What's new

Robotech - Tales of the UEEF (Main)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
It is clear that the drones don't have the speed to keep up with how fast you are reacting, and Scorch's shot hits the damaged drone for a bit more ouch.

@Orikanyo is up

Current Initiative Order
20 - Grumpy [6] <====
18 - The Thing [6]
10 - Secondary Drone 3 critically damaged [5]
10 - Secondary Drone 4 [5]
9 - Scorch [6]
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Critical Strike. Both drones are now smoking and sparking, but are still active.

@Red Shadow Claws is up

Current Initiative Order
20 - Grumpy [7]
18 - The Thing [6] <====
10 - Secondary Drone 3 critically damaged [5]
10 - Secondary Drone 4 seriously damaged [5]
9 - Scorch [6]
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Critical Strike. As you land on the damaged drone, the impact punches through the damaged armor of the drone causing a gout of sparks and flame to shoot out before the stricken bot falls to the deck.

@Psychie is up

Current Initiative Order
20 - Grumpy [7]
18 - The Thing [7]
10 - Secondary Drone 4 seriously damaged [5]
9 - Scorch [6] <====
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Amanda raises up her rifle to fire off another burst, hoping that they can wipe out the drone before it can respond to them again.
Payload
EP-37 - 100 / 50 - +4 magazines in reserve - Bonus: +2 to strike for single shots, +1 for burst firing.
GR-103 plasma mini missiles -
CADS - A slashing blow deals 2d6M.D., a punch deals 3d6 M.D., and a power punch does 6d6 M.D. and takes two attacks.

Armor
CVR-3 - 90
Cyclone - 225 / 45

Combat Bonuses - (on foot/in the Cyclone)
Number of Attacks: 6 / 8
Strike: +10 / +11
Parry: +13 / +17
Dodge: +14 / +16
Roll with Punch: +4
Initiative: +3 / +5
Perception: +6
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Amanda's attack does hit for minor damage, but every little bit counts.

@Orikanyo is up with your last action of the round

Current Initiative Order
20 - Grumpy [7] <====
18 - The Thing [7]
10 - Secondary Drone 4 seriously damaged [5]
9 - Scorch [7]
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Grumpy's wish is granted. Once he fires, the drone lets out a loud bang and then falls to the deck, inert.

Moving out of combat time.

With no more combat robots around you, it finally gives you a chance to take a deep breath (except for The Thing; he doesn't breathe) and asses the current situation. What catches your eyes first is the main display screen showing the combined Invid and UEEF forces out in space around you. As you watch, the red and yellow symbols around the MacArthur and the rest of the ships of the fleet flicker into a bright, cheerful green, annotated with English text! Thanks to the virus, the Robotech Factory is now recognizing the UEEF ships as allied, and its displays are being rewritten to be easily read by the primarily human crew of the fleet. If you can get a signal out to the Mac, you can have the ships of the 3rd AED move in close to the Factory and have its guns and drones assist in hammering the Invid troops out in space right now.

You just need to figure out a way to get that signal out . . .
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Dropping down to her knees for a moment, Amanda looks down at the ruined armor of her Cyclone, thinking, Damn! That was too close. But the ride armor did its job; kept me alive while dishing out the hurt to the bad guys. Now, lets see what we can do about the Invid out there. Got to get a signal out. Somehow.

Pushing herself back to her feet, she stumbles forward, looking at the consoles in front of her for some kind of communication setup. "If we plug in UEEF radio frequencies, we can call out using the Factory's own comm set and tell them to close in and work with the drones out there to clear the sky of the slugs." Amanda finally sees something that might work, then lets her fingers dance over the controls.
Payload
EP-37 - 100 / 50 - +4 magazines in reserve - Bonus: +2 to strike for single shots, +1 for burst firing.
GR-103 plasma mini missiles -
CADS - A slashing blow deals 2d6M.D., a punch deals 3d6 M.D., and a power punch does 6d6 M.D. and takes two attacks.

Armor
CVR-3 - 90
Cyclone - 225 / 45

Combat Bonuses - (on foot/in the Cyclone)
Number of Attacks: 6 / 8
Strike: +10 / +11
Parry: +13 / +17
Dodge: +14 / +16
Roll with Punch: +4
Initiative: +3 / +5
Perception: +6
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
With a bit of work, you are able to identify the controls for the communication system. If you were to try and scramble the broadcast, you would have a bit of trouble with the unfamiliar equipment, but for a basic signal out, you are able to program in the proper frequency and begin transmitting. You are immediately challenged for your identification, and the radio team has you jump through a few hoops in order to convince them that you really are Lt. Loxley of the Strom Dragon Squad.

Once those in command of the MacArthur are convinced of your identity, you can hear the surprise and pride in their voices as they commend you on the good work done in securing the Factory. As they talk, you can see that the fleet is under power and heading in to close distance to the massive station, where the UEEF ships and Veritechs can start combining their firepower to take out the Invid.

Xp will be forthcoming in the Character tab.
 

Orikanyo

Certified Professional.
Supporter
"Now we have a second waiting game." Grumpy sighed, but kept looking at the large station maps showing the battlefield outside. "We're getting low on ammo to..." he fiddled with his launcher and spare shots, filling up his launcher with the last he had.

