• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
As the group waits, the Invid patrol comes within 800 feet of your position, but no closer. They continue on their path, keeping to the speed of fifty miles per hour as they go. It seems that you have lucked out on this one and were not discovered, and the same goes for the trio in the hover car.

Once the Invid patrol has flown off, Neo starts the car back up and hits the road on her way with Cooper and O'Brien to join you in getting the mecha moved. They pull up and stop, and as they climb out, the three are looking up at the ruined transport. Neo comments, "Damn. This T'kar guy is lucky to have survived that crash at all. I'm surprised that anyone made it out alive with as busted up as that ship is. Hey Cap? Where do you need us? Its late, and I need my beauty sleep!"

Cooper gives off a chuckle. "No amount of 'beauty sleep' will fix that ugly mug, Neo! You are a wreck! Ha ha ha!"

Neo slugs the other woman in the shoulder and gives her a glare.

O'Brien gives a good laugh at the two women, then says, "Lets do this. I feel very exposed out here without my Valkyrie around me."

Sherwood Sherwood Purr Purr Rykon Rykon D. Rex D. Rex

Neo comments, "Damn. This T'kar guy is lucky to have survived that crash at all. I'm surprised that anyone made it out alive with as busted up as that ship is. Hey Cap? Where do you need us? Its late, and I need my beauty sleep!"

"Beauty sleep?" T'kar growls inquisitively from inside Mister Freedom, the Bioroid Interceptor from beyond the stars. "Hey! Where can a guy like me get some of that? Is that a human thing?" Prime Mover T'kar of Karbarra unsheathed himself out from the top hatch of Mister Freedom. There, standing in the fresh air, he tries to get a good look at this other batch of Conway's team with his own two ursine eyes.

"Heck yeah, I survived the crash of the Horizon sent down by the Bunker Hill and for two good reasons! Firstly, I'm a Marine! Secondly, I'm a Karbarran Marine! You see those gravestones over there?" He points directly to the freshly-dug, sharp-looking graves that once held the dreams, visions, and desires of human beings - each of the bodies just 24 hours ago had been somebody - and now they were dead. "Those are some of my Marines! And you can bet your last wink of beauty sleep that I am here to get some for each and every one of them because that's what they would do for me! Right, Honey?"

"Yeeesss!" Honey nods with lifelike vigor.

"So yeah! You're more of Conway's people and Mister Mateo's friends, right? Nice to meet you! When you're ready, and with Captain Conway's permission, I'll go over everything you need to know on how to really pilot a UEEF Destroid without killing any of us in the process. Captain?" he turns to Deunan. "Thanks for taking my advice to lay low with those Invid. Honey and I are ready for your order, ma'am!" With that, the professional-looking bear-man takes the time to listen to any replies they have. He makes sure not to stay out of Mister Freedom too long lest he tempt some sniper somewhere (but that was more from training than any expectation). Then with one long salute to the fallen, he returns inside the cockpit of the black Bioroid Interceptor. Hands at the familiar controls, T'kar feels ready for anything.

Deunan lets out a deep breath with a woosh, not quite realizing that she was holding it the entire time the Invid were flying by. "Damn. That was tense. Good job keeping your cool, everyone. Now, lets get the rest of these bad boys put away before they are discovered. Neo, Cooper, O'Brien, good to have you guys here with us. Guys, this is T'kar. T'kar, this is the rest of the members of the Third Heavy Recon." She stands back and lets them greet one another, getting the surprise at T'kar's appearance out of the way.

"Now, lets get the rest of these tin cans out of here and hidden away. But I do have a question for you, T'kar. Motorcycles? Really? Pardon my ignorance when I ask what is so special about them?"

"Now, lets get the rest of these tin cans out of here and hidden away. But I do have a question for you, T'kar. Motorcycles? Really? Pardon my ignorance when I ask what is so special about them?"

Conway's innocent question brings out both the UEEF engineer and Marine in the bear. His mock-tirade begins. T'kar gasps, puts a shocked paw to his chest, then roars in (only semi-serious) outrage. "WHAAAT?! Are you serious?! You, who pilot the smallest, teeniest, little armored tanks in the history of Mega-damage warfare are calling these babies mere 'motorcycles?' By Captain Gloval, we're talking about Cyclooones! Why, go swallow a tank round before you harshly judge my... okay, it's true, I've never piloted one because I'm just too darned big but I can squeeze myself into a Silverback if I haven't eaten too much pie! But hey! The Invid hate these transformable zoomers!

T'kar rubs his paws together. "And you wanna know why? Well! I applaud your curiosity! For one thing, ASC mecha run on protoculture plants while Cyclones run on proto-cells! Guess which one gets the Invid's attention quicker and from farther out, huh? Which is easier to produce, educate folks about, work with, and replace? Plus, guess how many Cyclones you can get for the time and price of a single Veritech, huh? Just think of all the soldiers you put into play when you go Cyclone! Now think of all the valiant soldiers (like us Marines) you leave out when you don't!"

"Plus, they're portable! How many of your Army Spartases can you airlift onto and deploy from a big aircraft? Oh, and let's not talk about training time! BAAARRRF! While we proud mecha pilots take months, even years, to finally get a decent handle on Veritechs, UEEF Cyclones can be comparatively picked up as easy as pie! Throw in the Cyclone's speed, firepower, versatility, communication possibilities, ability to hide, and combat functionality, and in the proper hands, I bet a squad of these babies will even give your tanks a run for their money!"

