• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Alan unloads a stream of energy from the cannon toward the dropship. He tried to filter out the disruption over the radio. He'd need every last ounce of focus he could muster to get the team through this mission in one piece.

110 MD.

(Strike should be +17. Forgot to add the aim bonus on the label, my bad)

So, having a leg blown off means Ryuko's Ajax can't transform, right? So... after the battle, I guess Gabi will pop to Battloid and help Ryuko stagger around and we'll have to head back to base at about 10 miles an hour through the jungle?

On command. Marlon pulled the trigger. Ryuko was not in good shape, but she was alive. And at the very least... out of the way.

Opening fire!

Strike: Crit fail
Damage: 170

Last edited:
Ryuko has her hands full, trying to keep control of her damaged Ajax. Spinning around like a top, alarms are blaring inside your cockpit as red lights come on, warning you that your transformation systems are critically damaged, and you are not able to transform until it is repaired. Luckily for you, the altitude you were at is high enough up from the ground to allow you enough time to regain control of your mecha before you impact anything below you. Flight speed in your Battloid mode is reduced by 20%, and any tricky flying will require you to make another Piloting Skill roll.

Down on the ground, Deunan, Alan and Neo all manage to hit the stricken dropship as it is accelerating away, punching holes the size of small cars through it, sending it plummeting down to the ground where it explodes upon impact, destroying everything inside it and the building that it plowed into. Fortunately, the building was not inhabited at the time, with all the people in the area having long ago evacuated into the emergency shelters in the area.

Marlon's attack is off target, most likely due to his fear of hitting Ryuko (again), but this time he was able to keep from scoring a hit on his team member.

Looking about, the last two Bioroids that were over your area are now out of sight, and we are moving out of combat time.

Deunan calls out, "Neo! Get on the horn and get some emergency vehicles dispatched to put out that fire! Ryuko! What's your status?"

Shit Shit Shit Shit!

Her mind raced as she was too distracted trying to keep from crashing horribly to chase the remaining bioroids, down.

Her machine landed on the ground, as it was now leaning on an building that was near the wrecked transport ship.

"Ugh...."

She would shake off the aftereffects of crashing, before taking her helmet off. She was definitely feeling sick, but nothing too major.

"*kzzsh* Ryuko *Skkkt* Status?"

"I'll be fine....."

She would drop her helmet before opening the cockpit of her Ajax and seeing the wreckage.

"I'm going to check the wreckage for anything suspicious. If one of you could join up with me,"
She drew her on hand weapon before climbing down.
"I'd appreciate the help."

Alan metaphorically rolled up his sleeves and got to work. Given that he was used to being overlooked or forgotten, he made use of the fact that he wasn't given a direct order. In silence, he headed toward the wreckage and started using his battloid form Spartas to ensure the carnage didn't spread much further than the crash site. Given the rest of the day's events, he'd prefer to keep himself busy than listen to what may very well be unraveling tempers within the next few moments.

[Best skill Alan has that's remotely close to general rescue work is Excavation and Rescue, so I'll just roll that in case it matters.]

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

"You will get your ass back here immediately, Ryuko." Marlon warned dangerously. "You have done enough damage as it is. Consider yourself being extracted."

Sherwood Sherwood

Marlon opened up a personal link to Conway. "Lieutenant, I would like to reccomend getting her off the battlefield entirely ASAP. If we cant afford that, I'll have her sit with me so I can keep an eye on her. Her mecha wont do us much good on its state. And to be frank... i dont trust her in one right now."

"Either way, I'll be dealing with her when we get back."

Deunan nods, then says, "Third Heavy, head over to the crash site of the dropship. There may be something still alive in there. Marlon, go ahead and pick up Ryuko. Neo? Add a call for a mecha recovery team to gather up that damaged Ajax, since it doesn't look like it will be going back to the hangar under its own power."

"Damage? How did I damage anything, Besides my Ajax and the enemy machines? I'm just trying to do my part!"

Getting down from the Ajax, she held her gun up and ready for whatever may come her way that is hostile.

"Right now, we need to see if there are any survivors yes? This shouldn't be too dangerous."

Ryuko was moving onwards, still angered over the fight. They had a mission, they needed to end it ASAP. What was so hard for them to understand? Ryuko was especially angered about not being trusted. She can handle herself if needed.

(Making a search check)

Alan chimes in over the radio. "If you're concerned for survivors then I need everyone else to stay away from this site. Untrained rescuers risk collapsing what pieces have settled on any possible survivors left here. It's a highly delicate operation but this is what I've trained for. I implore you, just let me do my job."

Last edited:
Marlon nodded at Duenan "Yes Ma'am."

With that, Marlon switched the Spartas to transport mode. Speeding to fulfill the order.

He slowed down when he neared the wreckage if the Ajax.

"I wont repeat myself again. If I have to drag you back kicking and screaming then I will. You will hear it later. Now is not the time." He said with cool anger in his voice.

"RIGHT NOW, you will be riding with me. Alan will handle it. You are in deep shit, so I highly suggest you don't dig your grave further. One more act of insubordination and I will knock your ass out cold and shove you in the trunk until we return to base."

Marlon lowered the hover tank to the ground, and got out of his seat to extend a hand to pull Ryuko up.

