Robotech - The Invid War - IC

Not yet. Right now, they have misfired, and need to be reset before they can be used. Right now, Sherwood's payload is effectively down the four missiles until they are 'fixed'. If you make the roll, they can then be fired later on.

You can either try a fix, or make an attack yourself using your own weapons. Up to you.
I still have 52 missiles in my payload that are usable. I can wait on getting the missiles fixed up until after this fight is over.
Gotcha!

"On it!" Charlie declared. With the leftover mini missiles spent, it was time to move to the bigger boys.

"Don't start catching my luck, Blackjack. It doesnt suit you."

A couple button presses and her targeting system lit off with multiple bips. Locked on to three. "Volley, fifteen strong, firing!" She pulled the trigger. Time for a full house.

Targets: 8, 9, 10
Strike: 9, 12, 6

Damage: 350, 360, 430

Two of the three attacks will hit. Roll the d4+1 to see how many missiles hit each of the remaining two targets.

Hell, at least you hit two of your targets. I rolled that bloody '1'!

The two targets that are hit get blasted out of the sky. It is a decisive kill.

MrSaturnUL MrSaturnUL is now up

Current Initiative Order
20 - Mike -70 [5]
19 - Jandra [8]

13 - Shock Trooper 5 [4]
12 - Milo [5]
10 - Shock Trooper 10 [4]
9 - Charlie -80 [6]
9 - John -60 [6]

7 - Shock Trooper 13 [4] seriously damaged
7 - Shock Troopers 14-15 [4]
6 - Cyrus [4] <====

"Ooh!" He exclaimed, that was a way to thin some numbers. Seeing those results, he'd follow Charlie's example. He aimed ten MM-20 missiles at the duo cluster (Shock Trooper 14-15), five each, and fired them.

(19 to hit 360 for one)

(22 to hit 340 for the other)

The swarm of missiles fly out and slam into the two Invid Shock Troopers, blasting them both.

Moving on to round 2.

With only three Shock Troopers in front of you the pressure of the fight has eased off enough to be able to see around you that the allied forces are making good headway against the Invid, and the sky is nearly clear of targets. Even better news is that the Veritech forces have not lost any of their numbers, with only minor damage done to some of the fighters in the battle.

Rykon Rykon is up

Current Initiative Order
20 - Mike -70 []
19 - Jandra []

13 - Shock Trooper 5 []
12 - Milo []
10 - Shock Trooper 10 []
9 - Charlie -80 []
9 - John -60 []

7 - Shock Trooper 13 [] seriously damaged
6 - Cyrus []

Mike fires a 5 missile barrage at Shock Trooper 10.

[Accidentally rolled damage for MMDS-8 Instead of MM-60, second one is correct, so 380 MD potentially]

The missiles fly out and slam into the Shock Trooper, killing it instantly. Only two of your attackers are left; one is damaged, and the other is unharmed.

Silanon Silanon is up

Current Initiative Order
20 - Mike -70 [1]
19 - Jandra []

13 - Shock Trooper 5 []
12 - Milo []
9 - Charlie -80 []
9 - John -60 []

7 - Shock Trooper 13 [] seriously damaged
6 - Cyrus []

Only two of the foes remain, one of them beaten up quite badly. Some might go for the easy kill - shouldn't be hard, just another round of bursts. Anyone can do that. That's why she redirects the veritech's course, until the undamaged one is in sight. "Attempting to hit the eye - let's see if it's as deadly as they taught me." Not an easy shot, that's certain - one that even she might not attempt if there was any real risk, right now. But what will those two do, miss another few times? Might as well go for a flashy finish, show the new commander that she's good at doing her thing. "Got it in sight, firing..." Not a burst this time, just a single shot from Alpha's single gun pod.

Attempting a called shot at the Shock trooper's eye, let's try this out while there's not much danger.

The shot hits the Shock Trooper in the lightly armored eyepiece, and the eye shatters, killing the Invid inside it while leaving the shell relatively unharmed.

Next up, Milo lines up a shot with his Beta's gun pods at the last of the Invid in front of you, and is able to finish it off, leaving the sky clear around you.

Moving out of combat time.

Looking up, you can see a bright flash of light as the Invid Scorpion ship explodes under the pounding given to it by the Arwyn and her sister ships and the few remaining guns on the Zentraedi destroyer. Unfortunately, the destroyer is so badly damaged from being a shield to the Robotech Master ship, it looks about to blow up, too.

As you watch, a trio of Zentraedi Fighter Pods come sliding up in formation next to you, and you can see the lead pilot offer up a wave through the armored canopy before they break off and head back towards the destroyer.

A signal comes in from the Garfish, "Orion Squad, good work out there. It looks like all Invid targets have been eliminated. We are getting signals from the Zentraedi ship, thanking us for the assist. Right now, the Captain wants you and Widowmaker Squadron to go make direct face-to-face contact with the Robotech Master ship. According to their reports, the carrier is loaded up with refugees from a nearby planet that has been attacked by the Invid. Get us a read on the status of the passengers and the status of the ship. Please acknowledge."

Keying his radio, John calls out, "Copy that Arwyn. We are moving out." He shifts channels and calls out to Mike. "Sir, Blackjack here. I'm good on missiles, and have only a minor hit to my armor. I'm combat ready." Speaking of missiles, let me see if I can reset those four HEAP that didn't fire.

"No major damage taken, either - ready to go. Arwyn, I can confirm that hitting the eyes of these troopers does wonders; thing just blew up after a single hit." With the new orders given, she takes position close to the squad leader's right wing, only sharing short, precise comments for Milo to use to get them there. Only once in position does she use the team's comms channel again: "Good shooting there in the end, Milo - and everyone."

"No damage taken on my account." Cyrus said into his radio while eying his surroundings in the airspace. He took note of the payloads that his ship held, and flew to take position with his squad. "Everything is good to go, Arwyn. Deploying now."
He couldn't help but to crack a smile, being back in the air with a good team....

Mike hits his comms to respond to the Arwyn. "Aknowledged. We're moving to make contact and assess their situation. Orion out." He then swapped bands to hail Cyrus. "Alright soldier you're with me for now. Keep eyes out for any surprises. Hopefully all will be quiet from here, but you never know."

"This is Snake Eyes. Just a scratching of the armor. Got enough missiles for another engagement." She flicked a switch and jettisoned the hard points, "Wing cleared for transformation at your whim, Blackjack. Willing to stick with you a while longer if you'll have me."

Users who are viewing this thread