Then the scientist in T'kar came forward as he held his chin in his paw in a gesture of deep thinking. "Do all ASC think so lowly about their UEEF spacefaring brethren? Boyyy," T'kar has Mister Freedom kick a rock in mock-frustration. "I'm sure glad I came all the way from Karbarra to Earth and cleared this up! 'Motorcyles. Really?' Nobody's gonna talk bad about UEEF gear while this Karbarran's around, lemme tell ya! I was just starting to like you guys, too!"

The tone in T'kar's voice is enough that anyone with any military background can grasp that he's being far more silly than serious while simultaneously sharing important knowledge with the crew.

Last edited:
Deunan can't help but to chuckle at the tone and words of the large alien. He is certainly going to make our lives more colorful, that's for sure! "Forgive my ignorance in calling these Cyclones mere motorcycles. When we are not in immediate threat from the Invid, and have all had a chance to get some rest after this long night, I would love to get a crash course in how to operate them. Get it? A 'crash course' on a motorcycle-mecha? HA! I kill myself!"

She takes a deep drink from her canteen, then says, "Alright people. Time keeps on ticking into the future, and all we are doing is standing around flapping our jaws. Lets get these Cyclones hidden away, then we can all take a break for a bit."

Neo lets out a pained groan at the pun, saying, "Cap, please don't. We can't be scaring off T'kar with your bad puns." She fires off a grin to you, to let you know she's being silly - mostly.

With the aid of everyone working together, all of the salvageable parts, mecha and munitions have been successfully moved into the cave. The cave has been enlarged just enough to fit everything through the use of digging into the rock with the large, powerful hands of the Spartans. But it is a tight squeeze, with everything packed in there like sardines.

If someone wants to give me a Camouflage roll to hide the opening of the cave, now would be the time.

Knowing that her lack of skill would just put her in the way of doing a good job in camouflaging the tunnel entrance, Deunan will just let the experts do their thing while she keeps a watch out for more Invid or other threats to the team.

"Wow! We did it in record time!" T'kar rubbed his hands together and smiled at Conway's crew. "You guys and gals really pulled together! And you!" he nodded at Alan," we could've used you back on Karbarra with those skills, let me tell ya!"

This was not the first time that Deunan bemoans the lack of good coffee, and it will surely not be the last. She looks up at the large alien and says, "T'kar? We need to get back to our own bunker to rest up, grab some gear and get ourselves ready to face off against this Santos fellow. Where do you plan on resting your head? You are more than welcome to come with us. There is plenty of room for your own mecha in there if you don't want to leave it behind."

T'kar felt the day's work coming upon him. He yawned, his gaping maw showing rows of big white teeth. He stretched and looked around at their accomplishments. A sense of duty cloaked his very being.

"Ahhh, as much as I love the idea of being around friendlies, especially you guys and gals, Honey and I had better stay put here. I would feel like the rear end of the Regent if I came back here and something was missing because I chose the easy way out instead of the path of the Marine." He patted Mister Freedom's controls fondly. "But you guys have our frequency, so call up when you're ready to take on those, those.... traitors! We'll show 'em what it means to side with the Invid over humanity! Buncha damned would-be despots!"

Several hours pass uneventfully for everyone, letting all of you get some much needed sleep. By the time you wake once more, you are all somewhat better rested and ready to face the trials of the days to come.

Right now, we find the members of the Third Heavy inside the bunker, and T'kar is at the cave where the UEEF mecha has been hidden away. How do you wish to proceed?

Purr Purr Sherwood Sherwood D. Rex D. Rex Rykon Rykon

While munching on some breakfast and tinkering with a small round object, T'kar radios Conway and her team with a jovial tone in his greeting.

"Hey hey and good morning! Lee-yoo-tenant Fattie McFatfat here reporting for duty! You guys sleep well? I gotta say, your night skies got some pretty stars here on Earth!" He says as he munches.

"I'm working on making another Honey here, just the basics. Can't really get another one completed until I've got a workshop, but I can get the process started!"

With his goggles on, he prepares to perform some fine-welding with a blowtorch on what will be the second Honey's frame. "How about if I leave Honey here as guard and take Mister Freedom out and meet'cha? Those blasted traitors aren't gonna to turn themselves in without a little Mega-damage persuasion, ya know what I mean? Heh heh heh."

Deunan is feeling much better after a bit of sleep and a cup of coffee in her hands, then she gets the signal from T'kar. Taking the radio in hand, she says, "I concur with your thinking there, lieutenant! Give us thirty minutes and we'll be on the road in our VHTs to help provide some armor to this conversation. Conway out."

She then calls for the team to gather. "O'Brien and Cooper, you guys get your Valks warmed up and ready to fly if we run into trouble. As for the rest of us, we'll take our Spartas tanks out with our ready packs loaded in them and see what we are dealing with out there."

Alan was beginning to get anxious about how long they'd wait before the next operation. He was eating breakfast when the call to assemble came in.

"Ready to move out anytime. Are we sure we want to take the Veritechs out to take on these traitors though? Could bring a lot of heat down on everyone around if one of those space roaches sniffs us out."

Deunan looks over at Alan and says, "I'd rather have access to the tanks and not need them instead of needing them and not having them. We'll move cautiously, keeping an eye out for any Invid as we go, then we'll meet up with T'kar and go hunting for this Santos fucker and shove a fully charged Eu-11 up his ass. If things go south on us, we have our air support that can be at our location at Mach speed to lay some hurt down."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back