• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Many of the Bioroids have entered the dropship, leaving you fewer targets to choose from.

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 is up

20 - Ryuko -70 MD [7] <====
17 - Gabi -40 MD [6]
12 - Marlon -0/-20/-0 [7] taking aim
10 - Deunan [9] taking aim/out of actions
10 - Alan -0/-20/-90 [8] taking aim
8 - Blues 13 [5] light damage
8 - Blues 14-15 [5]
5 - Blue 18 [5]
4 - Neo -80/-40/-0 [7]

Ryuko fires her missiles, and as they fly up to the ship, it begins to fire down at them from its rotary cannon located on its underside. First, one missile is hit and is destroyed, then others begin to explode in a cascade of blasts. But after all the explosions rip through the sky, only half of the missiles are gone. The remaining nine continue to track on the ship and slam into it, doing sizable damage. But despite the heavy damage done, the ship is still in the air.

Purr Purr is up

20 - Ryuko -70 MD [8]
17 - Gabi -40 MD [6] <====
12 - Marlon -0/-20/-0 [7] taking aim
10 - Deunan [9] taking aim/out of actions
10 - Alan -0/-20/-90 [8] taking aim
8 - Blues 13 [5] light damage
8 - Blues 14-15 [5]
5 - Blue 18 [5]
4 - Neo -80/-40/-0 [7]

Missile Payload:
8/12 Plasma/Napalm short-range missiles - 2d6x10 M.D., 3 mile range, 15 foot radius, 5 M.D.C.
3/3 Fragmentation short-range missiles - 2d4x10 M.D. at a 3 mile range, 20 foot radius. 5 M.D.C.
Electronic Warfare Pod
16 chaff/flare bundles (4/4 in Ajax and 12/12 in EW Pod)

Sherwood Sherwood "LT! You mind if I wait for an opening? I think I can nail it really good once its cannon-fire dies down."

full

Image credit: www.limetown.com.br
STATUS Location: Inside the Zentraedi hideout.
Statblock: VHT-10A Ajax (360/400 M.D.). CBR Mk 2E Armor (105/105 M.D.). Heavy Shield (55/55 M.D.).
Effects Active: Radio jamming? Ajax mode: Helicopter. Dragonfly slot: Cobalt mine.

Deunan thinks for a quick moment, then says, "Go ahead and fire when you see your chance. Just don't let that thing get away. I want to send a message that we are not going to go down in this fight without swinging for the Moon."

If everyone is holding fire, I will go ahead and move onto the next melee round. Is everyone good with that?

As the Bioroids move up towards the dropship, Gabi is able to destroy two more of the Blues as they withdraw.

But now, the main guns of the various Spartas tanks have cooled down and are ready to fire once more.

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 is up with Ryuko

20 - Ryuko -70 MD [] <====
17 - Gabi -40 MD []
12 - Marlon -0/-20/-0 [] taking aim
10 - Deunan [] taking aim
10 - Alan -0/-20/-90 [] taking aim
8 - Blues 13 [] light damage
5 - Blue 18 []
4 - Neo -80/-40/-0 []

"Ngh... Guys, it's a long shot, but I'll try to slow it down! You guys bombard it with what you have left!"
Ryuko would say as her Ajax took off to intercept them troop transport.

"Ryuko... may god help me show restraint if you are even thinking about doing what I am suspecting." Marlon warned dangerously. "Stay with Rosy."

Ryuko probably knew she was going to get it from Marlon as it was. Of course... it was up to her how far she wanted to push a superior officer. One thing for sure was, he would see to it that there would be consequences.

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

"If you're thinking right, I'm crazy then, but if I don't slow it down, there will be reinforcements! I can't let that happen!"

The Ajax would ascend upwards before meeting face to face with the drop ship, at a safe firing distance of course. The PPC would be charging up as she glared at the machine.

"I'll take responsibility for what happens later! Just fire after its attention is on me!"

The Ajax would fire directly at the head of the ship.....

Deunan swears out loud. "Ryuko! So help me, you had best get your ass down and in formation with Gabi before I come up there and tear your legs off with my bare hands!" Shit! That girl is going to get herself killed pulling stunts like that!

Gabi cringed when she heard Conway's cursing. I tried to help you, Desperada. I tried to get you to see. Now you have smacked the lion in the rear one too many times and now she is out to get you. And the worst part for me? Now there's nothing I can say or do to help you. Your tears won't work on Conway.

As Ryuko flies up in front of the alien dropship, you realize that it may have been a bit of a miscalculation. The front of the ship has several large blasters sticking out of it, and with your sudden arrival in the air in front of it, they are all trained on you. As one, the six forward cannons fire, and they will hit you unless you can dodge.

Purr Purr is up with Gabi, and Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 has a defense to declare

20 - Ryuko -70 MD [1]
17 - Gabi -40 MD [] <====
12 - Marlon -0/-20/-0 [] taking aim
5 - Blue 18 []
4 - Neo -80/-40/-0 []

Missile Payload:
0/12 Plasma/Napalm short-range missiles - 2d6x10 M.D., 3 mile range, 15 foot radius, 5 M.D.C.
0/3 Fragmentation short-range missiles - 2d4x10 M.D. at a 3 mile range, 20 foot radius. 5 M.D.C.
Electronic Warfare Pod
16 chaff/flare bundles (4/4 in Ajax and 12/12 in EW Pod)

"Jesus! Ryukoooo!!"

Seeing Ryuko suddenly fly up and make herself the biggest possible target "for you" by effectively taking on the dropship single-handedly, Gabriela shrieked on the radio and launched her remaining payload (3 frags, 8 plasma) in one volley straight at the dropship. It was a fool's errand, she knew, for the cannons had already fired, but Ryuko was her friend.

