• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Tales of the UEEF (Main)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"Charlise, any medical experience?" Grumpy asked her, eyeing the other cyclone. "While I am thankful for the ore, we did this purely to help you all nonetheless. Once we return to our allies we'll be talking with the fleet commanders to get this area truly cleared and you all someplace safer... And some warm food as well. among medical support of course." grumpy stated as he rummaged around for his communicator, trying to get in contact with the people outside.

"I-... not really sir." She had some wilderness survival training, but nothing that would really prepare her for battle wounds. "I could try... but I don't think I would be able to do much better than anyone else with common knowledge." She said, a suddenly a little uncomfortable in the seat of her alpha. Not to mention she didn't really know much about bearman physiology...

The offer they made was nice. Supplies like that could help that out quite a bit. And as it stands now, out of bearman ha-paws is out of invid hands. Though. If fleet was coming to secure the area. Then it could just stay here anyway. But she did agree, they were only doing it to help.

Charlise would know that there is a basic medical kit in your emergency kit, but it is not meant to be able to treat this many casualties. As it is, the ones that are able to be moved are being grabbed up and rushed to whatever medical center that exists in this asteroid base.

Grond and his remaining Bearmen gather around Grumpy, offering their thanks to their saviors.

By the time that your battle is done, you can hear some radio chatter between Alex and Pyrrah about damage that she has taken from some unknown kind of Invid mecha. It sounds like she took quite a beating.

Charlie's voice would come over the radio. "Station has been secured. Pyrrah, Alex, is everything okay up there? Do you need us to assist?" She asked wanting to make sure they were fully in the clear before really thinking it was over.

After a long wait, Pyrrah finally replies. "We're here, barely. We ran into something new out here, a kind of Invid that has never been seen before. It . . . nearly killed me, and if you don't believe that, you should see the damage done to my Beta. I sent copies of the encounter with this thing to Eagle Eye for uploading to the MacArthur, but I think you will need to see it, too. Transmitting."

Once that is done, and the others have copies of her encounter with the new mecha, she continues. "We are in the clear up here right now. Sir, what do you want us to do? Do you need us down on the rock, or should we hold position up here?"

With the Invid on the asteroid defeated, and the airspace around you clear of all except the rubble of more dead Invid, what does Grumpy decide to do with the disabled mecha that the one Invid pilot was flying? It may be out of commission, but it does seem to have a reinforced internal compartment that is relatively intact. If you recover it, you may be able to learn some valuable intelligence on the enemy, but someone will have to fly it back.

Is it possible to contact the MacArthur and have them send a mecha recovery unit out to pick it up instead of having one of us split off to fly it back?

"Alright, lets get the Mac to come to us, were not able to leave this area in case of stragglers." Plus they had a shit ton of ore... which may be a cumbersome thing to lug all the way back.

"When it comes down to it, i'll fly the broke mecha back to the ship, bastard should be able to give us some idea what the hell is going on.

Good job dragons. It was tricky but we managed to get the job done..."

With the initial fight over, the Raven is able to send a long range signal back to the fleet to report everything that has taken place. You get word back that the fleet is going to slowly send ships forward to the asteroid belt, using it as cover from detection by the Invid, and that you should hold your position for the next three hours until the first group of ships arrive.

The first group includes the Arc Royal, the MacArthur, and three of the Garfish class ships. As they pull into position close to the large rock you have been on, a large group of fighters are launched to patrol the area and be the first line of defense against an Invid counterattack. Several shuttles make their way down to the mining base to get some face to face contact with the miners there, and a mecha recovery team is pulling in the ruined hull of the one unknown Invid vehicle.

As the Storm Dragons make their landing, farther up the landing bay there is a large security force getting ready to stand guard over the wreck until it can be determined to be safe to inspect.

"Hoo boy, not bad for a returning fight in the driver's seat Alex. Learn from the best eh?" David smiled at his ex-co-pilot. "Now, what did you two find out there? Some new roach mech?"

Pyrrah climbs down from the cockpit and looks at the devastation of the armor plating that was just enough to save her life. "That mecha was a nasty devil. I've never even heard of a Invid mecha that was like this before. It was packing a shit-ton of missiles, and that is a new thing for the Invid! I am not looking forward to seeing more of these things on the battlefield. Check out the tapes on that thing. It was fast, maneuverable, and smart. Not like any slug mecha I've ever seen before."

"What about you, Phyrrah, you aren't hurt, are you?" She asked, looking at the damaged beta. To say it took a beating was to put it lightly.

She then looked back at the... thing... "D-do you think it's a new model? That they are making these things now?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, just a bit pissed off that my poor baby here got mauled so badly. Now, we just need to wait for the intel people to evaluate the rubble of the thing, to see what is inside it." Pyrrah looks up at the Beta and gives it an affectionate slap. "But the Beta did her job well; I am still alive to talk about it."

"Thank god it did, nearly lost one dragon, if I did again I'd never forgive myself." he gave the paraxian woman a slap on the back. "Knew you'd do well Red, you have a fire another in our squad has, with abit of a stiffer tone." grumpy smirked before looking at Charlise. "You did well to rookie, if I remember they took your straight from training correct?"His eyes Seemed to keep in the respectable range of locations to look.. it helped she had a cute face in truth.

