• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Tales of the UEEF (Main)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Several hours go by before the first Garfish class ship pulls up to an airlock and begins to offload personnel, giving the Storm Dragons a break from the boring job of guard duty. At this point, the three of you are now directed to return to the Command Cruiser for some down time. It has been a very long day for the two humans, and they are in need of some serious rest, a hot shower and a good meal.

As you land and climb down from the cockpit, you are met by ship captain Romanov and Commander Holston, the CAG. There are other a members of the ship's crew there, along with a camera crew, and as your feet touch the deck, you hear a loud round of applause from the assembled crowd. Capt Romanov steps forward and gives off a stern look. "Why are the three of you out of your proper uniforms? This is unacceptable! Commander Holston, we need to remedy this right away!"

"Yes, ma'am! The four of you, fall in!" He steps up to Grumpy and pulls out a small box from his pocket. He opens it up and you can see a set of captains bars in there. He takes the new rank tabs and attaches them over your current lieutenants bar. With an approving nod, he salutes you and gives you a hearty handshake. "Congratulations, Capitan Darwin! Well done! Now, let's fix the rest of your squad."

The CAG moves down the line and pins new rank insignias to the rest of the squad, promoting the three of you up to the rank of lieutenant first class, giving all three a handshake and salute.

Capt Romanov steps forward and says, "You can expect a call to meet with Admiral Kutzuzov soon for a nice set of medals to be added to your uniforms, along with a glowing report added to your personnel files. I cannot overstate how proud I am of the four of you. As of now, you are all on a 72 hour leave from duty. Enjoy some well earned rest and spend some time telling stories to your fellow pilots about your adventures! All I ask of you is to get your official reports filled as soon as you are done getting some rest."

David, from the moment the box opened up, the only thing that came out of his mouth was "Thank you sir/mam." and "Of course."

Captain!!

CAPTAIN DARWIN!!!!

HE WAS A CAPTAIN!!!!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

He wouldn't quite recover until roughly 3 hours after everything happened, showered, shaved, staring at the mirror and wondering, just wondering...

How in all the fuck did he get there?

Seriously, he was a nerd.

holy shit... what... what should he... Even do? Wait, when did he get that report? holy shit...Wait, what should he do as a captain? what does being a captain mean? ...Should... Should he.. Ask his FELLOW captains!? ...Yes, certainly. He should get to it now, why not right?

...Okay you can do this Grumpy... Time to go be official!

Last edited:
Thing was spending the time resting. He was unimpressed with the rank, since it wasn't a big deal for him. It was human nature to want to gain power and prestige. All he wanted was to do his job, and kick Invid ass.

Amanda stands straight and tall as Commander Holsten pins her new lieutenants bar on her. I always expected to get a promotion, but this is so early in my career! This is awesome! But right now, I'm in serious need of some time in the shower and a few days in bed.

Grumpy came back to the real of the living and stared at thhe people before him. "Thank you sirs!" His hand saluted, but wavered for a moment as he wondered if.... Should he be saluteing now?

"...I shall admit, i am... Uncertain of my new duties, but I shall perform them as I always have. Whatever they may be..." he questioned, feeling very, very,very odd right now.

How many assistants can he have now?

Wait no hes a captain, he has subordinants and people who have to listen to him. Right?

"...Wait...Captain of what...?" He rose an eyebrow, captains were commanders of ships weren't they? Hell yea didn't give that title to just anybody on a ship...

Could he also be called Skipper now?

Grumpy or Skipper, huh.

Once the higher-ups have gone on their way, Amanda gives Grumpy a huge grin and a playful slug on the shoulder. "Captain Darwin! Holy shit, that's freaking awesome! Congratulations! Let's head to the chow hall and show of our new rank tabs. Uh, Thing? You are welcome to join us; we can get you a sun lamp."

Amanda shakes her head and chuckles at herself. "It's called a sun lamp because it's very bright, and it mimics natural sunlight. Because your race doesn't eat food, but lives on light energy. It's a bit of a joke. Apparently it wasn't a very good one. Anyhoo, let's go. I need food, a shower and sleep."

