• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Alan will reflexive shift to Guardian mode and fire a plasma round from the Spartas' main cannon at the crewman to the right, hopefully engulfing the two not struck into flames.
MDC:
Main Body: 475 -90
Right Shield: 500
Left Shield: 500

Payload:
APFSDS: 20
Plasma: 5
MPAT: 10 -1
Canister: 5
Smoke: 3

In the Spartas (See MECT Bonuses):
Number of Attacks: 6
Strike: +7 with Cannons, +8 to HtH, +9 with EU-11 (+2 Command)
Parry: +10 (+1 Command)
Dodge: +9 (+1 Command)
Roll: +6
Perception: +8
Initiative: +2 (+1 Command)

At least it looks like Alan hit something! Max damage, too!

A brief scream can be heard from the two Zentraedi that got caught in the blast before the flames literally cook them to death. It is a good thing you are in sealed suits, or else you'd be stuck smelling the stench of burning flesh.

Lets see what D. Rex D. Rex does now.

"Great shot, Alan!" Marlon called out. Like Deunan, Marlon remained in battleoid mode. He kept his eyes behind them, making sure they weren't being followed or flanked. "It doesn't look like the fire suppression system is working." He said. It had probably gotten used up in the crash landing. "A few more of those rounds like that and the fire may as well do our job for us."

"Though maybe we should confirm if the scientists are here or not before we set the ship truly a blaze. Could probably get one of the crew to talk to find out quick. With a bit of 'assertive coercion'."

There are still two Zentraedi guards there, staring at the burning remains in horror. Do you plan on taking them out, or do you wish to delay for Neo to act?
D. Rex D. Rex

Neo skids to a stop as she braces her Spartas to fire the main gun. With a squeeze of the trigger, the main gun roars, firing an MPAT shell that detonates in between the remaining two Zentraedi soldiers. The weapon shreds the two with a spray of shrapnel, causing them both to drop.

The alarm continues to blare as the fire rages on behind you. More explosions can be felt through your mecha's feet as overheated missiles blow up, driving the flaming rubble deeper into the heart of the ship.

Now with the corridor clear of challengers in front of you, everyone can once more start out towards the engine room. Just as you start out, you can see a massive bulkhead door sliding shut just down the hall from your current position. If you had taken any longer in getting moving, you would have been trapped in this section of the ship! Probably it is just a method for fire control, meant to isolate the damaged section and keep the flames from spreading. Probably.

Roughly a thousand feet down the corridor, you do come to a sealed security door. Written in Zentraedi across the door is the word "Engineering". If you start to shoot at the door, it will certainly alert anyone on the other side of the door. What do you do?

Alan chimes in on the radio, "I don't suppose we can crack the door's lock open in a timely manner could we?"

Alissa keeps overwatch on the rear. "Do we have any charges we can blast the door open with?" she asks over the comm.

You can try, but you will be at a slight minus since you will be doing it with your hover tank's hands.

"I have some explosives for that. I can rig them to get it open. But it would still be an invasive entry." Marlon stated.

Alissa wipes sweat from her brow and swallows hard. "I'm just worried we're running on borrowed time at this point. If we can hack it, let's do it quick."

Deunan frowns. "I might be able to get the lock open, but I'll be vulnerable from behind while I'm working. If I can, we'll be able to access the room beyond without sounding any more alarms." She shifts her tank up to the door and raises her mecha's hands up to the lock.

The hands of the Spartas pull open the panel and begin to work on the wiring. It will take a little bit of time, but you are making good progress. Give me another roll, please.

Keeping her focus on the lock, Deunan keeps working.

You are making excellent progress. Finally, the last wire is crossed, and the door slides open. Inside, you see the Fold Space engine, a huge sphere several hundred feet across, taking up several decks. There are several technicians working in here, apparently trying to repair damaged consoles. Everyone, give me a Perception roll, please.

Perception roll.
On Foot:
Number of Attacks: 5
Strike: +7
Parry: +9 - +12 with Heavy Combat Shield
Dodge: +10
Roll: +6
Perception: +12
Initiative:
Damage: +2 from Ps

In the Hover Tank:
Number of Attacks: 6 - +1 attack per melee round at levels 1, 3, 6, 10, and 14
Strike: +9 with Cannons, +10 to HtH, +11 with EU-11 (+2)
Parry: +13 (+1)
Dodge: +13 (+1)
Roll: +9
Perception: +12
Initiative: +2 (+2)

APFSDS: 30 / 29
Plasma: 5 / 4
MPAT: 10 / 9
Smoke: 3

Left Shield: 500
Right Shield: 500
Main Body: 475

As you all look down into the chamber, not only do you see about ten full sized Zentraedi, there is at least a two dozen either micronized Zentraedi or humans working on the various pieces of equipment. Zooming in to get a better look, you can see that four of these human sized people are obviously supervising the work, giving directions to the other workers. What is the most shocking part of this is that you can recognize that they are four of the kidnapped scientists that were snatched by the Zentraedi. It seems that the four here are even giving directions to the full sized Zentraedi here, and you also recognize that they are using human tech to repair and upgrade the damaged systems here in the engine room!

What do you do now?

Deunan zooms her camera in, recording everything that she can. "Shit. It looks like our missing techs are not only alive and well, but are actively aiding the Zentraedi as they try to fix this crate up to get it working better. Can't say that I'm liking this at all." Still filming, she muses, "If we hit that sphere with some plasma rounds, spread some of the fire around the room, we can then cut the power to the guns and get the hell out of here and call in the position of the ship for artillery and air strikes to finish it off."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back