What's new

Robotech - Tales of the UEEF (Main)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
With the press of a button, two of the plasma mini missiles go off. As the flames of the plasma warheads rise up, there is an instant reaction from the circling drones. Five of them break off from their normal patrol pattern and zip over in the direction while several of the Regult-style walkers begin to move over in the direction to provide heavier fire support to the five light drones. The one walker in front of you is still there, and there is at least one more walker fairly close to the tower that has not broken its position and run over. You can either try to sneak past this one drone, attack it and hope you can kill it before more back-up comes over, or try triggering some more of the four remaining explosives to see if you can draw it away.

What do you do?
Haven't seen @ShadowWolves post in a bit; want to make sure he is not missing any alerts.
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Amanda eyes the large bot in the distance in front of them. "If we can't lure that one away, we'll have to hit it hard and quick to be able to get to the tower without having all the other drones jump us. Try another bomb, and see what happens."
Payload
EP-37 - 100 / 80 - +4 magazines in reserve - Bonus: +2 to strike for single shots, +1 for burst firing.
GR-103 plasma mini missiles - 8
CADS - A slashing blow deals 2d6M.D., a punch deals 3d6 M.D., and a power punch does 6d6 M.D. and takes two attacks.

Armor
CVR-3 - 90
Cyclone - 225 / 165

Combat Bonuses - (on foot/in the Cyclone)
Number of Attacks: 6 / 8
Strike: +10 / +11
Parry: +13 / +17
Dodge: +14 / +16
Roll with Punch: +4
Initiative: +3 / +5
Perception: +6
Critical Strike on a natural 19 or higher
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Do you trigger another explosive, or just try to slip past the one drone without it? You still have four remote detonation bombs planted and ready to go.
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Amanda looks over at Grumpy. "I'm going to set off another blast. Lets see if that will draw our big friend there away from our path." With that, she presses the control to detonate bomb number three.
Payload
EP-37 - 100 / 80 - +4 magazines in reserve - Bonus: +2 to strike for single shots, +1 for burst firing.
GR-103 plasma mini missiles - 8
CADS - A slashing blow deals 2d6M.D., a punch deals 3d6 M.D., and a power punch does 6d6 M.D. and takes two attacks.

Armor
CVR-3 - 90
Cyclone - 225 / 165

Combat Bonuses - (on foot/in the Cyclone)
Number of Attacks: 6 / 8
Strike: +10 / +11
Parry: +13 / +17
Dodge: +14 / +16
Roll with Punch: +4
Initiative: +3 / +5
Perception: +6
Critical Strike on a natural 19 or higher
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
This time when the bomb goes off, it has the desired effect. The one defense drone just up the road from you begins to walk off towards the new explosion, its electronic sensors probing out for the source of the blast. If you give it about a minute head start, you should be clear to be able to get to the base of the tower. You'll still have to be careful of the handful of orbiting drones that are still around the tower, but most of them have left to investigate your sabotage efforts.
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Amanda waits for a moment to make sure that the one drone in front of them has been distracted, then she sets out for the base of the tower at a run, ducking behind whatever cover she can find as she goes. "C'mon, guys! We got to haul some ass if we want to get that program input into the control center!"
Payload
EP-37 - 100 / 80 - +4 magazines in reserve - Bonus: +2 to strike for single shots, +1 for burst firing.
GR-103 plasma mini missiles - 8
CADS - A slashing blow deals 2d6M.D., a punch deals 3d6 M.D., and a power punch does 6d6 M.D. and takes two attacks.

Armor
CVR-3 - 90
Cyclone - 225 / 165

Combat Bonuses - (on foot/in the Cyclone)
Number of Attacks: 6 / 8
Strike: +10 / +11
Parry: +13 / +17
Dodge: +14 / +16
Roll with Punch: +4
Initiative: +3 / +5
Perception: +6
Critical Strike on a natural 19 or higher
 

Orikanyo

Certified Professional.
Supporter
(Seems rpn shit the bed with notifs again)

"Alright lets go!" Grump breaks off after Scorch, hoping the time they bought will be enough. They've passed by scanners so far, hopefully they will do so again for long enough not to be caught... Last thing they need is to be hurt or worse, killed at this point. Damn fleet was riding on this attempt. And this was one price they certainly couldn't lose!
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Running forward, the four of you finally get to the base of the tower. You can clearly see two different sets of doors; one scaled for Zentraedi and the other one human sized. Assuming you go to the human sized entrance, you find that the doors are locked. You can either cut/blast your way in using your CADS blades or weapon fire, or you can try to bypass the lock and get it to open that way. What do you do?

@Red Shadow Claws @Orikanyo @Psychie @ShadowWolves Just to make sure that everyone is getting the alerts.
 

Orikanyo

Certified Professional.
Supporter
"Can anybody hack or get this thing open? I can try but I can't say hacking was part of my training... Niether was brewing moonshine but nobody needs to know that..." mumbled the last part before examining the lock himself for a second.
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Amanda shakes her head. "No, the best I can offer up is this;" She pops out the CADS blade on her forearm. "Lets do this quietly. No need to call a bunch of attention to us as we are this close to the end." At this point, she presses the blade up against the door and begins to saw her way into it.
Payload
EP-37 - 100 / 80 - +4 magazines in reserve - Bonus: +2 to strike for single shots, +1 for burst firing.
GR-103 plasma mini missiles - 8
CADS - A slashing blow deals 2d6M.D., a punch deals 3d6 M.D., and a power punch does 6d6 M.D. and takes two attacks.

