s/70s/70s angsty slow burn. i mainly write m/m pairings, but i'm open to doubling up or writing a m/f pairing. i'm big on ooc chats and i love making playlists and moodboards. let me know if you're interested!

hey! i’m kayla, and i loveee this idea. i’m 21, i live in est, and i’ve been roleplaying on and off for about 9 years! i would absolutely die for a slow burn 60s/70s or even late 80s/early 90s rp! i’m super down to double, whether it’s mxf or fxf or whatever you choose! i can guarantee i’ll send you a million playlists and mood boards if we roleplay together, and i’m cool with ooc chat for sure! i can send multiple replies a day (usually) but i’ll let you know if for some reason that changes! strawberry (:

hey, i'm mal [he/him], and all of this seems really interesting! im 18 and in my first year of uni, and sunflowers are actually my favorite flower. i've never done anything historical before but i'm really eager to try; i'm not a history buff or anything so fact-checking might be a little wonky for me, but just reading the post kind of made me develop a craving for it. i'm leaning more toward 80s and 90s, and i loveeee incorporating supernatural elements into my rps. magical realism is like my favorite genre of anything ever. something other things that you mentioned that i'm interested in are missing persons, unsolved cases, cults, classic stories modernized, edgy teens, and urban fantasy. oh, also i usually do m/m but i'm more than willing to do m/f or f/f, or double, any of that stuff! lmk if youre interested :')

Hello there peach, my name is Kai and I am so happy to have stumbled upon your post! To start off, I am a nineteen year old student currently in University. I have been roleplaying for several years now considering I started when I was probably (read: most definitely) too young but have only recently joined this website. I started out on a website called Quotev before they did away with the roleplay community and this one happens to remind me the most of that format. My favorite things include sunflowers, music, my animals, and writing—obviously.

I have been known to get far too invested in roleplays and incredibly attached to the characters we create. So you can certainly expect head-canons, world building, playlists, moodboards and other random bits to go along with the story we create. Angst is something I thirst for and I genuinely couldn't tell you why. I have always been incredibly interested in writing things to healthily explore them, if that makes any sense, so almost everything you mentioned about the mature topics you were interested in, would absolutely appeal to me!

All of that being said, I will start to finish up. I am perfectly comfortable with original or fandom, though the only fandoms we really have in common would be IT (*I don't mind playing Eddie*) and Stranger Things, which I am not particularly geared up for at the moment. Therefore, I think IT or building our own original world would probably work the best! I am totally fine with face-claims being from the era in which we are writing in, in fact, I look forward to that. I hope to hear from you soon and it was so nice to stumble across your post!

sunflower: hello! my name is oliver, i'm 19 years old, and i use he/him pronouns. i'm really vibing with this post so i figured i'd introduce myself and see if you would be interested in roleplaying!

i've been writing creatively in general since i've known how to hold a pencil, but i've been roleplaying for eight years. i write third person multi-para; my post length differs, but i usually end up roughly matching the length of the other person. i can get into just about any setting or genre as long as there's in-depth plotting, character development, and relationship building. with that being said though, i absolutely love horror, the paranormal, the supernatural, and general "this seems ordinary but there's something lurking beneath the surface." i also love vintage settings and dealing with more mature, sensitive topics, so i'm more than interested in everything you've listed! i do love pairing characters but hate instant romancing. also, being LGBTQ myself, i'm extremely open to LGBTQ themes/characters, and just about every character i make ends up being LGBTQ in some way. i love plotting, worldbuilding, making character sheets, making moodboards, and discussing characters/headcanons/the story in general.

i ended up writing a lot lmao, but thanks for reading! i'm also completely new to this site, so if you're interested in roleplaying, i'll try my best to make my posts pretty and aesthetically pleasing but i may be a bit clueless at first.

Evenin' Sunflower, i'm Barca, or bird if you want to get cozy with it. He/Him. My particulars are in my bio, but the real important bits are as follows:

I am not too keen on aesthetics.
-I don't know my codes, and beyond a font change here or a size shift there, my writings are pretty bare.
-similarly I don't have any founts of mood setting jams, or any talent for picking good face claims.
This isn't to say I couldn't start these things, or that I mind them, just that they aren't in my wheelhouse as of yet.

I am very keen on History
- Being as history studying is my favorite pastime, through textbook, song or movie- it is safe to say that we can dig into a host of plots and stories through our history buff ties. As an aside, i'm interest in what your favorite areas of study are. For rp sake, and personal curiosity's sake.
- That reaches far out of the span of forties to two thousands, if my name was any indication-but it fits just as well within it. From cold war strife, to ranch running in Wyoming, I think there are alot of ways we can go.

