• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ryuko would nod after seeing the surveillance footage, then give Gabi a friendly peck on the cheek. She then got out of the Vehicle before waving.

"Time for me to shine, wish me luck!"

She would proceed to the main entrance, smiling as she went to the reception. Looking at whoever was currently working there, she would look that person with her cute smile, before asking, "Excuse me, did you by chance see a woman by the name of Antonnia here as of late? She and I were supposed to meet up but I am kind of lost." She closed her eyes, while maintaining her smile.

Gabi smiled in a friendly fashion at the peck. "Good luck, chica! Do it to it!"

It was time to disable Sgt. Antonia's ride. Gabi swapped drones and sent the Dragonfly armed with the Noisemaker hidden on a rooftop or similar spot away from the hotel's parking lot. While Ryuko made her move, Gabi walked casually through the parking lot. If there were no eyes on her (maybe thanks to Ravishing Ryuko just being nearby), she dropped down and disabled the hovercycle by way of electrical means (taking its version of a spark plug or something simple-yet-debilitating). If instead there were eyes on her, Gabi activated the Noisemaker to draw attention and then disabled the bike.

She would proceed to the main entrance, smiling as she went to the reception. Looking at whoever was currently working there, she would look that person with her cute smile, before asking, "Excuse me, did you by chance see a woman by the name of Antonnia here as of late? She and I were supposed to meet up but I am kind of lost." She closed her eyes, while maintaining her smile.
The man behind the counter looks at Ryuko with a wide-eyed stare, and for a moment, you think he is drooling on himself just a little bit. He shakes his head and takes a deep breath, obviously trying to compose himself. "Ah, yes, Senorita, it is a good thing for you to come see me. I can assist you quite well. I do recall a woman by that name staying here with us. She is one of the Zentraedi from the nearby military base; a lovely woman, but she does not hold a candle to you."

With the sound of rapid keystrokes, the man checks his computer. "I am not supposed to share the room number of our guests, but I can call up to her room for you if you would like."

It was time to disable Sgt. Antonia's ride. Gabi swapped drones and sent the Dragonfly armed with the Noisemaker hidden on a rooftop or similar spot away from the hotel's parking lot. While Ryuko made her move, Gabi walked casually through the parking lot. If there were no eyes on her (maybe thanks to Ravishing Ryuko just being nearby), she dropped down and disabled the hovercycle by way of electrical means (taking its version of a spark plug or something simple-yet-debilitating). If instead there were eyes on her, Gabi activated the Noisemaker to draw attention and then disabled the bike.
With Gabi's technical skill, you know just how to easily and quickly sabotage the engine on the hover cycle to render it an immobile piece of hardware. A quick look around shows you that the coast is clear, giving you the needed few seconds to do your work unobserved. Until the battery leads are reconnected, the cycle won't work at all.

What is the rest of the squad doing during this time?

Alan looks over to Deunan in the car, making sure he is audible over the squad's radio, assuming it won't give away Ryuko or Gabriella. "Boss, think you could hack a hotel's guest registry? She's clearly not expecting us if it's this easy. Last thing we wanna do is tip her off early."

Deunan checks her computer. "Lets see if the hotel has Wi-Fi that I can access."

"Maybe we should spread out and get the exits covered." Marlon suggested. "If she gets spooked she might try going out the sides or back."

The man behind the counter looks at Ryuko with a wide-eyed stare, and for a moment, you think he is drooling on himself just a little bit. He shakes his head and takes a deep breath, obviously trying to compose himself. "Ah, yes, Senorita, it is a good thing for you to come see me. I can assist you quite well. I do recall a woman by that name staying here with us. She is one of the Zentraedi from the nearby military base; a lovely woman, but she does not hold a candle to you."

With the sound of rapid keystrokes, the man checks his computer. "I am not supposed to share the room number of our guests, but I can call up to her room for you if you would like."

Ryuko smiled, before replying, "I would like that."

Ryuko smiled, before replying, "I would like that."
The man nods, then picks up a phone next to him and taps the keypad. After a long moment, he says to Ryuko, "I am not getting an answer. She may be out of her room at the moment." He places the phone back in its cradle with a sad smile. "I am sorry I could not be of more help to you."

Outside, Deunan does find that there is Wi-Fi in the hotel that you are able to tap into. It takes you a minute, but soon enough you are able to get into the hotel computer records and see that Antonia is currently registered to room 315, and has her reservation paid up through the end of the week. What do you do now?

With the hack that I did, can I tell what side of the building that room is on? I'd like to have Gabi's drone take a peek in the window if possible.

The man nods, then picks up a phone next to him and taps the keypad. After a long moment, he says to Ryuko, "I am not getting an answer. She may be out of her room at the moment." He places the phone back in its cradle with a sad smile. "I am sorry I could not be of more help to you."

