• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Tales of the UEEF (Main)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Pyrrah nods in satisfaction; Of course it would be the Captain of the squad to make such a daring and risky rescue. I would expect nothing else from a leader of such a resourceful and honored group. "Sir, it is an honor to meet you and your team. I have heard much about the brave pilots that were the ones that secured the Robotech Factory, and I have also heard of the honor given to you by the Sisters of Battle at the Temple of Life." She bows deep, her mind racing, trying to remember all of the proper forms that she has to use in dealing with him. "I could choose no one better to be Chi'en-Na to, to be the one that I owe my life-debt. I am yours until the onus is paid."

With that announcement, she feels very pleased with herself. My Clan will be very proud of me for this!

Grumpy... well he felt honored, very embaressed as this absolute beast, and absolutely gorgeous, of a woman just swore herself to him.

Wait, what was a Chicken-nah?

Was it a bodyguard thing? Honor bound warrior? Did he just get proposed to? Should he tell his parents he's suddenly married to a odd amazonian alien woman after he dove head first into an orbital bombardment from his own allies?

Maybe leave out the last part.

"...I... accept your... Uhh... Honorable... Proposal? Yes, ehm." He cleared his throat and stood tall once more. Gotta be captain like, he wished Bella was here so he could ask what the hell was a chokingno, chalknaught? Chestnut? Shit what did she call it?

Despite his confusion, he kept a straight face, with the only occasion glance at Alex that screamed of "the fuck is going on, is this a good thing?"

At least she was drop dead gorgeous.

...he could bite the bullet here and now though... fuck it why not. "..What exactly are your duties as my." He forced a cough and mouthed a word that may have been chestnautilus. "Sorry, jet lag, please explain."

As Alex listens, he pulls out a datapad and begins to look up the 'Chi'en-Na' title, doing his best not to smile or laugh and insult the Paraxian warrior. No need to have a diplomatic incident between the two races.

He looks up at Grumpy. "'Chi'en-Na' is a status where the one that has been saved is honor bound to protect the one that has risked themselves to save the other. The higher the status of the rescuer the greater the onus placed on the one that is saved." He is struggling to keep the smile hidden. "It looks like you have a protector, there, Grumpy." He turns his attention to the tall redhead. "I wonder how this will work, since you are now a member of the UEEF military, and not just one of the Sisters of Battle."

Grumpy subtly sighed, letting out his worries. "Well then, I would be happy to have you, since we have some... Vacancies for a time." He felt a tad bit awkward filling slots so quickly but... Well... Both of them would be down for awhile.

Man, first time hes had squad mates shot down... And it was from their own ordinance. Atleast none of them died, he'd hate to live in a world where he couldn't bother Scorch again.

Hopfully she doesn't find out how worried he was, or the fact he cried when he first heard she was gonna be okay.

Nobody saw that right? Right.

"I can pull something if she wants to be with us. Brass owe us for that suprise rain shower... And we should See about repairs for our ships." Not his but he wasn't about to let his pride in his flying skill show "I mean, I can't say no to a pretty face." The man shrugged,

....before he mentally slapped himself for letting that slip.

"...I... accept your... Uhh... Honorable... Proposal? Yes, ehm."
"It is no proposal, honored Captain!" Pyrrah looks at Grumpy with an earnest expression. "This is very serious! If I do not work to repay the life debt of as Chi'en-Na, I will dishonor myself and my Clan! Especially since you, the squadron commander, was the one that placed herself- I mean, himself, at risk to save me, a lowly recruit in your UEEF military!" She was getting worried that this Captain would not understand just how important this was to her.
"I can pull something if she wants to be with us. Brass owe us for that suprise rain shower... And we should See about repairs for our ships."
Pyrrah nods in agreement. "My Alpha is probably a smoking wreck somewhere in the blast area, so I will be in need of a new Veritech in order to be able to operate properly with your squadron, once your needed paperwork is pulled." She felt ashamed that she lost her very first assigned fighter, but tried to console herself that many had a worse experience than she did, and at least she was still alive after ejecting from her mecha. Then her new commanding officer made a unexpected comment.
"I mean, I can't say no to a pretty face."
She paused, her mind racing. While in training as a new UEEF pilot, she did receive a basic education in the differences in the human reproduction method compared to the Paraxian system, and knew that somehow they were physically compatible. It seemed to be very confusing, and it was more than a bit embarrassing to be discussing such private things as this, and she had to admit that some of what was taught was simply a mystery. Was he trying to initiate some sort of pair-bonding courtship ritual with her? What should she say that would not be an insult her Chi'en-Roe? Its not like she's had any real experience in pair-bonding even with women of her own race since she was only seventeen! Her Clan mothers never prepared her for this!