I am also very keen on 'mature' themes
- I generally focus on the darker, more grounded parts of that 'mature' list of yours.

The Cold war, mental illness in the form of ptsd, racial tension, unsolved cases, the R rated film that was american politics in the sixties. I really enjoy digging deep in that sorta muck.

Finally: I only do original plots and original characters
- I might be persuaded into using an already made setting that I have a particular love or interest for. But over all, I just don't feel as invested in fandom rp's.

Random bits:
- I would happily double up
- I enjoy horror plots so long as they have some interest to them
- Shorter soppy romance rp's are/is my comfort food
- i'm a Texan (yes with the accent and the hat), so my time zone is Cst, though I'll usually be up at random times, and respond in kind.

Assuming that you haven't already stopped reading, here's a few things to chew on as far as RP Brain storming goes:

Any sort of fifties crime drama, with splashes of horror here and there. I'm thinking maybe some sort of small town is having issues with missing persons, and a detective is called in to deal with it. They find some mangled body, realize this is a huge issue- gets invested etc etc. I think an interesting angle would be maybe the mob gets involved. Say one of the missing persons is a mafiosa son, and they send someone in to investigate as well, that person endlessly butting heads with the detective. plenty of stuff to work with there

To point a spot light on 'the cold war' I've got to say I love character dramas born out of that scenario. I love the idea of two characters embodying the ideals of each nation, and clashing because of it. But beyond that, there is alot of prejudice, and alot of drama from it. Not to mention the allure of spies and intrigue. I'd love to hear any ideas you have on those grounds. Personally I love romance born out of this sort of difference and danger. Be it spies on both sides falling for one another, or an american farmer getting struck with the arrow when a Russian war vet finds their way into his tiny little town. And to be frank, i'll always be a little weak at the knees when seeing a Lyudmila Povlichenko type of character

A random idea just came to mind: some slice of life rp set in the seventies/eighties, on a merchant marine vessel. All types of people, cooped up on a cargo ship for months on end. You could get a larger host of characters, get the table nice and set, and do whatever you like. Maybe give way to some juicy murder case. 'they are in the middle of their next voyage, a week from their next port, and a body is found in the mess hall' sort of deal. Or have the freighter crash somewhere along the way. You could even crack the scene open and sever it Odysseus style with some sirens or monsters creeping their way into the setting. Or just keep it a slice of life. Maybe get some cold war sentiments in there, add a dash of eighties angst, and you've got some fun characters to mess with. Not to mention the usefulness of having a moving, globe trotting cargo ship as your main setting.

These are just a tiny bit of ideas to get the conversation rolling, I've got alot of ideas and interests within the allotted time frame, but I don't want to clog up the feed more than I already have. So toss me a PM if you are at all interested, Sunflower, and be sure to ask away about anything. Aside from my name, and the name of my favorite stuffed animal, i'm an open book.

Good evening sunflower, i am Chaos, i go by He/Him, i am Pan sexual.
I am decent when it comes to aesthetic in my RP. I am very good with history and many of the events you mentions are personal favorites of mine, most notable being Watergate. i do agree with the 'mature themes' i love the dark more human aspects of role play, the idea that it doesn't have to be a perfect world we create but it can actually be realistic.

My schedule right now is very weird, and in the next couple days i'm going to be leaving for a week.

I would be perfectly fine with doubling up, and i agree with you on the slow burn romance.

if you would like i can send you screenshots of the new story i have been working on recently.

I am Floridian so i'm on EST just ask if you have any questions.

Heya sunflower, I’m chance! I use he/him pronouns and am pansexual. I am in awe that I have found another heathers lover and am in love with slow burns and angst so shoot me a dm!

Well, I’m 19, british. I’m also a full time student so sorry if my replies are all over the place!

I have no limits in terms to themes or ideas. I’m even happy to explore any random crazy ideas you have!

i tend to match my writing length to my partner as well!

Hi, I'm Tabby and I'm 20 years old. I work during the week, but I still give quite a few replies during the week and especially on the weekend. I can easily write a minimum of three paragraphs per response and love to double. I was thinking maybe we could do something 80s teen film- esque. I'd also be interested in doing a fandom roleplay or one of your other plots if there's something you were particularly interested in at the moment. I'm very interested in the 50s-80s time eras, and even the 90s weren't bad so I'm looking forward to starting something up with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back