• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Tales of the UEEF (Main)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Pyrrah carefully walks her Beta inside, being watchful of the wide wingspan that she has in Guardian mode. Looking around, she eyes the three Bearmen with interest. "Grumpy, I am going to shut down and dismount. Time to make contact with the big fuzzy critters."

Unless her commanding officer expresses any complaints, she will power off her Beta and open up the cockpit to climb out. The only weapon on her person will be the Gallant H-90 in its pistol configuration; the heavier stuff will be kept in the cockpit.

"Greetings. I am Lieutenant Pyrrah Nikos of the United Earth Expeditionary Forces. We are friends, and our fleet is here to liberate this solar system from the tyranny of the Invid. The UEEF has already freed my homeworld of Paraxis. May I ask who you are, and what the situation is on this asteroid?"

The Bearmen look back and forth between each other, then the one carrying the pick takes a step forward. "I am Grond. I run this base as much as the Invid allow me to. We could see that you possess the ability to destroy our captors, and would ask of you to help us. We are simple miners, and what tools we have are picks and shovels, not well suited to fighting a enemy with ranged weapons. While many of the Invid have launched off to attack you and were destroyed, there are several down in the mines keeping my people under guard. If you can help by freeing my miners, we have a cargo ship nearly full of processed ore that we will give you. Please, will you help us?"

"Seems like we're always the heroes, better get used to this Charlise." grumpy smirks as he began to open up his cockpit, but stopped for a second.. instead opting to get into his cyclone. The mecha b began to shift and open, ploping grumpy onto the ground with the cyclone in place. How nice of the valk to get him dressed, she always is a sweetie.

"My name is Captain David Darwin of the UEEF, as my lovely friend says we are here to do exactly what you ask. We're veterans in this type of field so don't worry. You can provide what support you wish, I'd recromend trying to get what captives you can out while we take down the insects." he stepped his way forward, cyclone hitting the stone beneath with a satisfying heft to each step.

"Come on ladies. We got work to do... Ah.."

he paused and explained on the commun icator to the guys outside whats going on and asked possible back up and aid for civilians.

"Y-yes sir." She said to him in response. Not quite knowing how to respond. But the again, the storm dragons were heroes. So it was something she should have expected.

Charlie followed Grumpys lead, equipping her Cyclone and hurrying after him.

"Captain, I saw a Zentraedi control console while we were in the airlock. If this facility was made to accommodate the zentraedi, then it stands to reason that we probably may be able to use veritechs in here so long as we are careful with our fire. It would give us a major advantage against any cougars or soldiers. But that might also mean that larger invid might be present as well." She pointed out.

Pyrrah glances back at the others unloading their Cyclones and nods. "I guess I need to break out my own armor, too. Don't want to go into a party without being properly dressed!" She turns to her Beta and goes to the Cyclone storage bay to begin unloading her chosen Saber Cyclone, and hoists up her EP-37 and checks the power cell. "Grond, how many Invid are down in the mines, and what kinds are they? If we are dealing with Inorganics, we may want to try and lure them up to deal with them using the heavier mecha."
Cyclone Bonuses
Number of Attacks: 8
Strike: +12 / +13 when firing bursts with EP-37
Parry: +17
Dodge: +13
Roll with Punch: +9
Initiative: +5
Perception: +8
Critical Strike on a 19-20

Main Body: 225
Plasma Mini Missile 1d6x10: 12
EP-37 - 1d4x10 per burst: 100
Two spare power cells
CADS punch: 3d6 MD

The big Bearman looks relieved that the team is making plans to go in after his captive workers. "There are many Soldiers, since they are small enough to fit into the tunnels we have dug out, following veins of ore. We have counted a total of twenty of them, patrolling about, watching my miners and making sure that they don't team up against them. There is also a pair of Odeon Inorganics. We just don't have any way of stopping those things, even if we did take out the Soldiers. The Inorganics are just too powerful for us and our mining tools."

Pyrrah shakes her head. "Grumpy, we are faced with the same problem that the miners have. We will have a tough time with those Inorganics with the firepower we have in these Cyclones, unless we can find a way to lure them into a place where we can use our Veritechs against them. Perhaps we can get them to the surface where Alex can hit them with his missiles."
Cyclone Bonuses

Two spare power cells

A question Charlise might know. How long does it take for a veritech that has been shut off, to be able to come online and fire? Would it be a short enough time for an ambush tactic?