"You will be riding with for the duration of this combat. Now get up here."

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

Missile Payload:
0/12 Plasma/Napalm short-range missiles - 2d6x10 M.D., 3 mile range, 15 foot radius, 5 M.D.C.
0/3 Fragmentation short-range missiles - 2d4x10 M.D. at a 3 mile range, 20 foot radius. 5 M.D.C.
Electronic Warfare Pod
16 chaff/flare bundles (4/4 in Ajax and 12/12 in EW Pod)

Gabi wished her friends luck as she watched her teammates fire into the dropship and then exclaimed in joy when the alien ship exploded. But then she listened to the radio chatter between Ryuko (who still wouldn't listen and was going off to do her own thing) and Marlon (who wasn't having any more of it to say the least). Ryuko had been doing so good when she was following orders and then she flew off the handle again and now Third Heavy Recon had this to deal with. How was Conway going to explain the heavily-damaged Ajax to command?

Alan and Neo had been quiet but active so Gabi tried to lend a hand where she could. "Yo Alan, I've only suffered a light hit, amigo. Could I help you while staying out of your way, like maybe with my drones or the Ajax in helicopter mode with the ground radar?"

full

Image credit: www.limetown.com.br
STATUS Location: Inside the Zentraedi hideout.
Statblock: VHT-10A Ajax (360/400 M.D.). CBR Mk 2E Armor (105/105 M.D.). Heavy Shield (55/55 M.D.).
Effects Active: Radio jamming? Ajax mode: Helicopter. Dragonfly slot: Cobalt mine.

As everyone moves into position around the crashed dropship, you can hear off in the distance the sound of sirens as firefighters are racing out to put an end to the growing fire.

Neo calls out, "LT, emergency vehicles are on the way, along with a recovery unit for Ryuko's Ajax. Should be here soon."

Along with the firefighters that immediately leap into action, there is a large squad of GMP Battloids and security robots that come pulling up and begin to cordon off the area. The commanding officer of the group comes up, a stern looking woman with Captain's bars on her shoulder, looking for Lt. Conway.

Deunan jumps out of her Spartas and approaches the Captain. "Ma'am? Lt. Deunan Conway of the Third Heavy Recon reporting."

The Captain nods. "Good work here, Lieutenant. When we heard that there was a enemy ship here, we came as fast as we could. I Captain Danvers, GMP Intel Division. We are taking control of this site and will be seizing what we can from the wreckage of the downed ship. We need to learn more about the enemy, and this is one of the few dropships that have been knocked out for us to try and study. Once my people are in position, you are free to return to your hangar."

"Whewww..." Seeing the exchange between CPT Danvers and LT Conway, Gabriela gave a grateful sigh from behind her body armor's helmet. She had been worried that the GMP officer had seen Ryuko's antics and was here to chew Conway for it. Gabi positively deflated in relief to see that the captain had evidently either missed the event or chose to quietly leave it in Conway's able hands.

"Ready to move out, LT."

Deunan nods at the Captain, then says, "Yes, ma'am. I'm happy to turn it over to your team, so I can get my own back to the hangar and get our damaged mecha fixed up. We're just waiting on a recovery unit to pick up one of our Ajax that is barely operational."

Once that exchange is over, she heads back to her own Spartas and waits for the go-ahead from the Captain that the wreckage is now under her control and that the Third Heavy is no longer responsible for it.

It does not take long for the GMP squad to deploy their Battloids and the security robots that they have with them, and they give the Third Heavy the go ahead to take off and get back to the hangar and get some repairs done.

Not long after that, a recovery team shows up to take Ryuko's Ajax back to the hangar, and in no time, the heavy lift truck is rumbling back.

Psychie Psychie

Is Third Heavy expected to give an after action report to anyone, or was that effectively done with the female Captain and we are in recovery time until next orders?

As the squad is returning to their hangar, Deunan is fuming. Ryuko's actions today nearly got her killed! I have not lost a member of my command yet, and I plan on keeping it that way. She uses her radio to call Marlon on a private channel. "Marlon, when we get back to the hangar, I want you to address Ryuko's behavior and her insubordination. If you have any issues with her, come get me. Use me as the bad cop. I don't mind at all."

D. Rex D. Rex

Marlon responded on the same private channel. "I intend to, Duenan. I'm already planning what to do now. But we are in a tricky spot, with the Captain and all. If he learns of what she did, and thinks that we are too lenient. It will reflect very poorly on the squad and he may insist worse off for her. And he hates us enough as is."

"And no, I don't think I'll need you as bad cop. Your a Lieutenant now, it would be unbecoming of you to be yelling your face red on some grunt. Leave it to me, she'll be my shadow for a good long while, and be made to regret it. Though if she proves unresponsive... well... lets hope that doesnt happen. For her sake. Insubordination is not taken lightly. And I'd rather see her punished by my hand, than have to be discharged or court martialed. "

"As it stands, aside from what I will do to her... I'm going to put in request of a demotion and a docking of pay for her. I'll leave them on your desk after after i counsel her. And for the next several months I'll be making her life hell until she understands what discipline is. Any requests for how you would like me to handle her?"

Sherwood Sherwood

Users who are viewing this thread

Back