Armor
CVR-3 - 90
Cyclone - 225 / 165

Combat Bonuses - (on foot/in the Cyclone)
Number of Attacks: 6 / 8
Strike: +10 / +11
Parry: +13 / +17
Dodge: +14 / +16
Roll with Punch: +4
Initiative: +3 / +5
Perception: +6
Critical Strike on a natural 19 or higher
 
Warhammer covers their six, taking a kneeled position and scanning the area behind them in case an enemy decides to come up behind them, he checks the status of his armor after the hit he took, it looks a little bit bad, nothing he could handle "I have really got to train more on defensive tactics and evasion when we get back to the ship." He mumbled to himself as he continued to watch their back.
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
It doesn't take long before Scorch has cut a opening in one side of the door large enough to be able to squeeze through in your Cyclone ride armor. After you slide through, you find yourselves inside the lobby of the tower. The chamber is large enough to fit a full sized Zentraedi in here, thanks to a ceiling height of 100 feet. After a quick search, you find several elevators, some scaled for human-sized passengers while others are set for the Zentraedi. The elevators take you up to the main observation and command deck, and as you step off of the lifts, the view is quite spectacular.

The control room is massive, with control and communications stations filling the place, capable of coordinating dozens of ships and all their thousands of mecha. Right now, the screens are filled with red icons indicating the attacking Invid forces, and yellow ones marking the UEEF forces as they do their best to keep their distance from the guns of the Factory. Other displays show that there are scores of Invid inside the station, and the security robots are working to wipe them out before they can do any real damage to the place.

It takes several minutes of searching for a command terminal capable of handling the virus upload, but once you do, all you have to do is plug it in the Robotech Master version of a USB port and let it do its magic.
 

Orikanyo

Certified Professional.
Supporter
"Right, I have the virus here... So lets get looking. Find the access port and lets hope whatever gods are watching us today keep things nice and simple." Grumpy would fiddle with the payload for a moment, they just had to find the thing.... His gaze turned to the screen showing the inside of the factory, hoping to gauge if the forces of the invid were closing in on their position or if the factory guards were about to come to them.

He also looked for the port around that place, for all its worth.
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
After hunting around for a few minutes, you are able to find what looks like a command console due to its advanced displays in the air above it. As you close in, you do find several data ports that your virus stick will fit in. In a flash, you plug the virus in and it lights up right away. It doesn't take long before the displays start to get fuzzed over with static as the virus begins to go to work.

Warning lights begin to flash on, along with a computerized voice announcing a critical error in the computer system, corrupting the operating system.
 

Orikanyo

Certified Professional.
Supporter
"Alriiight, looks like we're on our way. Whos ready for Murphy's law huh? I know its been roughly five minutes since the last round of shit hit the fan." Grumpy's crassness was shining through but his words were truthful. It was time to get ready for trouble, if it was to hit anytime, it would be now.
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
At this point, Amanda is feeling very jumpy. Things were going well; almost too well. Now that the virus is getting input into the system and alarms starting to go off, a armed response is certain. It is just a matter of time before some drones come calling. We have got to be ready.
Payload
EP-37 - 100 / 80 - +4 magazines in reserve - Bonus: +2 to strike for single shots, +1 for burst firing.
GR-103 plasma mini missiles - 8
CADS - A slashing blow deals 2d6M.D., a punch deals 3d6 M.D., and a power punch does 6d6 M.D. and takes two attacks.

Armor
CVR-3 - 90
Cyclone - 225 / 165

Combat Bonuses - (on foot/in the Cyclone)
Number of Attacks: 6 / 8
Strike: +10 / +11
Parry: +13 / +17
Dodge: +14 / +16
Roll with Punch: +4
Initiative: +3 / +5
Perception: +6
Critical Strike on a natural 19 or higher
 

Orikanyo

Certified Professional.
Supporter
"Playing with stuff is just a layman's term for " Scientific experimentation through practical physical manipulation."" Countered Grumpy, who still looked quite happy with the prospect of looking through this factory.
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Amanda chuckles. "Sounds like another engineering term called a Smoke Test. When you are done with your repairs, you turn it on, and see if it smokes." She continues to look around, expecting to see a swarm of combat drones coming own on their heads at any moment. "Damnit, can't this thing go any faster?"
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
As everyone waits, the alarms continue to blare. Suddenly, two of the elevator doors open and several drones exit the lift car and enter the room. There is one of the Primary Defense Drones 1537812489539.png , four of the Secondary Defense Drones 1537812559562.png , and then there are two repair drones 1537812631264.png .

From your briefings, you know that the large Primary Drone has 200 MDC on its main body, the smaller Secondary Drones have 100 MDC, and the two Repair Drones also pack 200 MDC on their main body. The repair drones don't have any actual weapons, but it is equipped with various cutting torches and drills that can be somewhat perilous to you.

Since everyone has been basically holding their actions and lying in wait, you all get a single free attack on a target of your choice. Please give me an initiative roll, too.
 
Warhammer sees the first wave of drones coming to them "Contact 9 O'clock 350 meters bearing 3-3-5!" Warhammer called the contacts and raised his scope to eye level and targeted the lead drone, after that he would continue to down the drones.
 
Thing still thought it hilarious that these humans seemed to use what they termed childish terms to important stuff. But he locked his sights on the Primary Defense Drone, and was about to launch a missile, when he realized that with his mass, he could do some serious damage to it, and then he bends his knees, and launches into the chest of the drone, with a big thudding impact.

Doing 6 MDC.
 
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top