• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Deunan says, "Good job, spotting that. Tricky bastards. Its almost like they don't want us to come visiting. Marlon! Get down there and see if you can render those explosives safe without setting them off. We'll cover you."

D. Rex D. Rex

"I'm on it, Sergeant." Marlon said confidently as he brought his destroid to the edge of the hole.

He would peek over and take a good look at trap. To look for the trigger mechanism, which obviously appeared to be the wire. But also to see if there were any secondary triggers.

As well, one of the more important things was how to go about disarming it. To see what sort of explosives, how many, and how large. And if it would be wiser to disarm them in the destroid or on foot. Though with enough explosives to collapse the cave, being in destroid would certainly be safer... but it also meant that it would be easier to trigger the trap. And if they were zeek sized explosives, being on foot would mean it would be a little more difficult to work with things so large. Also... if this was a main entrance then the zeeks had an easy way of bypassing it. A safe spot, if you will.

He would take the approach his judgement would determine best depending on his observations, and once he lowered himself down safely. He would check around once more before disarming the explosives if everything looked in the clear.

Demolitions: 98%
Demolitions Disposal: 98%
Trap/Mine Detection: 76%
(Let me know if you'd like me to make any additional rolls!)

Carefully examining the explosives, you can see that this is a interconnected ring of heavy warheads that are rigged to go off when a mecha sized object trips the trigger. This would most certainly bring the entire tunnel down and probably shatter the mecha inside the overlapping blast radius of the warheads. Very nasty. But, you are confident that with a bit of finesse, you can successfully disarm it and make it safe to enter the passage.

Rolling up your sleeves, you set to working on the first of the charges. There is no problem in defusing it, and now you can safely tap dance on it with a Monster and not set it off. The tunnel is now clear for the team to proceed.

Slow and steady, dont rush and dont panic. Thankfully this was nothing too complicated, jury rigged warheads. Just had to unrig and then disarm.

When all was said and done, Marlon took his gunpod in hand once more, and got out of the way. "It is safe to come down." He announced. Holding the EU-11 at the ready to cover.

Ryuko would nod, before yelling.

"Ryuko Narukami, Crimson Ajax, Here I Go!"
Kicking it into high gear, the red colored Ajax would jump down into the hole, its pilot eager for getting into combat.

Alan filed in behind Ryuko, cutting on his lights to illuminate anything else that could be hidden in the tunnels.

Deunan calls out, "Easy does it! The Spartas' have more armor than your Ajax; let us take point, and you can fire over our heads, since the Ajax is taller than the hover tank. Marlon, you and me up front, and Ryuko right behind us. Go with the infrared lights so we don't give our position away. Nice and slow, and look for more tripwires or sensors. Move out!"

"Yes Sergeant." Marlon affirmed. Bringing his Spartas up beside Duenan's. He switched off his lights and pulled up the infrared display.

Marlon moved along with Duenan, keeping an eye out for more traps, as well as any cameras or sensors.

"Roger boss." Alan said over the squad band. "Given that visibility is so low even with these, can we take it extra slow?" He added, already following at a slow pace to scan the paths they tread down for additional surprises.

The tunnel is wide enough for two mecha to walk side by side with room to spare, thanks to the scale of the Zentraedi mecha compared to the much smaller ones of the ASC. Moving at a shallow down angle, you estimate that you are now eight hundred feet down and positioned almost directly underneath the ruins of the destroyer above you. From up ahead, you can now see the faint glow of electric lights, showing that there is a source of power being supplied down here.

Your external microphones can hear the sounds of machinery running, along with a multitude of voices speaking in Zentraedi. At this range, though, you cannot make out what the voices are saying. It sounds like it is coming from about three hundred feet up ahead.

What do you do?

"Rosy, do you think you can get good audio from a drone without alerting them?" Alan asked over the squad band.

Gabi winked at Alan. "You damn right I can, muchacho ("boy" meant in a good way between friends. Just like how chica is used for "girl"). I ain't called the Chrome Shaman for nothin'." Of course, Gabriela knew that to talk tough was one thing; it was better still to provide. So she decided it was time again to "put up or shut up." With an eager grin, Gabriela slipped on her Virtual Reality helmet and took a few deep breaths. It was one thing to grow up as a drone racer and quite another to be Special Forces Recon Patrol, but the genius-level intellect that kept her learning and growing had always loved the challenge of merging those two very different skill-sets into one practical, useful method.

She whispered. "Spirit is high."

As with every flight, Gabi began recording the session from start to finish. Linking the entire team to the drone's audio and video, Gabi sent the Dragonfly in and through her VR racing helmet she saw what Dragonfly saw, switching optical enhancements as necessary. She cranked up the gain on Dragonfly's microphone and used every shadow and bit of concealment she could find. When she heard voices in Zentraedi, she quickly processed their meanings while smoothly translating to everyone on the squadron channel what they were saying, word-for-word. No embellishments. All the while she looked for the speakers and anything out of the ordinary - including possible spots to deploy the D-40 Limpet Mine kept on the Dragonfly, if necessary.

The drone flies forward nearly silently towards the light, and soon the team can see a large chamber, that is a rough circle five hundred feet across with a ceiling just under one hundred feet high. There are two other openings out of the room, each one the same size as the one you are in now. In the room there are dozens of different Zentraedi mecha in various states of disrepair, some looking better than others, with only a handful of mecha that look in any way to be in good shape. Along with the mecha you spot stacks of ordnance; missiles of different types and autocannon ammo scattered in haphazard piles around the room.

