• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Rock Opera! - Warriors of Rock and Roll (Closed)

Safety Hammer

A walking piece of shit in a stupid looking jacket
istockphoto-522581335-612x612.jpg
There's a lady who's sure
All that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven

For as long as there was life, there was song. And as long as song has existed, it has sparked and endured humanity's enduring creativity, the heart of all things. With it, humanity has become a species of unlimited potential, one where the impossible becomes possible and dreams become reality.
cc8a3d462603d706c8b09a46e7b9129fed9033a1_2_690x460.jpeg
But unbeknownst to the humans of today, what they know as "creativity" is a valuable resourse with power not tapped into. One that other species do not posess or can generate. Those species are the GLOOMERS, an evil race of being that lives within a plane known as "The Rhythm", that normal humans cannot see or interact with, but are plagued by daily. Have you ever wanted to stay in bed, and do nothing? Have you ever felt hopeless and floating through a meaningless world where your decisions matter not? That is the work of a Gloomer, sucking the creativity from your body. And as soon as it takes your creativity, it can steal your soul, leaving you simply a husk of a person and simply a shell with which to posess.
best-city-skylines-hong-kong.jpg
But fear not! As we are not defenseless against this invisible menace. Some humans are blessed with the ability to see within The Rhythm as well as interact the beings within. These people who have unlocked the full potential of their creativity, are known as bards. They are man's last line of defense against the Gloomers, using their ability of song to channel their creativity into powerful magic and keep the gloomers, for the most part, at bay
That was, until the leader and queen of the Gloomers, The Blue Meanie, kidnapped The Four Elders of Rock, leaving our world completely unguarded and ready to be attacked. Now it is up to you, heroes! Save the Four Elders and end The Blue Meanie's reign of terror!

Music can be played by anyone, but only specific people, Bards, are able to channel that music into powerful magic. Each musical style is unique and comes with different powers, some are more favored than others. The better the music is preformed, the more powerful the magic is. The main purpose of Bards in this society are defense against Gloomers, evil beings dead set against destroying creativity and free thought. Normal humans can't see or interact with Gloomers, but Gloomers are able to harm and interact with humans. Their only defense are the Bards.

This is an rp all about how music is able to empower and help us! I for one, love music, so this is for those who love music and find its pop culture interesting.
Your character will be playing as a bard who has just unlocked their potential and will be saving the four elders and vanquishing The Blue Meanie, brought together with a few others on the same quest as you! We will be only accepting a finite number of people, just enough for one large band! If you have any lore questions or concerns let me know! I'll be happy to answer any and all queries!

Last edited:

Yeah, I was leaning towards either drums or keyboard, but I feel that keyboards really only work with certain types of bands and I'm thinking we might not be the best bunch for them.

I'm extremely upset that I've been constantly trying to edit and ended up clicking on another tab (aka destroying my progress). TIME TO MAKE A DOC

It occurs to me I don't know what sort of backstory to write, partially because there's no model of what's expected. I've a handle on my character's story but are we starting as normal-ish people or are we sort of established Bards/aware of The Rhythm to avoid the drag of a day zero intro? Do we know the Four Elders of Rock are a thing and also missing? Do we have a summons or somesuch to get the characters together?

It occurs to me I don't know what sort of backstory to write, partially because there's no model of what's expected. I've a handle on my character's story but are we starting as normal-ish people or are we sort of established Bards/aware of The Rhythm to avoid the drag of a day zero intro? Do we know the Four Elders of Rock are a thing and also missing? Do we have a summons or somesuch to get the characters together?
Our characters are pretty much just thrown into this because everyone else is either posessed or missing.

Well, I think I'll wait for you to finish your character's backstory so I have a better idea of what's expected and what we're working with, just to be safe and make everything fit.

Ouch, got blindsided by some stuff today so I'm getting a bit of a late start but I'm still here.

Is it cool if I draw my character for the appearance? And possibly the others once we get started? Been itching to practice
Sounds like something a cool guy would do. Are you a cool guy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back