Over the course of the next two days, the fleet is working overtime on securing the Paraxian home world from the Invid and the Robotech Factory. The engineers on the Atlas are head over heels happy to be able to play with the massive production ability and the capitol ship repair and construction lines. Now that the Factory is accepting commands from the UEEF, the plan is to utilize the Facility's own construction ability to reconfigure the entire place to work for the needs of the Fleet.

During this time, the pilots of the Storm Dragons (and Alex, too!) get to share tales of their near death experiences onboard the Factory to throngs of interested listeners.

As your down time comes to a close, Capt Grumpy is called to the CAGs office. Commander Holsten gives you a firm handshake. "So, does the uniform feel any different with those new bars on your shoulder? They look good on you. But, I did not call you up here to shoot the shit. I have some new pilots that will be joining your squadron; a pair of rookies that show a lot of promise."

He taps a few keys on his computer and the image of the two appear. One is a Garudan male named L'inn, and the second is a Paraxian named Bella. "I have emailed you their personnel files, along with the off the record stuff that the instructors don't put in the files. They will be flying a Alpha/Beta pair, but don't worry about the Invid spotting them. They are both getting the new Shadow Fighters so your team can remain stealthy. Also, just to let you know, your team is possibly going to be pulled out of the older Valkyries and assigned to pilot the newer Alphas and Betas. Your radar man, Lt Kilgore, would do well with one of the recon Betas as a support pilot, and when you are linked together, he can still provide your team the EW support you want, and when needed, give your team the extra firepower of another Veritech."

A quick look at the files for the two reveal that they both scored in the top three percent of their graduating class, and are excellent pilots. The 'unofficial' notes about them is that Bella is a highly aggressive pilot that needed to be reined in on more than one occasion, and is gotten into trouble because of jumping into a situation that put her over her head where she then needed to be bailed out of trouble. L'inn is more reserved, almost too much so, and it is hoped that exposure to a winning team can pull him out of his shell.

The CAG goes on. "Don't coddle these two, and don't let Bella walk all over you. She has gotten over the whole issue of taking orders from a man, so that shouldn't be a problem. Then there's L'inn. He's so quiet, you might forget he's even there. I have high hopes that your squad can mold these two into a excellent pair of pilots."

"Since they both know how to fly both the Alpha and Beta, you can take some time and think about who you want to pair them with. I know that your Lt Loxley can operate either the Alpha or Beta, and the Thing is also trained in the Alpha, so you won't have any trouble transitioning to the newer Veritech fighters. Talk to your people about this new assignment, then call your newbies over and meet them. Let me know how you are going to work this by the end of the day."

"Any questions?"

Not knowing about the meeting between her commanding officer and the CAG, Amanda is currently in the gymnasium hitting the treadmill. After all, if she doesn't stay in shape, she won't be able to fit into her flight suit! Can't have that happen now, can we? Besides, their last mission inside the Robotech Factory showed her that there are times she will be operating outside her mecha, and being able to get away from trouble fast is a good survival trait.

Hitting the kill switch, the newly promoted lieutenant grabs her towel and wipes away some of the sweat that's running down her face. The time off of flight duty has been nice, but she is ready to get back in the cockpit and get some stick and throttle time.

Grumpy, while he looked pretty good, felt like he was sent through the ringer. All while he was off duty, a certain garudian kid was bothering him at all hours. She caught wind of this old human tradition called halloween and made it her duty to try and scare him.

The fact she could use the Hin, was relatively small, and was god damn good at sneaking into places she shouldn't... She got him good a few times...More...Than she really should've. The slight bags under his eyes were testament to such.

Didn't help that he watched some wicked horror movies on the first day... His fault on that account, made him paranoid.

However, new recruits! Not a ship but also good, wait, he was gonna be plugged into a alpha? Which one? But he loved his valkyrie! God damn it... Oh well. "A quiet garudian would be a welcome change... Not aure what made that little one like me but shes been a little trouble maker ever since. L'inn, i'll keep an eye out for him. Bella, a strongheaded rookie, can't say thats rare, suprised she went pilot and not infantry." Grumpy thought about it, looking at the CAG.

