Robotech - The Invid War - IC

(Shoot, sorry!)

He aimed his gun to one of the Shock Troopers (6-10) and fired a burst of 5 at one of them.

(6 for 17, are my dice loaded?)

Clean miss! The pulse laser carves a series of holes in the rock wall behind the Invid.

In response, the first five Soldiers raise up their arm mounted weapons and fire at Cyrus. Four of the five will hit unless you dodge.

Rykon Rykon is up, and MrSaturnUL MrSaturnUL has a dodge roll to make.

Initiative Order
19 - Cyrus [1]
17 - Soldiers 1-5 [1]
16 - Mike <====
13 - Jandra
12 - John
9 - Soldiers 6-10
8 - Charlie
8 - Milo

Mike fires a 5 round burst from the Cyclone's beam rifle at Soldier 1.

23MD

Number of Attacks: 5
Strike: +9
Parry: +11
Dodge: +12
Roll: +2
Perception: +9
Initiative: +1

Mike fires a 5 round burst from the Cyclone's beam rifle at Soldier 1.

23MD

Number of Attacks: 5
Strike: +9
Parry: +11
Dodge: +12
Roll: +2
Perception: +9
Initiative: +1
Are you going for a Aimed Shot at the head, or a standard body shot?

Thanks to the maneuverability of the Cyclone, none of the enemy manage to hit Cyrus.

Rykon Rykon are you going to go for the head shot or a body shot? Just want to be sure of your intent.

I reckon I can go for the headshot. I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to the Cyclones, and I've been really sick lately.

Mike's head shot is good enough to take the Soldier down in one hit.

Silanon Silanon is up

Initiative Order
19 - Cyrus [1]
17 - Soldiers 2-5 [1]
16 - Mike [2]
13 - Jandra <====
12 - John
9 - Soldiers 6-10
8 - Charlie
8 - Milo

One already down, another under fire - the former doesn't need additional treatment, the latter all the more. Jandra swings her own rifle sideways, adjusting the aim at Soldier 6. A burst comes out as the trigger is pulled, five shots competing to hit the Invid's eye first.

The burst hits the Soldier in the noggin, doing a lot of damage, but its armor is still holding strong even as it is badly damaged.

Sherwood Sherwood is up

Initiative Order
19 - Cyrus [1]
17 - Soldiers 2-5 [1]
16 - Mike [2]
13 - Jandra [2]
12 - John <====
9 - Soldier 6 head critically damaged
9 - Soldiers 7-10
8 - Charlie
8 - Milo

Seeing that Soldier #6 is messed up but still active, John raises up his forearm blaster and fires off a triple shot from it at the head.
In the Cyclone
Number of Attacks: 5 - +1 attack per melee round at levels 1, 4, 8 and 12.
Strike: +10
Parry: +14
Dodge: +17 Automatic Dodge
Roll with Punch: +10
Damage:
Perception: +5
Initiative: +6

CVR-3 Armor: 120
Main Body: 170
Beam Cannon: 1d4x10+6, 4,000ft range
HEAP Mini Missiles: 12

Soldier #6 is hit hard, and John's shot is able to take the head clean off.

In response, Soldiers 7-10 all target John, trying to eliminate you. They will hit unless you dodge.

D. Rex D. Rex is up, and Sherwood Sherwood has a defense to make

Initiative Order
19 - Cyrus [1]
17 - Soldiers 2-5 [1]
16 - Mike [2]
13 - Jandra [2]
12 - John [2]
9 - Soldiers 7-10 [1]
8 - Charlie <====
8 - Milo

John lets out a laugh. "It looks like we pissed them off for some reason!" He then kicks in the jets to try and boost his way out of the path of the attacks.

John is just barely able to evade all four attacks. You can see that the paint on your Nova has been melted in one spot where the plasma blast came very close to hitting you.

D. Rex D. Rex is up

Any volley of four or more missiles are a auto hit unless you roll the dreaded 1-4 on the die. If you want to try and hedge your bets in case you do miss, post that you maneuver yourself into a position of firing in a downward angle to keep the errant volley from going too far.

Raising her gunpod, Charlie aims and fires off a burst at the Soldiers eye piece. Hoping to have better luck this time. She wished she could use missiles.... but that too dangerous here.

Target: Soldier 2
Strike: 16
Damage: 22

Charlie takes careful aim on the Soldier, and her burst takes its head off in a spray of green fluid.

Milo does is best with taking out Soldier 3, and another one drops.

From over the barricade comes a handful of what look like seismic survey charges that are thrown at Soldiers 7-10, exploding in their midst and causing some damage to the Invid, but they are all still up and active.

MrSaturnUL MrSaturnUL is up with Cyrus

Initiative Order
19 - Cyrus [1] <====
17 - Soldiers 4-5 [1]
16 - Mike [2]
13 - Jandra [2]
12 - John [2]
9 - Soldiers 7-10 [1] damaged
8 - Charlie [2]
8 - Milo [2]

"Dammit Cyrus, get your act together!" He thought, a bit ticked that he was not performing too well. He tries another burst of 5 at a Soldier. (Soldier 4)

(13 for 14.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back