As far as personnel in there, you see fifteen full sized Zentraedi; eight males and seven females. They are in lightweight jumpsuits, and are currently working to prep some mecha for operation by loading missiles into launch tubes on four Female Powered Armor suits and grenades into the magazine of five Male Powered Armor suits. As they work, the microphone can hear them talking.

"Hurry up with those missiles. We need the High Lord's mecha ready to fly before the micronians get here."
"Don't you think I know that? If we move any faster, we run the risk of making mistakes, and we can't afford that. Especially if the humans are on their way."
"Of course they are! What else happened to our sentries? They didn't just blow themselves up!"
"Less talking, and more working!"

With Rosy translating the dialogue between panicked laborers Alan looked to Marlon and Deunan. "Oh good, we're just in time. Ready to clear the floor anytime boss. Might I suggest painting these mecha in plasma? Perhaps we'll be able to detonate their payloads before they're secured."

Deunan nods. "We hit them now, while they are vulnerable. Take out the pilots, and disable the mecha. Neo, call up to the Captain that we are engaging the enemy. Gabi, get your done back here, and as soon as it is secure, we move. Time to test out these new weapon upgrades in live combat."
Total Initiative bonus is +13

On Foot:
Number of Attacks: 6
Strike: +10
Parry: +13 - +17 with Heavy Combat Shield
Dodge: +14
Roll: +6
Perception: +12
Initiative: +1
Damage: +2 from Ps

In the Hover Tank:
Number of Attacks: 8 - +1 attack per melee round at levels 1, 3, 6, 10, and 14
Strike: +12 with Cannons, +13 to HtH, +14 with EU-11 (+2)
Parry: +17 (+1)
Dodge: +17 (+1)
Roll: +9
Perception: +12
Initiative: +3 (+2)

Last edited:
"Ma'am?" Gabriela said, "may I make a recommendation? My big drone is armed with a cobalt mine. If I set it for 90 seconds behind the shoulder of one of those open female power armor units, the resulting explosion might take out the power armor along with the pilot and provide us a valuable distraction. 90 seconds is just enough time for me to get my drone back and be ready for action. What do you say?"

Psychie Psychie If possible, and if approved by Deunan, I would like Dragonfly to attach its mine against a power armor in mid-loading on the far side of the room so that when the mine goes off the Zentraedi will turn towards it and have their backs towards us when we enter and open fire on them.

Is this allowable?

If it isn't, how about one of those "haphazard" piles of ammunition? I'm looking for Gabi to take out at least one of the female power armor units, but barring that, she'll go for whatever does the most damage to the enemy. =)

"Do it. The explosion might make a good distraction, and signal us to go in guns blazing! Good thinking, Gabi!" Deunan gives her a thumbs-up in the video screen.

Rolling...
MDC:
Main Body: 475
Right Shield: 500
Left Shield: 500

Payload:
APFSDS - 25 - 3d6x10 - Spent: 0
MPAT - 10 - 2d6x10 - Spent: 0
Plasma - 10 - 2d8x10: Spent: 0
Smoke: 3 - Spent: 0

In the Spartas:
Number of Attacks: 8 (6Base +2MECT)
Strike: +9 with Cannons, +10 to HtH, +11 with EU-11 (+2 Ranged, +3 HtH, +2Eu-11 Stacked with Ranged)
Parry: +14 (MECT +4)
Dodge: +12 (MECT +3)
Roll: +9 (MECT+3)
Perception: +8
Initiative: +3

On Foot:
Number of Attacks: 6
Strike: +7 (+5PP +2Martial Arts)
Parry: +10 (+5PP +2Boxing +3Martial Arts)
Dodge: +9 (+5PP +1Boxing +3Martial Arts)
Roll: +6 (+3HTH +1Boxing +2Gymnastics)
Perception: +9 (+8IQ +1Demolitions)
Initiative: +1
Damage: +12 (+12PS)
Horror Save: +3 (+3OCC)

Gabriela retrieved Dragonfly and rearmed it with another cobalt mine. Weeks ago, she had her doubts on whether or not her unorthodox tactics would be welcomed in a group of tankers. Now she was being praised for her way of thinking and that recognition and acceptance felt very good to her.

Gabi allowed herself a prideful grin while she prepared herself for giant-sized amounts of loud and exciting combat!

I have no idea what I rolled for Initiative because I'm not the one rolling it! Hee hee... =)

"30 seconds to detonation, amigos ("friends!")!"

Ryuko would contact her squadmates, getting a 'fun' idea inside her head.

"Guys, with all those explosives scattered about, perhaps I could blow those up to scatter the enemy. While they're confused, you guys can take down whatever is left not currently burning and screaming."

The seconds tick by, seeming to take forever. Then suddenly, BOOM! The Cobalt mine blows, and starts to cook off several of the mini missiles on the Female Powered Armor suit that Gabi planted it on. Flames and smoke fill the air, and the Zentraedi in immediate vicinity all begin to dive for cover as the warheads begin to blow up.

Current Order of Initiative for the Surprise Round

D. Rex D. Rex is up

27 - Marlon <====
24 - Ryuko
21 - Female Soldiers 1-7
18 - Alan
15 - Gabi
13 - Deunan
12 - Male Soldiers 1-8
11 - Neo

Psychie Psychie What is the state of the power armors after the chain explosion, specifically the one that belonged to the High Lord. And does any of soldiers seem of higher rank?

Psychie Psychie What is the state of the power armors after the chain explosion, specifically the one that belonged to the High Lord. And does any of soldiers seem of higher rank?
The one armor that the explosions are taking place on is getting really tore up, but it is not destroyed yet, but it won't be functional for long. As far as the rank of the Zentraedi, you know that the women are usually officers, but to get more specific, you'll need to give me a Military Etiquette roll to identify their rank insignia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back