"Any extra info? Hear anything from the paraxians? Half way tempted to have that symbol on the armor sewed into this suit, may as well be a medal really."

Last edited:
The CAG grins. "Don't get ahead of the Admiral, now. From what I'm hearing, the higher ups are discussing making a medal of that symbol, trying to make sure that we don't inadvertently offend the Paraxians somehow. But yes, we do want to make sure that the members of your team that have been honored by the Paraxians do get the credit you deserve."

"Good to hear, doubt the priestess would appreciate cutting the symbol into each uniform I wear. Can't say i'd turn down a reason to visit mind." He cleared his throat for a second. "Well, hopefully Bella takes to that bit of merit well, and shine more light on... What exactly it means fully..." he pondered for a moment.

"Ah yes, the factory. Are we still discussing what is to be done with it or is there a plan in place? It's not everday one falls into our lap, much less being able to get inside and sieze it.

We were lucky to not become destroyed when that thing came in on top of us."

The commander nods. "You got that right. It was just pure luck that everything fell into place so perfectly. The timing for our fleet to be in the system, and your squad to be in route up from the planet was just right. I don't know the details on just what is planned for the Factory, but I can say that if we can convert it to our specs, it will be a major asset in this war. Our own Fabricator Ship can make a Garfish in about three months. This Factory supposedly can make a Zentraedi flagship in about three weeks from start to finish, and those ships are miles long! Much faster than what the Atlas can do."

"And if we fit it to make our ships, weapons... We could pump out ships faster than you can blink. Christ, we'll have more than we know what to deal with.

If we can hold it... That part is crucial... Well, that said it is best I return to my squadron and give them the news, perhaps the rookies will show up to. We're two people away from having the storm dragons filled with all present found species.

Though... Best we test ourselves with one warrior race before adding another. Though Chen seemed to get friendly quickly with the Zentraedi." He chuckled abit before shakeing it off. "Best I get back to it then. Not to mention get used to riding an, call me old fashioned but I do love the valkyrie." Grumpy smilrd before starting to leave for the squadron meeting room.

He was roughly two steps out the door when somebody yelled "Boo!" Elliciting a jump from the man, who grumbled as a short white sheet wearing form ran off down the hall. "Enri! Get back here!" He was then gone himself.

The CAG laughs. "No guarantees, but I'll see whatI can do to keep your people in their older Valkyries, but you'll still have to deal with your two new recruits in the newer Alpha and Beta. Get to know your new people and introduce them to your older hands."

In the hallway, the childish giggle can be heard as the young Garudan runs off after providing Grumpy a good startle.

"Of course sir! Now if you'll excuse me!" Grumpy rushed off to find the little bed sheet clad foxcat person!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Standing in front of the meeting room's terminal the man gazed to where his squad should be, Enri had already disappeared again on him, so he was abit on edge... Plus they had two new recruits that were to show up soon so... That was exciteing. He had messaged the others to meet up at the meeting room(almost like it was made for that or something.) As he awaited their arrival, having perused the files 15 times again and again to see if he missed anything even medical related about these two... Top scores across the board, though teamwork was abit iffy it was expected for the two personalities, plus Bella was getting over a few issues.

He was certain Alex wont have an issue, he was a chill eniugh guy, Scorch was probably gonna be first in line if shes looking for challengers... Thing, well, he was like talking to a brick wall so it was hard to come up with anything he'd be an issue with.

He looked up his messenger on his data pad. "I wonder when they will arrive..."

Amanda gets word that her newly promoted squad captain wants a meeting of the team, so she rushes to her room to get into her proper uniform for the meeting. As she dresses, her eyes keep looking down at her own shoulders where her own new rank tabs are sitting, sparkling in the light. Look at them later, girl. Time to go to work!

Heading out at a brisk pace, Amanda heads to the meeting room where Grumpy and Alex are waiting for her to arrive. She gives a salute, then drops into a seat. "Reporting as ordered!"

