• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Tales of the UEEF (Main)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"We could pull a simultaneously controlled explosion, with enough low-yield explosives, anything is possible chief." Warhammer said referring to Grumpy as chief, since Grumpy is the squad lead.

In order to make one or more of your missiles command detonate, it will require a Demolitions skill roll for each one. Do any of you have that skill?

"Then lets try that." Grumpy took off the second bag of missiles and put it forwards. "If only we had some of those protoculture grenades... maybe... the rounds? We have protoculture weapons correct? Could use our extra rounds to draw invid as well."

The Thing has Demolitions, so he would be able to work the missiles into a remote or timer detonation. He would just have to roll for each missile he works on.

"Whatever works, Chief. As long as we can get the mission done, I'm willing to waste every last round of ammunition I got, in order to take stuff from these Invid ****!" He said as he waited for the fireworks to happen.

Amanda looks dubious. "I don't know how to make the missiles remote detonate; never learned how. But, I don't think we want to have a bunch of Invid in here causing trouble if we can avoid it. If someone knows how to make the bombs, we can use them to distract the drones while we make a run for that tower."
Payload
EP-37 - 100 / 80 - +4 magazines in reserve - Bonus: +2 to strike for single shots, +1 for burst firing.
GR-103 plasma mini missiles - 12
CADS - A slashing blow deals 2d6M.D., a punch deals 3d6 M.D., and a power punch does 6d6 M.D. and takes two attacks.

Armor
CVR-3 - 90
Cyclone - 225 / 165

Combat Bonuses - (on foot/in the Cyclone)
Number of Attacks: 6 / 8
Strike: +10 / +11
Parry: +13 / +17
Dodge: +14 / +16
Roll with Punch: +4
Initiative: +3 / +5
Perception: +6
Critical Strike on a natural 19 or higher

"Right, true enough, once we have the factory under controll we'll be able to get this infestation cleared more efficently. Thing, think you can rig up some remote suprises?"

"Give us enough for a low-yield explosion with a 3-5 burst for secondaries," Wolf told Thing as he continued to wait for the fireworks that would be the distraction.

First, who is going to donate some of their missile payload to the cause of making a timed explosive? You all have a payload of 12 mini missiles in your armor.

For each bomb you want to make, Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws will need to make a Demolitions roll.

I am willing to donate 4 of my plasmas to the cause.
Payload
EP-37 - 100 / 80 - +4 magazines in reserve - Bonus: +2 to strike for single shots, +1 for burst firing.
GR-103 plasma mini missiles - 8
CADS - A slashing blow deals 2d6M.D., a punch deals 3d6 M.D., and a power punch does 6d6 M.D. and takes two attacks.

Armor
CVR-3 - 90
Cyclone - 225 / 165

Ok, so far, you have six bombs rigged up and are ready to be planted for your distraction. Do you guys want to go ahead and take the 12 missiles offered by Warhammer for even more bombs?

OOC How long would it take to make the bombs and to place them around the city? Do we want to spend that much time on this, or do we have enough bombs now?

Some of that is up to you. It takes several minutes for each missile to be rigged up to blow on command. It depends on how many you want to have out and about in the town to try and distract the drones. If you spread them out a lot, it can take you several hours and will be more work than just trying to get to the tower as it is now.

Amanda sits back and looks at the pile of explosives being worked on by the Thing. "I am thinking that we have enough with these six, and that it would be dangerous for you to give up all of your missiles when you might need them in the upcoming encounters. Give me a couple of the bombs and I'll sneak off that way and hide them and come back here."
Payload

Armor
CVR-3 - 90
Cyclone - 225 / 165

"Good! This is perfect. We have a reliable way of getting them out there through the vents as well, we just need these placed far enough to drag them out. Then we position and blow em up to breach the room.

Lets get these into position." Grumpy states with hand movements pointing towards wherever he mentions. "And then we're golden, how long did they say the virus would take? ...Actually it may cause an alarm to, so we have to be careful."

From your briefings, you know that it can take as long as ten minutes for the virus to rewrite the OS of the station to recognize UEEF forces and signals as allied and not consider your presence to be an intrusion. During this time, it is probable that the drones will still operate in a autonomous mode, but they will not be able to call in reinforcements like they can now.

"So, lets get to it. If nobody can think of something else, we go on three." Grumpy waits for anyone to speak up then start the count down.

Amanda nods. "I'll stash my two bombs a few hundred feet out. Then, we can start out, and if we need a window in the patrol pattern, we can set them off and wait for the drones to go investigate. We'll have a clean run to the tower then."
Payload

Armor
CVR-3 - 90
Cyclone - 225 / 165

With the six bombs hidden around you, the four of you start your sneak towards the tower. It is slow going as you hug what cover you can find to keep from being spotted. Several times you are forced to duck into one of the homes you are passing by until a patrolling drone moves past. You manage to get about a mile from the tower when you are stopped by one of the heavier drones standing in your way. It looks like its time to try a bomb-distraction. You have six planted; how many do you fire off?

"Lets try 2, what do you guys think?"

Amanda nods as she crouches down behind a short bit of wall. "Two sounds good to me. Lets hope jumbo out there takes the bait."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back