• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Tales of the UEEF (Main)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
When Grumpy comes walking out, he is nearly run into by Pyrrah as she comes rushing up. "I am sorry, but I had to use the bathroom. Did I miss anything important? Are we going to be going up to the MacArthur on this ship?"

"Don't worry, didn't miss much just checking up on some business. We'll be riding this garfish up, then we'll see about your ship." Grumpy nodded to the woman as she came up, though takeing a step back as she nearly smashed into him. "We'll be riding up, though we should collect our group while we can..." he doubt they would wander, but their ships were put on board so they would follow...

"so... You plan to follow me everywhere I go? Should I order a bigger bed for my room?"

Pyrrah looks surprised. "Of course not everywhere! That would be silly. We are going on board one of the ships of the Fleet. Where else could you go that you would be safer than here? Now, out in the battlefield, I would normally be your shield, but taking into accord the importance of following orders of my superiors, I will fly and fight as you command. But within those orders, I will do what I can to protect you as I work to replay the life-debt I now owe to you."

...that kinda went over her head abit...

"Good enough, mind that there are some kids who occasionally hang around. A garudian particularly has taken liberties when it comes to my person. She's harmless, though hard to keep track of." He noted as he began walking and talking.

"The way things go, be ready to think on your feet in battle though, we're typically thrown into the thick of it, no rear guards here... We've infiltrated Invid hives on foot to extract captives on an alien world, captured a robotech master factory ship, saved the temple of life, secured previously unknown stealth technology from the Haydenites after their tests on us... Which resulted in the first thing I talked about by the way.

Also I reverse engineered the shield generators the ships now use. Gotta work on getting them smaller still..." he mumbled before scratching behind his head.

"Amanda and I were through all of that. With a few others. We've been through hell and back and I wasn't always the leader... Hell, even less the one doing the most.

But we always pulled through, by being the boldest sons of a bitches this side the fleet.

So if you feel you have what it takes, i'll take you and any other who comes up. Show me what the Paraxians are capable of eh?"

Pyrrah laughs. "Bold! Just the way a true warrior should be. I will do well in this squadron." She gives Grumpy a playful 'thwack' on the shoulder. "I look forward to showing you just how well a Paraxian can do in battle! Now, let us find something to eat on this ship. It has been some time since my last meal, and I am hungry!"

"Hah, bold guess thats one word- OWWW!" He yelped at the sudden smack, stumbling forward a bit. "Ah, yes, well, food is a good yes." He pretended to totally not feel that bruise forming.

At all.

Nope.

He was a strong man.

"Lets get that belly of yours filled cutie."

After stealing his way aboard, Bishop set off to find the others. Although his access was barred from several shipboard areas since he wasn’t technically a member of the crew, he was still able to fall-in with members of other skyward bound warriors. The flotsam of dozens of scattered units filling the ship.

Thankfully, all these misplaced souls were able to find common refuge in the most convenient compartment available, the mess deck. Not being shy and in need of refreshment himself, Bishop grabbed a handful (or plateful) of whatever was being served and staked out a claim for seats in case any squadron-mates made an appearance.

Seeing the others enter he flagged them down.

Directing his question to the Captain, “So what’s the story boss? Hustle back and rearm?”

Pyrrah settles down in the vacant seat that Bishop set aside for her with a heaping tray of food. In between mouthfuls of food, she says, "I would hope so. I am trained in how to use a Cyclone, but my first love is the Alpha. When I'm racing through the sky at Mach speeds, I feel truly alive! Its where I'm meant to be, and I look forward to using my new skills to kill as many Invid as I am allowed." She takes another large bite from the slab of meat on her plate. "I am constantly wondering why everyone complains about the food. This is good stuff."

While you eat, there is a series of announcements over the ship's PA system, telling everyone that the Roger Young is about to lift off. A slight wobble can be felt as the Garfish rises up from the ground, then the ship's own artificial gravity kicks in and things settle down for a smooth flight up. With you in the mess hall is a medium sized crowd of thirty five people of various ranks and job assignments, most are fellow survivors of the assault and have come aboard the Rodger Young to make the flight up to the Command Cruiser with only a few that appear to be actual members of the ship's crew.