Ever the professional, this was the first time in the Hispanic-Meltrandi's career that the Recon Patrol pilot had blown her cool over the radio. Sometimes friends made one do crazy, irrational things. This was such a time.

full

Image credit: www.limetown.com.br
STATUS Location: Inside the Zentraedi hideout.
Statblock: VHT-10A Ajax (360/400 M.D.). CBR Mk 2E Armor (105/105 M.D.). Heavy Shield (55/55 M.D.).
Effects Active: Radio jamming? Ajax mode: Helicopter. Dragonfly slot: Cobalt mine.

The missiles fly out in a deadly salvo, heading right towards the dropship. This time, though, the belly turret of the enemy ship is silent, and all of the missiles hit home with a massive explosion. As the smoke clears, all of you can see that the dropship is a smoking wreck, but it is still in the sky.

In response to the attacks on it, the ship begins to accelerate up and away, trying to get clear of the bombardment. The tankers will have one shot each on it before the vessel is out of range due to its extreme speed.

D. Rex D. Rex is up, and Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 has a defense to declare

20 - Ryuko -70 MD [1]
17 - Gabi -40 MD [1]
12 - Marlon -0/-20/-0 [] taking aim <====
5 - Blue 18 []
4 - Neo -80/-40/-0 []

"Oh shit!"
Ryuko was not expecting that the drop ship had cannons on the front..... But there was an issue of keeping the ship distracted too.

.... Screw it. I'm not turning back now!!!

The Ajax flew forward at the ship, as the beams fired, however... Ryuko didn't try to dodge. Instead the Ajax would flip sideways as it pointed its PPC at the ship's front, while the Ajax was getting its legs damaged.

"Ryuko!" Marlon called. But it was too late. Angrily he slammed a gauntleted fist onto the console. Causing a small dent in the paneling.

And then Gabi lost her cool. Oh gods no. But before he could tell her not to, she launched her entire volley. But thank God they struck true, even if it did leave her without ordinance.

"Rosy! Pull back! Dont go making the same mistake." He barked. He couldn't let this get any worse by sending her head on in.

But what should he do? Marlon had the shot lined up. Is tracking computer was locked on. But Ryuko was up there... his mind flashed back to a battle not too long ago. Where he was almost responsible for shooting her out of the sky in very similar situation.

His finger itched to squeeze the trigger. The enemy was right there! But the risk was there. And was a solid hit to an enemy worth the death of one of his squadmates... no... not it wasn't. They were not expendable.

Marlon released his finger from the trigger. He wasnt going to risk it this time. Getting Ryuko back was higher priority than taking down a retreating drop ship.

"Alan, Neo! Hold your fire until Ryuko is out of radius of error!"

Marlon gritted his teeth. Maybe. Maybe there could still be time to tag it. It was moving fast. There could be a chance... maybe...

Rykon Rykon Psychie Psychie Purr Purr

(Holding fire until Ryuko is out of critical failure zone. The ship may be moving fast enough for it to clear Ryuko in it's own and still be in range, if possible and allowed, Marlon will open fire then.)

"Oh shit!"
Ryuko was not expecting that the drop ship had cannons on the front..... But there was an issue of keeping the ship distracted too.

.... Screw it. I'm not turning back now!!!

The Ajax flew forward at the ship, as the beams fired, however... Ryuko didn't try to dodge. Instead the Ajax would flip sideways as it pointed its PPC at the ship's front, while the Ajax was getting its legs damaged.
Please give me a Parry roll

"Rosy! Pull back! Dont go making the same mistake." He barked. He couldn't let this get any worse by sending her head on in.

Gabriela's Ajax did not move. She had no intention of going in. She pulled herself back in as quickly as she had loosed herself. "Sorry! I lost it, but I'm staying here with you and the team!"

By curling up and bringing your legs into the line of fire, it does save your main body at the cost of sacrificing your legs. One leg takes a whopping 190 MD, blowing it completely off and transferring 65 MD to your main body.

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 You need to make a Pilot Veritech skill roll to maintain control of your Ajax with the damage done.

D. Rex D. Rex Sherwood Sherwood Rykon Rykon Ryuko is over 1,000 feet from the dropship and is clear of your line of fire. Go ahead and make your attack rolls and don't forget the extra +3 you got from taking careful aim last round.

20 - Ryuko -135 MD/left leg destroyed [1]
17 - Gabi -40 MD [1]
12 - Marlon -0/-20/-0 [] taking aim <====
5 - Blue 18 []
4 - Neo -80/-40/-0 []

After seeing Ryuko get hit, Deunan is righteously pissed off, both at her and the dropship. She calls out, "She is clear of our line of fire! Everyone, take your shot now, while we still have a chance to do so!" She follows her own order and squeezes off the PPC blast, hoping that it hits the ship.
Total of 90 MD damage if I hit.

On Foot:
Number of Attacks: 6
Strike: +10
Parry: +13 - +17 with Heavy Combat Shield
Dodge: +14
Roll: +6
Perception: +12
Initiative: +1
Damage: +2 from Ps
Critical Strike on a natural 18-20

In the Hover Tank:
Number of Attacks: 9 - +1 attack per melee round at levels 1, 3, 6, 10, and 14
Strike: +12 with Cannons, +13 to HtH, +14 with EU-11 (+2)
Parry: +17 (+1)
Dodge: +17 (+1)
Roll: +9
Perception: +12
Initiative: +3 (+2)
Critical Strike on a natural 18-20

Hover Tank Armor
Main Body: 475
Left Arm Shield: 500
Right Arm Shield: 500

Users who are viewing this thread

Back