After being silent for what seems to be a very long time, Pyrrah can feel herself blushing a deep red. Say something, you dimglow! "Uh, yes, sir, if you say so." Brilliant and witty comments there, you silly girl.

I don't know if the High Command will bust your ass down to buck private or give you a medal. Get a medic over here and check these men out!"

As he sets to shutting down the Beta's systems, Bishop glances down at his hands and realizes they are trembling. Quickly shifting his thoughts away from the battle and back to the shout from his Tech. 'Well, shit! That'd be a fine way to join the squadron, getting busted down first day on the job,' he thinks to himself.

After opening the bomb bay doors to free the occupants, he quickly checks on their status and performs a walkabout of the Beta. Getting some time to fully assess the rest of his Veritech he realizes she won't be fit to fly for a long time. His eyes are greeted with assorted views of mangled armor and sporadic sparks flying out. He ducks as a particularly vigorous 'zap' releases energy seemingly directed at his head. 'I know sweetheart,' he thinks, 'I wanna make whoever fired on us pay too.'

At the moment, the UEEF has control of the valley, letting the battered forces lick their wounds and regroup.

After some time, Bishop manages to hook up with the others and get updates on Bella and Amanda, feeling bad that both pilots would be ending their journey with the group here. But proud he could claim flying with them through that hellstorm and living to tell the tale.

"Uh, yes, sir, if you say so."

Standing silently aside throughout the exchange with the new Paraxian, Bishop inwardly chuckles as the Captain amusingly performs the very human response to being in the vicinity of attractive members of the opposite gender 'Open mouth, insert foot'.

With plenty of experience working with Paraxians, Bishop attempts to fill the awkward space left by the Captains last comment and steps forward.

"Honorable Pyrrah, welcome! We are happy to have your support in this fight and have faith that you will enjoy many chances to display honor for your Clan! May all your shots break Invid spines!"

...Did he just make this girl blush?

God her face was as red as her hair.

it was like her mind was running a thousand miles per second, only to... Sputter out an affirmative.

He could tell already, she was going to be very, very fun.

"Fair enough, Good to see your still well bishop, some hell we went through. Speaking of, best i get in contact with our compatriots above." the man began to take out his communicator and flashed a final glance at the red faced paraxian, giving a smirk then continued. "MacArthur, come in, this is Captain Darwin of the Storm Dragons, we're still collecting folks from the bombardment area down here, whats the situation on your end? The invid forces are decimated around here, along with most of the landscape and two of my squadron's ships might I add.

The lures were successful, highly so, but that is besides the point at this very moment.

What is the situation we are currently looking at?"

The communications operator sounds quite harried with all the teams calling in. She responds with, "Good to hear you came through the attack in one piece, Capt. Darwin. It is regrettable that you have suffered some casualties, but it could have been much worse. Reports are still coming in, so details are still somewhat sketchy. But what we can say is that it would appear that the heavy Protoculture Lure that you deployed made the Invid sprig their trap prematurely, thinking that there was a large, powerful target in the theater of combat. It is most likely that the Lure that you used and the resulting bombardment resulted in a great many lives being saved in the ground forces that would have been going into the tunnels to clear the last remnants out. In the meantime, check in with the ground forces commander to get your current deployment orders."

Pyrrah turns her attention to the other male that spoke to her and read his name tag: Caldera. She gives this fellow a nod. "Greetings, Lt. Caldera! I look forward to flying with you. I have been training in your mecha and tactics since our refugee ship was rescued by your people, and I do plan on having a much better time in the cockpit than I had on my first real fight. I have trained in all of your flying mecha, but I was assigned to a Alpha Fighter. The Captain flies his Valkyrie with his passenger; what do you bring to the fight, Caldera? Do you have a callsign? I do not; I haven't been flying long enough to earn one."

When Capt. Darwin calls the MacArthur, she is taken aback by the blunt manner that the radio operator seemed to have. As a warrior, she understood that there are times that some must be sacrificed for the greater good. But even so, there is the feeling of sorrow at the loss of life that this person seemed to lack. Perhaps these humans are harder warriors than I originally thought.

"Fair enough, lets not let this go FUBAR again. I don't really like getting caught in the rain." Grumpy ended the communications there. "Alright you've heard the man, Nykthos, your with us until others as otherwise.

And if they do, tell em I said your with us and they can talk to me about it later. We've had folks put on us in droves these days, god knows I can be pick and choosey sometime now.

Plus, I'd like to hear about this clan of yours, they all have that beautiful red mane or you speacial?" He began talking and walking, figuring the others would follow, along with his new bodyguard.