Charlise perked up, thinking of a few ideas. "What about one of the domes?" She inquisitor. "If one can be evacuated, a Synchro Cannon blast might be able to blast through it to hit an unsuspecting Odeon. One blast may not kill it, but it would certainly get its attention... so what about three veritechs? It would be easier to lure them to a dome than the surface. It might sacrifice the dome, but we could dispatch them quick and under more reliable cover. And once a vacuum takes over, we could use missiles with less risk of the shockwaves causing collateral damage. Should the soldiers follow, the veritechs could squish them with little difficulty."

"I'm sure the invid already know we are here. We could power down a suit have it camoed and toted to the designated dome. Meanwhile, two veritechs would leave. Plus one active Cyclone armor. They may see it as retreating. This could reduce pressure on the bearmen allowing them to evacuated with less scrutiny, or at least move to the mines or opposite end of the compound."

"The veiryechs would wait outside the protoculture sensor range, the inside veritech could power up as bait. A single target would be much more enticing of bait. And once the invid enter the dome, the outside veritechs fire their cannons, given their incredible range, then beat it inside the dome to finish them off. The inside veritech should be able to take a couple of hits, and should survive if everything goes accordingly." She suggested. "Maybe."

Pyrrah ponders Charlise's idea before shaking her head. "I am not a fan of this. Too complicated, too many things to go wrong. I am thinking that out of all of our mecha, the Alpha is the smallest and most likely to be able to fit in a tunnel that can hold a Odeon. We use the Cyclones to lure the Invid, especially the Odeons, out to where the missiles and Synchro Cannon on it can hammer them into bits. Once the Odeons are out of action, the Invid Soldiers may outnumber us, but we have the skill needed to take them out."

Charlise folded her arms uncertainly,"I had thought something like that too... but the soldiers are smart, and might realize you are trying to lead them to an ambush rather than trying to escape. My alpha would be visible to their sensors. They may take heed to not press their luck. Or work to undo the ambush and turn things to their favor. Not to mention it would put you and Grumpy at a lot of risk..."

"Those are nothing we can't overcome with a bit of skill, though, like you said. However, my Synchro cannon is offline. I may be able to get it working again. But I worry there might be something wrong with the mech causing my systems to overheat. I would use missiles but...-"

Charlise paused...

"They are in the tunnels, correct? The Odeons. What about a controlled detonation to collapse one of the tunnels on them while you lure them out? If it doesn't crush them entirely, it might at least keep them tangled in the rocks to be very effective. Even if it only slows them, the explosion and rockfall might damage them enough to make it all the easier to destroy them." She suggested again. "Though that would be too dangerous to do if there was anybody in those section of the tunnels that was not our targets..." she

"But, I am confident I can handle two odeons should that be the decision." Not really. "So long as I can do a system diagnostic on my Alpha. And ask Mr. Grond few questions regarding the dome while you and Captain do the luring."

Grond looks up at the three mecha towering above him with curiosity, then looks to Charlise. "You have questions, then I shall have answers. If you have some mechanical trouble with your machines, we have skilled mechanics that might be able to help you. It would be the least we can do as we stand here, asking for your aid in order to free ourselves and our world from the Invid."

Just as Grond is saying this, a slightly smaller Bearman (possibly a Bearwoman?) comes running in. "Grond, we have spotted six Soldiers and one of the Odeons coming up this way! They will be here in a matter of only a few minutes!"

Grond looks over, "Which tunnel are they taking?"

"Tunnel number two."

"I see." Turning to look at the three of you, Grond says, "Tunnel two is one of our main access shafts, easily large enough to fit your big machine. But if you want to get there before they can access the domes, you must hurry. What do you wish to do?"

With Charlie's specialty in Alpha operation, would she be able to quickly run a diagnostic upon startup and reboot the MSC in time if she were to roll for it?

You can make a roll, and if you miss the first, you can try again at a -5%. If you miss that one, you get one last roll at a -10% before you run out of time to bring the MSC up and running. The rest of your weapon systems are still usable.