Everyone, please give me a Perception roll.

Everyone in the dining hall is enjoying a quiet meal and having quiet conversations in a rather subdued tone. It is an after effect of the sheer number of Invid and the losses that were taken against the assault and the bombardment. The good news is that the forces of the Invid in the valley have been crushed, at the rest of the planet's liberation is proceeding along quickly.

As you eat and talk and are nearly done with your meals, everyone hears a odd sound; everyone but Pyrrah recognizes the sound as the distinctive report of a Valliant laser rifle firing a short burst. The thing that makes it an odd sound is that you are all currently up in orbit and supposedly there is no security threat to worry about.

Throughout the room, conversation fades away as people look up, wondering what that sound was, with some of them frowning.

What do you do?
At the moment, you are all in your CVR-3 armor and wearing your sidearm of the Gallant H-90 in PISTOL mode. Most of the crew members in the dining room are not in any armor, and about half have their sidearms. Here is a reminder of what they are:

CVR-3 Body Armor. This standard pilot and infantry body armor is a necessary component of the Cyclone. Without the armor, the cycle cannot turn into Battloid mode.

M.D.C. for male armor:
Helmet – 50
Arms (2) – 35
Legs (2) – 50
Main Body – 120

M.D.C. for female armor:
Helmet – 50
Arms (2) – 30
Legs (2) – 40
Main Body – 90

Gallant H-90 Modular Energy Pistol
This weapon is standard issue for pilots, officers, and vehicle crews. It is a 10mm laser weapon that uses an ingenious modular design to fill the role of both sidearm and rifle. As a side arm, the Gallant is a compact, semi-automatic weapon with the ability to deliver both M.D. as well as S.D.C. damage with just the flick of a switch. With the rifle stock attached, the Gallant becomes a long-range, precision laser rifle.
Weight: 2lbs as a pistol; 7lbs as a rifle
Range: Pistol: 800ft Rifle: 1600ft
S.D.C. Damage: 2d6 S.D.C. for a single shot, 5d6 S.D.C. for a three round burst; same for pistol and rifle. Only the range is different.
Mega-Damage: Pistol 1d6 M.D. for a single blast, 3d6 M.D. for a three round burst. Rifle: 2d6 M.D. for a single blast, 6d6 M.D. for a three round burst.
Payload: 2500 S.D.C. blasts, 830 pistol M.D. rounds, 415rifle M.D. rounds

Last edited:
Grumpy paused in his fiddling with his datapad, he was wondering why in hell he was getting random chatter from the commander, whom had been somewhat comfortable with him before but he was getting a tad nervous in how the commander was becoming buddy with him now... But the sound, the distinctive sound of a valiant he was so very well fond of from way back in the jungle kidnapping going off was something he didn't expect to hear.

it was a disconcerting sound, and one that msot certainly made him worried beyond all hell... For his first thought came to the pilots... they wouldn't... would they? No.. it couldn't be...

he had to be certain.

Drawing his side arm he motioned to the others to rally on him. "Everyone stay calm and form up away from the doors, Dragons on me, anybody else with a weapon, secure the perimeter once those without arms are safe." grumpy shouted before posting up by the door, listening out into the hall for sounds of movement. "Alex, get ship security or the captain on link, tell me if anything fucky is going on the moment you hear it." What the fuck was going on here...?

Interpreting the report, Bishop leaps up with Grumpy and posts up with the others near the doorway. Quickly unholstering his H-90, he flicks the damage selector to SDC mode and verifies he has a full charge available for use. As he manipulates his sidearm he thinks, ‘don’t want to be the guy punching holes in the ship, kinda cold out there!’

Once situated he dons his helmet and verifies an atmospheric seal. ‘Please be a misfire... please be nothing at all!’