The Captain flies his Valkyrie with his passenger; what do you bring to the fight, Caldera? Do you have a callsign? I do not; I haven't been flying long enough to earn one."

Welcoming the chance to engage the Amazonian, Bishop replies, "Since you've been through the training, like you I can fly all Veritech fighters, although I specialize in the Beta and my callsign is Bishop. Have you ever heard of the human game Chess?"

"I joined the Storm Dragons with another Paraxian Alpha pilot, Bella. Unfortunately, after the recent action she won't be continuing the fight with us, but she acquitted herself well and displayed great honor for her Clan. Particularly in selflessly flying in with the rest of us to save whoever she could during that bombardment. She'll be missed."

"As far as your call-sign, give it time. I'm sure you'll pick one up like the rest of us do in short order!"

"You mentioned refugee ship? So you originally escaped from the planet prior to occupation?"

Pyrrah says, "Ah, Bishop. A Beta pilot you say? I shall remember that. Good to know." She looks off into the distance, remembering the time on the refugee ship. "It was a horrible experience, on a ship that was falling apart around us. I had spent my youth here, under the greedy claws of the Invid before nearly a thousand of us were able to make an escape on the old ship we found. We would probably have died out there if your ships had not found us. That is why so many of us on the ship have joined up in the UEEF even before coming back home to Paraxis in order to repay our debt to you and to continue our fight against the Invid."

"Our world has been under control of the Invid for many years, ever since the Zentraedi wardens that were our planetary protectors left unexpectedly. That happened before I was even born, so I have never been able to see the beauty of Paraxis without the stain of the Invid on us. I hope that someday I will be able to come back home once the war is over, and I can tell my Clan sisters about my glorious battles out among the stars."

Looking over at Capt Darwin, she reaches up to touch her hair. "Yes, many of my sisters are also redheads. It is a common trait in my family." He said I have beautiful hair! Is this more of the pair bonding that we were taught about? What should I say? "Um, you have nice hair, too. Even if it is not red."

Thing remained silent throughout the exchanges. He was still mortified that he hadn't been able to save more of the ground troops, or save Amanda, but the exchange between Bishop and Pyrrah made even him realize that he might be witnessing the beginning of a courtship between the two races, and it was so clumsily done, that he found it funny, and he burst out laughing in a deep voice.

While Grumpy is putting his foot in his mouth, Alex is working on his datapad once more. He hands it over to Grumpy. "Here ya go. I went and pulled the necessary transfer forms up on the screen and plugged in the needed data to get your new bodyguard properly assigned to the team. All you need to do is hit the biometric sensor with your thumb to make it officially from you." Once that is done, a new screen flashes up on the datapad. The squad is to report back to the MacArthur with your new pilot ASAP. You will be able to catch a ride on one of the many transports that are coming and going at all times of the day.

From far above you, a sonic boom fills the sky as a pair of the Fleet's Garfish-Class troopships makes their reentry, slowing down to come in for a landing a short distance from the Forward Operating Base. Once they settle in, hundreds of ground troops come out, along with several destroids from the large hangar bays of the ships. In their place, many damaged but somewhat functional mecha are being loaded in to be repaired and rearmed. From here, the team can see that the few operable fighters of the Storm Dragons are being moved into place to be loaded in the bay of the Roger Young. Perhaps you can prevail upon the Captain of the ship to catch a ride up to the Mac with them.

Once Grumpy confirms the transfer request, Pyrrah checks on her own datapad to make sure that the paperwork was all official. Now that it is done, she then sees the order to come back to the MacArthur. Hopefully she won't have to wait long to be assigned a new Alpha fighter. After all, as a pilot, she is not worth too much to the team if she doesn't have a Veritech!

"Alright, maybe I should hire you full time as my secretary eh?" Wait does he have one? Who was he forgetting? Ah shit didn't she take over his workspace? god damn it. He pressed his thumb upon the biometric scanner and authenticated the transfer. Not that he was complain about having that fire haired hot piece of ass on his squad. Wait shit, what was that lesson on fraternization again? Does it really matter?

"Garfish, lets catch a ride while we can. Roger Young, almost sounds like the name of a singer..." Grumpy noted as he made his way forwards, asking whatever crewman in sight about the location of the captain of the vessel. he doubt it'd be an issue after all! they were loading up their ships and he was a fellow captain after all! though... the Garfish was a decidedly bigger ship than his... he wondered if he would get a big ship to?

From here, the team can see that the few operable fighters of the Storm Dragons are being moved into place to be loaded in the bay of the Roger Young.