Aye, but all them snake eyes has made her worry there might be something wrong with the alpha. Certainly it can't be just bad luck :p

Pyrrah looks over at Charlise. "Grumpy and I can keep the Soldiers busy, but that Odeon will be a hard target for us to take down in our Cyclones. We will need the missile firepower of a larger mecha to hit that thing hard enough to kill it."

A very generous offer that she would have taken, but time wasnt on their side.

Charlise nodded at Pyrrah,"Leave the Odeon to me, then. Just be careful when I fire those missiles. Try to get under the alpha when I do. I'll be in guardian mode to give you some physical cover. Not just from cheeky Odeon blast, but also a potential cavein."

"N-not that I doubt the abilities of the bearmen, i mean!" She said as she hurriedly rushed back to her alpha.

Getting in, she began its activation. She didn't have a lot of time... but she would try to run the diagnostic herself, and try to reboot that cannon. No... she wasnt confident things were in working order... but she might need it.

The Alpha powers up quickly, and Charlise begins the reboot process on the Synchro Cannon. One by one, green lights slowly pop up on your control panel, showing that the big gun is showing itself to be ready to fire once more.

Now that everything is (supposedly) ready to go, the Bearmen guide the three of you through the large Zentraedi-sized halls, through a set of airlock doors to a mineshaft that breaks off to several different passages. The guides point to the center tunnel. "They are coming up from that tunnel, and will be here in moments!"

Charlise was skeptical, but momentarily satisfied (she didn't have any choice at the moment)...

With everything online, she switched her veritech from battleoid to guardian mode.

Once in the tunnels, she took position in the middle of the tunnel. Dipping her nose down slightly, to give cover in case the cyclone chose to go underneath her. She could say least keep some heavier blasts off of them, though with them underfoot, it might be more difficult to dodge...

Yes, one of her options could be to aggressively charge... but using missiles, she would rather not be close to her targets should the caves lose their integrity.

Initiative roll for Pyrrah.
Cyclone Bonuses

Two spare power cells

VAF-6I Alpha Fighter w/ Super Module

Current Mode: Guardian

· Head – 75
· Sensor Pod – 45

· Hands (R) – 45
· Hands (L) – 45
· Forearms (R) – 120
· Forearms (L) – 120
· Upper Arms (R) – 90
· Upper Arms (L) – 90
· Shoulders (R) – 100
· Shoulders (L) – 100

· Upper Legs (R) – 120
· Upper Legs (L) – 120
· Lower Legs (R) – 180
Lower Legs (L) – 180

· Wings (R) – 150
· Wings (L) – 150
· Tail Stabilizers (R) – 100
· Tail Stabilizers (L) – 100

· Main Body – 398/420

· Reinforced Pilot’s Compartment – 150

Mini Synchro Cannon: Online, 3d6x10 per

2x Nose Lasers: Active, 2d4 per, +2strike.

Missiles remaining: 56/70, 2d6x10 per

Mini-missiles remaining: 8, 1d4x10 per

Level: 2
Xp: 4,000

Hit Points: 30
SDC: 50

Number of Attacks: 5
Strike: +4 (+5 with rifles and energy rifles)
Parry: +8
Dodge: +8
Roll with Punch: +3
Perception: +13
Initiative:

In the Alpha
Number of Attacks: 6
Strike:
+6 in HtH
+8 With EU-13 Gun Pod
+5 with MSC
+4 Aimed shot (Sniper)
Parry: +10
Dodge: +10 on Ground, +12 in Flight (any mode)
Roll with Punch: +5
Perception: +13
Initiative: +2

Bonuses with Mecha Combat Training: +1 attack per melee round at levels 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, and 15.

Roll for initiative!

It does not take long before you can hear the sound of the heavy footsteps coming up the slope of the tunnel. Soon, you have sight of the Odeon and the six Soldiers. The Invid are all ready and looking for a fight.

Psychie Psychie is up first

Initiative order
25 - Pyrrah <====
20 - Soldier 1-2
18 - Odeon
16 - Grumpy
15 - Soldier 3-4
10 - Soldier 5-6
3 - Charlise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back