• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech - The Invid War - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Fine, second... *grumble*

I'll take a look at possible characters later today; right now, I'm thinking of something that's very much focused on the fighting aspect, so maybe one of the pilot classes. Not quite sure, though. Might go for a Zentraedi for once...

Today's liable to be a bit hectic for me, but I intend to look over both the Mecha and OCCs soon.

Been wanting to do a space fighter pilot for awhile.

Here are some die rolls for my Attributes.

Great to see you here, Sil.
Couldn't stop myself from coming over - heard good things about the gm, and some of the people here seem oddly familiar...

Right now, my plan is to leave my usual comfort zone of 'brainy utility character' and go for a nice, straight-forward character who wants to get into battle asap. Think I'm favoring an Alpha for that, but I like both, so I'd be happy to take a Beta if that works better for the team. Considering the reconnaissance pilot right now, but I haven't read through all the options yet.
Also: Yay, advanced MA's! And Krav Maga is on the list! Sorry, that one almost made the way onto the last character sheet I made, I'll pick it up here.

One question: In the Shadow Chronicles, we have the chance to take a micronized Zentraedi without any change of attributes as far as I'm aware; meanwhile, the Marine book you mentioned in the interest check has them with their own stats. Which one is the way to go, Psychie Psychie ? Also: In the Marine book, there's different classes of Zentraedi - so if that's the way to go, do we roll which one we get, or can we choose one?

Couldn't stop myself from coming over - heard good things about the gm, and some of the people here seem oddly familiar...
Thanks! You are too kind.

If you want to go with a Zentraedi, you can go with the numbers listed in the Marines book, and can select any of the classes except Warlord.

Forgot to add - If you do select a Zentraedi, when rolling your stats: When it says 1d6+ whatever, you get the extra d6 on a '6', same for the rolls of a d4. On the d8, you get the extra die on a 6-8.

Hey Psychie Psychie Quick question for you. I am thinking of taking the 'Fast Learner and Jack of all Trades' Aptitude bonus. What MOS's are available for that?

Also, if there are skill double-ups, what do we do? I have always used the house rule that it adds +5% to the highest skill of the two.

For the d8's, that sounds almost too generous - I'll happily take it, though. Riddle for advanced Robotech-players: Look at the rolls Sherwood made, and tell us what class and skills he chose.

You can select any of the MOS Packages you wish.

I like the rule for the skill doubles. Lets do that.

For the d8's, that sounds almost too generous - I'll happily take it, though. Riddle for advanced Robotech-players: Look at the rolls Sherwood made, and tell us what class and skills he chose.
I am going with Veritech Alpha Pilot, and I'm thinking of getting the second MOS of Communications Officer.

Always good to have someone who can do the communication thing - my attempt to do the character creation just ran into a dead end because females and males have different stats - damn, that's something that I usually decide in the end, and now I need to know it right at the beginning?

On a side note, I love how the different stats of the Zentraedi vary so little - like "roll a die and add 16" instead of "roll 5d6" - that's just so fitting for clones.

On a side note, I love how the different stats of the Zentraedi vary so little - like "roll a die and add 16" instead of "roll 5d6" - that's just so fitting for clones.
Had not thought of it that way before, but you are right.

Short question before I mess stuff up: Can Zentraedi pick occs from the core rulebook? Zentraedi come with a restriction for the occs - occs in the Marine book are allowed, as well as ueef fleet officers, but I don't find that name anywhere.

You can go with a OCC from the Core book, just so long as you can fly either an Alpha or Beta.

Also, I am wanting everyone to select a good alignment. Just to make sure you can all work together without killing one another.

Damn, that screws my concept over - you know me, I always play mass murderers and stab my team in the back.... just kidding, you'll get a 'good' character, no worries.

I thought remarks like these where demanded in the job description when I signed up for this...

Below, you'll soon-ish find the rolls for a female Warrior Elite - I'll leave any rolls for occ- specific stuff for tomorrow, but I think I'm going for Veritech Pilot - Reconnaissance MOS.

Edit: Quite average rolls, which is nice - but even if we fail, I'll look good while going down.

Last edited:
One more thing: Do we stick with the skills available in both books mentioned, or are there more skills available? I haven't checked the lists myself, but I remember that a few interesting skills are spread across the different books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back