"Though..." he took a pause to examine the area, feeling that itch again as he started to look around the room for oddities and tech. "My treasure hunting nose is starting to smell something. Maybe looking around could be worthwhile... When we have friends nearby."
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Amanda shakes her head and laughs. "We just went through all of this, and you are looking to see what you can loot? You're shameless! I would say, however, that if we were to make our way back to the airlock where we left the Valkyries, we might be able to find something of interest to poke our noses into. And now we shouldn't be shot at, either in the Cyclones or the Veritechs. Should be safe to travel in our full sized mecha, and a lot faster, too."
 

Orikanyo

Certified Professional.
Supporter
"A good scientist is a opportunist as well! And a tiny bit of a theif." He whistled as he made certain the scratched symbol on his armor was still there, all safe and saved from the wrath of the repair goons back in the Macarthur.

"And I didn't get this far being filled with shame, maybe grouchyness, occasional guilt and alot of caffine. But no shame. Speaking of shameless, I wonder if Enri is looking for us..." he paused and looked at Scorch.

"You think the security head is dealing with that meet up yea got told about? Might be worth talking about it when we have a chance..." he then caught another idea in his head.

"...Hey Thing, why do they call yea The Thing?"
 
"...Hey Thing, why do they call yea The Thing?"
There's a rumble from Thing, and it takes a second to realize he is laughing. "Well, my actual name is so much more complex to translate to human tongue, that those who found me and had a bit of a knowledge of our language shortened it to Thing. Seems humans are fond of shortening and giving 'pet' names, like 'Grumpy'. Which incidently, you don't look like a dwarf to me, at least, no more than most humans..."
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
As Grumpy and The Thing talk, Amanda manages to use the internal communications system to reach Alex. "Holy crap! I was getting nervous that you guys weren't going to make it! What happened in there? Tell me everything! Are you going to come back for the Veritechs?"
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Amanda quickly gives Alex the gritty details on how they were able to input the virus program into the control system. "We all got pretty banged up. Hell, my Cyclone is nearly toast. But we did it, and it looks like the system is accepting our inputs as valid orders. In fact, I'm using the Robotech Factory's own internal comms to talk to you right now. We are going to be heading back to you here soon, but it will take us several hours to make it there with as large as this damn place is. How are you doing out there? Any trouble?"
 

Orikanyo

Certified Professional.
Supporter
"Eh?!? A dwarf... Ah, well i don't see any Snow White around either, don't even look at Scorch." He chuckled abit before perking up to alex's voice. "Ah so you got through finally, glad to hear it. Mission is complete, just gotta make our way out now, defences are on our side and should be working on the invid now.

Macarthur is head our way to, we have officially grabbed this factory for ourselves... Can't wait to snoop around here. Gotta be something in this place worthwhile.

Besides.. yea know.. the whole factory.

Which is a good haul to, I guess.

Just feels like there has to be a toy or two around yea know?"
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
How are you doing out there? Any trouble?"
Alex lets out a laugh. "I've had a whole lot of nothing going on here. Hell, at one point, I was able to set the proximity alarm and I got a couple of hours of shut eye time. Just be careful coming back, ok? From what I can tell, there is still a lot of Invid outside, and they are knocking to get in."

Thanks to Alex talking you through the process, Amanda is able to set the internal radio repeaters pick up and retransmit signals from your Cyclones back to Alex in the Valkyrie, giving you contact with him throughout the Factory. This also helps to keep you in contact with the approaching fleet outside. From what you are hearing, the Invid forces are being beaten back on all sides, and several ships are planning on docking with the Robotech Factory to transfer over some members of their crew to head to the command center and make sure that there is no glitches in the virus implantation. After all the work involved in getting the program put in, the Admiral doesn't want to lose the newest asset for the fleet.

After several hours of travel with the occasional diversion to explore, the three of you have crossed much of the Factory back towards your waiting Veritechs. There are massive assembly lines on this level, all currently idle, but standing ready to begin churning out arms and weapons of destruction at a moment's notice. The rest of these levels of the station are all very utilitarian, but still impressive in the sheer scale of the operation, and you haven't even seen the large assembly sections for the Zentraedi Fleet and Robotech Masters' massive Mother ships!

Finally, you pull up into the airlock that you left your fighters in, and there they are, nice and neat. Just as you left them.
 

Orikanyo

Certified Professional.
Supporter
Grumpy appeared to be rather worn out from his zipping around, mostly disappointed but alot of the cool stuff he DID find were... Far to large for him. In truth he forgot about that part of the equation before he had set off on his hunting spree.

However, hearing that Alex was fine was nice, even if they were breaking their asses out here. "Glad to see you pulled weight around here Alex, heh, has Macarthur given any orders or word? We haven't seen much of the invid on the way... Wait... Maybe I could have grabbed something to bring in the valkyrie?!?"
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Alex nods. "We are supposed to wait for the relief party to arrive from the Discovery, Alexander and the Roger Young. Once they dock and transfer over their technical crew over with their Marine escorts, we are to return to the MacArthur ASAP."
 

Orikanyo

Certified Professional.
Supporter
"Right, and I wonder how much will get in our way of doing that? 20 invid? in 6 seperate groups? Then we'll have to go fetch another macguffin from somewhere else and maybe, just maybe, they'll let us grab another cup of coffee before dunking us back into the "Make the storm dragons do more stuff." tank.

Ever wonder if we should get a raise sometime?

Or should we start charging for each day that is saved? "
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top