"Woah, woah, woah... easy there buddy," Bishop interrupts the loading crew as they set about Guardian-mode walking his Beta aboard the Garfish. Up ahead, a queue of sorts has developed with on-loading mecha strung out along a line situated on one of the loading ramps leading into the Roger Young. Bishop watched as his Beta fighter was clumsily walked into line and figuratively head-butted into the Destroid-back ahead of her.

"I know she's a mangled mess, but you don't have to make it worse!"

As the mecha mover hopped free of the Beta's cockpit he merely responded to Bishop's shout with a shrug before scampering off with his mates to find the next mecha to pilot into line. Looking quickly about to make sure nobody would notice, Bishop hops up into the vacant cockpit access and re-activates the Veritech. Not seeing anyone protest his clearly inappropriate burglary, he deftly hops the Beta out of line and skips ahead in the queue by walking straight up the loading ramp before falling into line with another Veritech, a damaged Alpha, being actively loaded aboard.

Although the deck organizer gives the Beta a puzzled glance before quickly rechecking his data-pad, he nonetheless directs Bishop to follow the deck crew. Interpreting the wand signals, it doesn't take much to work out their intent. "Stop" "Move here" "Stop" "Move here" "Stop" "Rotate" "Shutdown"

With his Beta snug as a bug he waits for the deck crew to focus on the next mecha in line for berthing before hopping out and securing his cockpit access.

"Hmmm, I'm officially a stowaway. Better find the others before someone chews my ass."

With the cargo bay loaded up, the technicians begin the laborious process of repairing the damaged Veritechs and rearming the spent missiles. The various members of the Storm Dragons realize that they are in the way in the crowded mecha hangar, and the maintenance chief ushers you up into the ship to make your request for a ride with the officers of the Garfish.

Orikanyo Orikanyo please give me a Perception roll.

Taking the lift up to the first of the crew decks, the team is directed to a briefing room where the ship's XO is currently involved in some paperwork as he drinks a cup of coffee. As you head in, several other pilots are heading out, and one that passes by Grumpy gives you a flash of recognition: he is the same pilot that you and Amanda went to security to report the unusual conversation that you had with him. He doesn't seem to notice you as he walks out of the briefing room.

The XO is a man with a captain's rank with his nametag reading 'Hawkins', and he looks up at you as the Storm Dragons make their way into the room. He says, "Need to head up? Let me see your orders, please."

"Sure enough." Grumpy pulled out the data pad and showed the information required, his eyes had traced the man he saw before... He wondered what exactly went down with that, he was still opperating so perhaps he was given a scorning? Or maybe nothing did happen regardless...

Either way he would have to keep an eye on that one.

"Orders to head back on up to the Mac, my squad is in need of repairs from that sudden storm from our own, near lost two of my pilots trying to get people out of that hell hole." Grumpy turned his gaze to the captain.

"Excuse my curiosity, but why the name Roger Young?"

Capt. Hawkins smiles at the question. "Rodger Young was a United States infantryman during the Second World War. He was a hero that single handedly took out six German hard point pillboxes that were keeping the rest of his company pinned under heavy machine gun fire. Someone in the High Command thought that naming our Troopship after such a heroic figure would grant us luck in our future endeavors." He glances down at the datapad and quickly reads the orders listed.

"Everything seems to be in order, so welcome aboard. Capt. Roogan told me that he plans on lifting in an hour and a half, once we are done loading the wounded and the damaged mecha. Go ahead and find the mess hall and have a meal and relax, and leave the flying to us."

"Jesus, second world war... Now thats ancient history for you." Grumpy nodded. "The pilots who were in here before, they part of your crew? I think I remember one of them from abit ago." He motioned back with a thumb. "Lost a sibling? Brother I think? Damn well near lost two of my own squadron, thank god they pulled through. But I couldn't imagine loosing family..."

He did feel terrible over Amanda... But she would want him to look into this, even if he had to use the fact shes currently hurt as a way to talk about it.

Hawkins slowly shakes his head. "Mmmm, no, doesn't sound familiar. Sadly, I expect that there will be more pilots lost in the upcoming war, and we will have to find a way to deal with the losses. I guess our psycho-therapists will be busy dealing with the post traumatic stress of that. Whomever it is you are asking about might just be like yourselves; looking for a ride up top to one of the larger ships." He seems to dismiss the pilot you are asking about as being not important.

"If there is nothing else? I have other people to check in before we boost."

"Nothing else, I'll go see to my squad." he turned to the door and exited,keeping things in mind until something comes up... "Now... Where are those idiots of mine..?" Grumpy started to scan the horizon for his particular brand of people. "Maybe that bodyguard of mine is looking for me? I wonder just how close she plans to stay... It's an honor thing so.. Wait will i be able to do anything alone...?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back