"That it did. I'm relieved you came out okay. That we all did. But with the MacArthur here, I'm sure that we can get her fixed up in no time."

When the Captain spoke, she got a little self conscious. Though she might not entirely agree, since she felt she failed to detect the original invid ambush before they appeared. Among other things. But the fact that she didn't disappoint was a relief. "Thank you sir, and yes. This is my first assignment." She wouldn't really notice where he looked. (Has no evidence of his lechery yet)

Very cute face, mousey in a sense, nice hair to.

All in all, he could come to a conclusion she had this intellectual cute yet somewhat stiff look about her.

He wondered what she was like when she got actually comfortable.

"Right, likely we'll be sent out again after abit of recuperation... And licking our mecha's wounds. Won't take much time but best we get what rest we can. So, what do you two do for fun?"

Pyrrah glances over at the extremely attractive Charliese and mutters, "Well, I can think of a few things I'd like to do . . . " Then she realizes that she is ogling a human, and they don't have the same pair bonding rituals that Paraxians do, and with the mixed gender culture of the humans, she is probably not interested in her in that kind of way. "I like to spar, ride horses, do a little rock climbing, y'know, anything physical that I can excel at. But I'm also interested in learning more about humans and the kind of things that you do, sooooo, what do you guys think?"

....Did Pyrrah just...

Well he can't blame her Charlise is... Well... She is pretty gorgeous.

"...Few things you'd like to do eh? My my, pretty forward Pyrrah. I would've expected you to go after maybe one... But your captain AND your new squad mate? My my my, guess that forwardness really does run in the family."

"Uh..." Well. That was certainly very forward. "Uuuhhhh..." yes. Very forward. And it was at such a time like this that she really wished she had her helmet still on because she could feel her face getting rather red. And no, not because she was some innocent little babu(she wasn't). But so forward! And even encouraged by the captain!

Being put on the spot was what did it mostly. And made it a little harder to put the words together. Was it an egregious affront? Certainly not. She was neither insulted or offended. Not in the least. Charlise was well aware of the advantages of "blowing off some steam" in stressful occupations. And risking being sucked out into dead space on a regular basis was certainly a stressful occupation. Not to mention the fact you could very well die any hour from any number of factors, most of which being out of your control. Live life to the fullest and whatnot. But goodness, some tact!

Phyrrah, certainly was very pleasing to the eye. And red hair was always lovely. Seemed both strong and capable. And it isn't like she wouldn't NOT be interested. Then again she was an alien. Not that she had anything against aliens! She was sure aliens could be just as enjoyable in such circumstances as any human! Ack! Now look where her mind was taking her... should probably stop while she was ahead.. or less behind in this case. Willing herself to move on so as not to think about the connotations of what the captain said.

Charlise raised a hand to her face, acting like she was pushing up her glasses, but was mostly trying to hide what redness of her face that she could. "M-maaay...be..?." She semi-answered. Not really so sure how to respond. Still unclear if it was serious or a tease. Or it didn't matter! Forward! Goodness.

N-not that there was a problem being forward...

"I like... uh... hiking?" She started, trying to move the conversation onward and to summon back some semblance of dignified appearance again. "Swimming. I like parks and reading and watching wildlife and outdoors stuff..." though... not much of that was stuff one could feasibly do in a starship.

The Captain looked kind of old though.

Pyrrah clears her throat, trying to regain her composure. "Uuuhhh, how about I go look into the investigation of the new mecha Alex and I came across? It could be important." She starts to slide away, dearly hoping that Grumpy doesn't tell her to stay put.

With no objections from your commanding officer, Pyrrah wanders off to stick her nose into the investigation of the strange mecha that nearly blasted her out of the sky. When you get close to the secure section of the hangar, you can see the technicians using heavy duty laser torches to cut into the hull of the mecha. Suddenly, one of the techs lets out a yell. "Security! Get me security now!"

Troops that were standing more or less at ease are suddenly tense, and a half dozen Saber Cyclones go running up while others back away from the wreck in case it is a trap of some kind. Several long moments pass by as the Cyclones investigate, then you can clearly hear the phrase, "Its alive! Get us a medical team!"

Several orderlies go running up, pulling a stretcher. Over the course of the next several minutes, the crash recovery team cuts into the hull to make the opening large enough to haul out . . . whatever it is in there. Next thing you see is a human figure being lifted out of the hull! A limp, male figure is lowered down to the stretcher and is strapped down to be whisked away by a squad of security both in and out of powered armor.

With not else to do, Charlie would follow after Pyrrah. She too wanted to see what all this was about. This new foe.

At first, she actually figured that there wasnt going to be anything to see aside from the wreckage, but no. They seemed to have found something.

As the security swarmed about, she could indeed see the form of a humanoid. That didn't look much like an invid... wait... no.

Charlise leaned up- well... no she was still to short. She got up on her tippy toes and tried to whisper to larger female. "That's a human!"

Pyrrah looks grim. "It certainly seems that way. But it could be one of the Robotech Master clones, since I do not believe that humans have been out this far into the galaxy. Either way, it is a radical departure from what the Invid have done for hundreds of years. They do not recruit, they do not cajole. They smash whatever they see until the population has their spirits crushed and the Invid then place their claws upon the throats of the hapless victims and force them into slave labor. This is . . . unheard of."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back