"It's alright. If possible may I get a room for the night that is next door to her's if possible? I really would like to meet up with her again, but I've been busy lately with my associates."

(If I can make a persuasion roll, can I get it now?)

Nodding to herself, Deunan says over the squad radio, "I'm in the computer, and it shows that Antonia is registered to room 315. Gabi? Can you have one of your drones fly up and see if it is possible to see in the window? Might give us some important information, to see if she is even in the room."

The man at the desk looks at Ryuko for a moment, then says, "Well, it does appear to be that the room right next to hers is available. I see no reason why I can't go ahead and book you for that room. I will just need your Id and your credit card. How many nights would you like to stay?"

The man at the desk looks at Ryuko for a moment, then says, "Well, it does appear to be that the room right next to hers is available. I see no reason why I can't go ahead and book you for that room. I will just need your Id and your credit card. How many nights would you like to stay?"

Ryuko smiled with both hands behind her back, as she would think in her mind:
Wow, to think that would work! Now that is settled....

She took a wallet out from one of her dress pockets, which was near Invisible due to the outfit's design, before taking her ID and credit card out.

The one noticable thing about her ID card was her hair, which didn't have the short pigtails like she does now.

"If possible, I'd like to spend just the next couple of days here, unless something comes up."

"Of course, Senorita. Two nights it is." He begins to type rapidly once more, and as he does so, he tells you about the many features of the hotel that are available for guests. Overall, it sounds like a very nice place to stay. Once he is done, he hands you your cards back along with a electronic key for the room. "Here you go. You are in room 314. The elevators are just to your left. Is there anything else I can do for you?"

Gabi put her tablet away and casually walked inside the lobby; just a stroll through the building to very discreetly check on Ryuko (does Gabi see any signs of their transaction?). She tried to make sure Ryuko did not see her.

Once outside and alone again, she calmly pulls out her tablet and sends Hummingbird up to the top to listen in at the edge of the window to Room 315.

Over the squad radio, she quietly replied to her hidden mic. "Three One, this is Three Six. Window is draped off. Hummingbird is listening." Then she adds Ryuko's status as best she can for Deunan.

Walking through the lobby, Gabi has no trouble seeing the distinctive red dress that Ryuko is wearing as she is standing at the front desk. There are a few people in the lobby, but no one is paying you any attention.

With your drone in position outside the window on the ledge, the audio pickup can hear what sounds to you like a Spanish speaking program on the tv. It is not overly loud, and if the drone was not right where it is, you'd not be able to hear it. There is no other sounds in the room.

Gabi relayed this information directly to Deunan and withdrew Hummingbird unless ordered to check something else out.

Deunan listens to the report from Gabi, then says, "Excellent work with the drone. Time for us to get a closer look at this room. Gabi, Ryuko, go ahead and make your way up to the room that Ryuko just booked. Get me some eyes on the door to room 315, and tell me what kind of lock there is to the door. If it is an electronic lock, I may be able to convince it to open for us without breaking down the door."

"The locks are electronic." Gabi described the locks and keys used to Deunan.

Deunan listens carefully to the description of the keys and locks, and says, "I can bypass that system, but we need to be careful about potential boobytraps. I really don't want to blow up the hotel if we can avoid it. Lets make our way up to the room that Ryuko has booked, then we can prepare to make our entry. Marlon, while I work on the lock, use your toolkit to peek up under the door and see if you can spot any tripwires or explosives rigged to the door."

Last edited:
Marlon grabbed the tools from the truck[if any were present, since I didnt mention bringing any]. "Well, tripwire arent the only means. There are switches, springs, and lasers and all that fun stuff." He mused. All of varying degrees of complexity. Even the chip reader could be made into a trigger. Plus traps worked best for doors around the mid to upper section. Best to take off a head with. "I'll see what I can do." He said.

Carefully and quietly he made his way to the door. And would start by comparing things like tension, and signs of tampering. He would then get to work quietly and see what he could find with what tools he had. And if she opened the door while he was working. Well, all the better.

Trap/Mine detection 76%

Gabi entered the bar and took a look around. There was a chance, however small, that Sergeant Antonia was lurking around here somewhere.

Gabi approached the bar and ordered a Jack and Coke off the rocks. Discreetly, she made small talk with the bartender and if the bartender appeared to be the watchful type, she queried as to if or when Sergeant Antonia had been here last, describing the micronized Meltrandi and quietly pointing to the military hovercycle parked outside instead of using her name. It struck Gabi as odd for the vehicle to be here, but apparently not its owner.

If that conversation went well, she then asked about places around town that could use some "community help." Gabriela was prepared to pay for the drink and tip based on the usefulness of information procured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back