OOC: disregard the last part if we don’t have helmets

With being so new to the UEEF, it is little wonder that Pyrrah didn't recognize the blast as a weapon fire as quickly as her companions. But when her squadron commander jumps up and draws his weapon, it flicked a switch in her from simple pilot to a proud Paraxian warrior. She quickly draws her own weapon and stands up and takes a position on one side of the doorway, this time listening intently for any signs of further firing. I will stand ready and I'll make my Chi'en-Roe proud of me!
Combat Bonuses
Number of Attacks: 5
Strike: +8
Parry: +10
Dodge: +8
Roll with Punch: +9
Initiative: +2
Perception: +1
All Expeditionary Force Marines receive a+ 1 to strike with any rifle or energy rifle

CVR-3 M.D.C.:
Helmet – 50
Arms (2) – 30
Legs (2) – 40
Main Body – 90

Gallant H-90 Modular Energy Pistol
Weight: 2 lbs as a pistol; 7 lbs as a rifle
Range: Pistol: 800 ft Rifle: 1600 ft
S.D.C. Damage: 2d6 S.D.C. for a single shot, 5d6 S.D.C. for a three round burst; same for pistol and rifle. Only the range is different.
Mega-Damage: Pistol 1d6 M.D. for a single blast, 3d6 M.D. for a three round burst. Rifle: 2d6 M.D. for a single blast, 6d6 M.D. for a three round burst.
Payload: 2500 S.D.C. blasts, 830 pistol M.D. rounds, 415 rifle M.D. rounds

Last edited:
Thing rose to his feet, and didn't bother with his weapon, for now. he knew he could punch almost as hard as the damage from the gun, and it would be more satisfying. He started running towards the sounds.

As people start to move, the blaster fire goes from one isolated burst to a full spread of several shooters going full rock and roll, followed by several screams of pain that are suddenly cut short. Off in the far distance, an explosion of a grenade going off can be heard, then red lights kick on in the mess hall as a alarm klaxon sounds. A startled voice calls out on the loudspeaker, "Security to the Command Deck! Intruder alert!"

A second voice calls out, "Intruders in Engineering! They're REF troops! I say again, REF troops are shooting-" A blast of static cuts off the second speaker, then silence from the speaker.

More weapon fire can be heard throughout the ship.

The Thing is the first out of the cafeteria and into the hallway. He makes his way to a four way intersection with blaster fire going across the opening into the hall in front of you. If you turn to your left, it will lead you aft towards Engineering. If you turn right, it leads to a bank of elevators that run from top to bottom of the ship. When you came on board, there were a pair of security officers on each deck checking Id's as people try to come up from the Lower Hangar Deck. You also know that on ships such as the MacArthur access to the Command Deck is controlled by more security; usually involving Saber Cyclones.

Looking fore and aft, you can see two groups of armed and armored figures ducking down behind what cover they can find as they fire back and forth at each other. At the front of the ship you can see three figures in CVR-3 armor, all three suits show damage to them, all three armed with Gallant H-90's, only one with the rifle stock attached. More disturbingly, you can see the bodies of four dead people that were not in any armor that have been cut down my MDC weapon fire.

To the aft of the ship, there are four figures, one of the giant Bearmen in MDC armor carrying a EP-37 heavy laser rifle, a VR-050 series Cyclone with a EP-40 blaster on its forearm, and two figures in CVR-3 armor packing Valliant laser rifles. All four show signs of damage, but it looks like the Bearman has taken the brunt of the hits.

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws make a Perception roll, please

As this is going on, Alex is on his radio, with is pistol in one hand, trying to get through to the Command Deck. "Grumpy! There are firefights going on all across the ship! It sounds like the front Flight Bridge has been sealed off, but the Flag Bridge has been captured by troops using UEEF gear! They are trying to breach the blast doors between the Flag Bridge and Fight Bridge!" He looks pale, but is keeping it together. "What the hell? What are we going to do?"

Everyone, give me Initiative rolls, please.

"Son of a bitch, lets go!" Grumpy shouts, his pistol set to MDC damage as he followed The Thing.

As the ship seemingly erupts into scattered bouts of weapons fire, Bishop takes note at the volume of action just up the hallway Thing and Grumpy went through. Getting on comms, he relays his movement to the group, "Sounds vicious up there. I'm headed around the action, try to get another set of eyes someplace useful."

With that, he bursts into a run after re-toggling his H-90 back into MDC mode. To himself, "What the hell! We got a damn rebellion around here?"

Taking quick note of any other soldiers who are as confused as him, Bishop attempts to rally them to follow as he heads out the opposite passageway attempting to snake his way around the fierce firefight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back