• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
D. Rex D. Rex Please give me a Perception roll, and Sherwood Sherwood , go ahead and give me your Computer Hacking roll

Down in the bar, Gabi is chatting with the bartender. He is a friendly chap, and since there is only two other people at the bar, he is able to devote a bit of time to the conversation. He tells Gabi that he does remember a woman matching her description at the bar a couple of days ago. "She was really tying one on, if you know what I mean. I haven't seen someone pack away the drinks like her in a long time. It was like she was going for comatose in record time. I'm still surprised that she was able to stagger her way to the elevators to go to her room. Haven't seen her since."

While Marlon makes his examination of the door, Deunan will be busy trying her luck at getting the lock to cooperate with them and open when she tells it to.

As Deunan works her magic on the lock, Marlon does not spot any signs of a trap or explosive device attached to the door. But, as you are looking about with your probe camera, you do see what looks like a figure lying in one of the beds of the room. There is a wisp of green hair visible, but there is no movement that you can see from the hallway.

"Doors clear. Possible eyes on target. Green haired figure in bed, condition not known."

Marlon moves the camera around a little, if he cant get a better look at her, he would see if there was anything or anyone else in the room. Luggage, weapons, clothes, etc.

Looking under the door, Marlon does see a few scattered clothes on the floor, but no signs of anyone else in the room, and no luggage or weapons.

Deunan looks at Marlon and says, "I'm ready to make entry to the room. You all set?"

"For someone who was so keen smarting us to death, she didnt seem to have a bug out kit to run away with..." he said warily. "Ready as we can be." He said, withdrawing the camera and drawing his LP-3, "I'm on you, Sergeant. "

"Copy that. Everyone, we are going in. Stand by." Deunan sets down her computer, draws the stun baton and holds it ready in her hand. "On three. One, two, three!" With that, she pushes the door open and steps to the left to clear the way for Marlon to move in behind her.

Charging into the room, there is no sudden explosion, so that is good news. Deunan can see the figure in the bed, with the clothes scattered about on the floor. There is no reaction from the figure to the two of you making your entrance.

Marlon falls in behind Duenan stepping inside. Making sure to check the the corners. And taking another look around to clear the room visually in case of any surprises, before training the gun on the bed of the figure.

He still had his baton in its holster, and it was at the ready if he needed to draw it.

Moving carefully and watching her step, Deunan advances on the bed. Using the baton, she pulls any covers back to try and get a better look at the person in the bed. "First Sergeant Antonia? Is that you?"

Pulling the sheets back, you can see that the person in bed is Antonia. She is lying face down, wearing only her underwear, her eyes closed. She is either passed out or dead.

Marlon doesn't see any signs of traps at this point. The room looks clear.

Reaching forward, Deunan will check for a pulse at the neck.

It is quickly clear that there is no pulse, and her body is cold to the touch. She is dead, and it looks like she has been for at least a day, perhaps longer.

"Damn." Deunan leans back and looks around the room again. "She's gone, and with that, any hope of getting answers from her. Touch nothing, this is now a crime scene until we know different. Time to get a full autopsy on her. Neo? Call this in to the local authorities, and to Anton-17. The GMP will want to get in on this investigation."

Marlon frowned and lowered his gun."Just great." He muttered, backing out of the room carefully.

"Well, things seem to have taken a turn. Maybe I'm just jumping the gun, but it would be murder or suicide. But ya know, given how carefully she tried to hide her tracks on base, I'm going to wager that she was expecting to keep on living."

"Hey Sergeant. Maybe we should check at the front desk. Check the video recordings and maybe ask around to see if she was seen with anyone else. Maybe we can find some leads to cross check with the info dump you have brewing at home." He suggested.

Gabi continued to cooly keep an eye on the bar and Ryuko at the front desk. She asked the bartender if there were any places in town that honestly needed a helping hand, but so far, he had already proved deserving of the 50 credits she had decided to give him after their conversation.

"Copy that. Everyone, we are going in. Stand by."

Hearing this, Gabi quickly finished her drink, thanked the bartender, and disengaged herself from the bar. She casually headed toward the elevators leading to Room 315. As she did, she tried to pass Ryuko and, if she were able to briefly draw the woman's attention, Gabi pointedly looked above her as if to say, "I'm going up. It's important." Once at the elevator, she held it open for an extra moment in the hopes she heard Ryuko coming to join her. Whether her fellow Tac Corp soldier did or not, Gabi went up to reunite with Conway and the others, all the while keeping her ear to her radio.

She hadn't heard anything since they went in. Something, God knew what, had taken place.

Alan looks at the body, angry that their lead for fishing out accomplices was just cut. There were other means but it would take time to implement. He certainly expected resistance from leadership to implement what was necessary to resolve the issue.

Over the radio Alan chimes in to clue in the remaining squad members. "Our mark is deceased, stay alert and prepare to regroup for extraction. We're going to search the room then move out." Given the corpse was a suspect in military sabotage, he wasn't letting it out of his sight, certainly not to civilians. Even military surgeons could be accomplices, no one was to be trusted until the Malcontent disease was cleansed from their ranks. Attempts to separate the body from oversight of the Third Heavy would be met with decisive force.

Over the course of the next several minutes, the room is locked down by the team, and Neo calls in the death of the First Sergeant to Anton-17 and to Brazilia Base. She calls up on the radio, "Sergeant? The GMP office in Brazilia Base is the closest one, and they are scrambling a forensics team to take charge of both the body and the room. They will be here in three hours, and they want us to keep control of both until they get here. They were quite specific in the fact that they do not want the local cops to get their mitts on this case."

In the meantime, as you wait, the team begins to examine the room in more detail. There are no signs of a struggle in the room, and on your initial exam of the body shows no signs of external trauma. It is clear that blood work and a autopsy will be needed to come up with a cause of death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back