Right on your heels are a pair of other pilots that walk into the meeting room. One is a Paraxian, and the second is a Garudan, both wearing UEEF uniforms of a Marine pilot with the rank of a 3rd lieutenant. They step in and snap to the position of attention, and the Garudan says, "Sir, Lieutenant L'inn and Lieutenant Bella reporting as ordered."

It is clear that they are fresh out training and are very green.

Thing gets up, and dons his uniform. He has just scrubbed, after another lesson witht he demolition team, learning how to disassemble explosives.

He took great care to show off the gift from the Paraxian High Priestess. He knew it was a badge of great honor, and intended to give it the respect it deserved in turn.

"Glad you could join us lieutenants. I was expecting you. Please have a seat." he motioned to the seats ahead. "Our final members should be filing in, we have.. Another new recruit as well. They should be along shortly however... As you know my name is David Darwin, my callsign has been for sometime "Grumpy" should you wish to use that on the field or here, you may, outside of formal affairs.." he was trying to speak as he thought a captain would, he was.. admitably trying abit hard but hey.

whatevs.

"So, recently there has been a few changes to the squadron, once valkyrie based we have been bumped into Alphas and betas respectively. Your partners are assigned, but you know that the pairs are free flowing well enough. Utilize it as you will and keep your heads working together.

Do the new recruits have any questions for me and the old guard here? We have seen a great deal of various work, on foot, cyclone and in ships. If you have any issues while here feel free to bother myself, Ms.Locksley or Mr.Killgore. The thing is a new member of our team as well, and can provide what help he can as well..."

...he hoped they didn't have to many questions...

Earlier in the day...

Nokie Nokie
Bishop is one of the new recruits that have just finished their training onboard the Atlas Fabricator Ship. Your graduating class of Veritech and Destroid pilots has been bolstered by the recent addition of several hundred aliens from their refugee ship that was encountered by the UEEF. Paraxians, Spherians and Garudans are now a common sight in the pilot's lounge, and the much larger Karabarrans are more in tune with the mechanical side of the training, but many do go for the larger Destroids.

While in flight training, you have gotten along well with one of the Paraxians named Bella, and she has been your linked Alpha pilot ever since. Bella is very impulsive, and frequently has to be pulled back from the brink of disaster by others in the squad.

You have now been transferred to the Command Cruiser MacArthur to join an experienced group of pilots in the Strom Dragon Squad. The Storm Dragons have recently made the news with their successful capture of a entire Robotech Factory! With only three pilots! Quite an impressive feat.

Having his transfer orders fresh in hand, Darius jots down corridors and passageways intent on making this meeting with the new squad on time.

This is the crew that nabbed a Robotech Factory, hell yeah!

Figuring Bella was already there and 'locked at Attention' like always, he was prepared to be odd-man out.

Breathing hard with obvious exertion, he walks in and closes the door softly so as not to cause a commotion just as the speaker indicates his call-sign as 'Grumpy'...

Amanda nods at the news that the older Valkyries are being swapped out. Not a big surprise, even if it is somewhat disappointing. "Ok boss man. What will the assignments be? Are you and Alex taking one pair, with me and the Thing in another? I can fly either an Alpha or Beta, so it's up to you as to which one I go with."

She then looks over at the two newcomers. "Good to meet you guys. I'm Amanda Loxley, call sign Scorch." She gives them a smile.

"Ah, our third, welcome." Grumpy pasued and slipped out the page underneath the other two he had neglected to look at.. Damn paper... "Darius, welcome. Scorch your flying Alpha, Thing can you deal with Beta? Our recruits have their alpha beta pairs already, but perhaps we should be teaming the old with new... Hmm... We have three new with two old guard and one who has been here abit... Then Alex... Damn, we have an odd number, half way wish they kept us in Valkyries..." Grumpy, as you might figure, grumbled.

"We'll get Thing's input, if he has no preference you will fly Beta Scorch." he neglects to admit he himself only knew so much about flying alphas or betas... damn brass.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back