• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Deunan's attack manages to hit the drone and take it out of the fight, thanks to the power of the particle cannon.

Gabi sees the incoming attack and is able to dodge it, making it look easy.

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 is up with one drone left

17 - Alan -0/-60/-0 [3]
16 - Gabi [3]

16 - O'Brien [4]
13 - Drone 6 [3]
12 - Marlon [delay] <====
10 - Neo [4]
9 - Deunan [3]
8 - Ryuko [2] <====

8 - Cooper [3]
6 - Costas [2]

With the enemy drones falling left and right, there would soon only be one left.

"I got this!"

Her Crimson Ajax would fly towards the enemy drone before revving up its plasma cutter in an attempt to destroy the drone outright.

Ryuko's sword strike hits home hard, cutting deep into the armor of the drone.

Cooper raises up her gun pod and follows that with a burst, doing even more damage, followed by Costas and his Myrmidon. The drone is in real bad shape, but it is still up and active.

Rykon Rykon is up

17 - Alan -0/-60/-0 [3] <====
16 - Gabi [3]

16 - O'Brien [4]
13 - Drone 6 [3] critically damaged
12 - Marlon [delay]
10 - Neo [4]
9 - Deunan [3]
8 - Ryuko [3]

8 - Cooper [4]
6 - Costas [3]

Alan fires on Drone 6 with the EU-11, maintaining Battloid mode.

[Ouch, only 20MD, even if that hits]

When Alan takes aim and fires, the drone is able to nimbly skip out of the way, dodging the attack.

Purr Purr is up next

17 - Alan -0/-60/-0 [4]
16 - Gabi [3] <====

16 - O'Brien [4]
13 - Drone 6 [4] critically damaged
12 - Marlon [delay]
10 - Neo [4]
9 - Deunan [3]
8 - Ryuko [3]

8 - Cooper [4]
6 - Costas [3]

Gabi weaved her Ajax about while tracking the last drone. She tried to lock her twin ion cannon crosshairs and reduce the state of the drone from critically damaged to... nonexistent. =)

"Guns, guns, guns," she said for the flight recorder. She squeezed the trigger and watched the bright energy bolts fly toward their target.

"Adios, pendejo!"

The twin pulse lasers fire out, and despite the drone's efforts to evade the attack, they manage to score a glancing blow against its weakened armor and wreck havoc deep inside the delicate inner workings of the machine.

Moving out of combat time.

Neo lets out a little laugh. "Well, things are starting to get interesting. I wonder what will be coming up next?"

Heading out once more, she leads the team back into the super hot oven of a room, moving carefully past the moving pistons and gears before coming up to a section of the wall at the far end of the chamber. "Shit. According to my map, there should be a door here, but I got nothing but blank wall. We're going to have to try an alternate route. Stand by."

A minute goes by before she calls out, "Ok, lets try this. We'll be cutting through some of the more people friendly sections of the station. Follow me." She sets off at a run through the room, making her way to another exit several hundred meters away. Going through that door reveals another series of corridors and chambers, some of the rooms you go by are filled with thousands of different kinds of Zentraedi and Robotech Master mecha. Other rooms you pass through are packed with hundreds of Zentraedi and Robotech Master clones in suspended animation, ready to be awakened to fill the ranks of a ship being repaired.

You are now many miles inside the Factory when Neo comes to a stop. "The fold engines are just up ahead. If this place's setup is like the other station we know about, the fold engines are inside an armored bunker, making any stray shots less likely to spell total disaster, especially since there are probably drones on guard around the place. Once they are taken out, we can then slip into the operating chamber and Lt. Costas can then do his thing while we stand guard."

The lieutenant nods. "Sounds right to me. It will take me a few minutes to perform my sabotage, and while I'm working, I'm going to have to be out of my mecha and just in my armored suit, making me somewhat vulnerable. Please keep your eyes open for any attackers."

Deunan looks over at Gabi and asks, "Hey, Gabs, you didn't by chance remember to bring along one of your flying drones, did you? I think that getting a bit of a peek on what kind of defenses around the fold engine will help us to plan out our next move."

Purr Purr

Gabriela sounded proud.

"Mi Hummingbird and Dragonfly are always with me on missions, LT. I use them to record what we do. Dragonfly is recording right now. I'll send him out."

Moments later, Chrome Shaman had her Ajax in Battloid mode placed protectively in front of Costas. If he were fired upon and Gabi were piloting Dragonfly, she would not have the option of moving so instead she made herself a barrier between danger and Costas.

"Spirit's up," the Mexican-Meltrandi whispered. Out from the Ajax came Dragonfly, buzzing on its four rotors, its camera eye recording all that it saw. Inside the sealed Ajax cockpit, Gabi wore her 3D drone-piloting helmet. Joystick in hand, she guided Dragonfly toward the shadows and flipped between its different optical options to find what may be guarding the fold engine.

Sending the drone ahead was a good idea. Especially when you can see a large number of combat drones near the hardened structure that houses the fold space engine. Between you an the structure is a wide open space measuring a distance of 1,500 feet with a ceiling height of 500 feet. In this open space are 12 of the light combat drones buzzing about, eight of the heavy combat drones standing still next to the armored bunker, and four of the primary defense drones standing apart, scanning the chamber with their active sensors. It is only thanks to the small size and stealthy nature of your drone that has kept it from being blasted.

Assuming that Gabi is sharing the video feed, Deunan lets out a low whistle. "Ok, this will be a little tougher, but we can still pull this off. I'm concerned about the four Primary Defense Drones. Gabi, Ryuko, Cooper and O'Brien? I want the four of you to use your missiles on them and try to wipe them out before they have a chance to open up on us. Don't use your whole payload on them at once. We don't know what kind of missile defense they may have. For the rest, Alan, see what you can do to thin their numbers out with your MPAT rounds while the rest of the tanks slam those heavy drones with our particle cannons. Focus your fire and take the drones out one by one."

She shifts in her seat, feeling the level of excitement for the upcoming fight build. "Everyone ready?"

"Copy all LT. Air wing is ready to go!" Gabriela took a moment to communicate with "her" people. "Cooper? O'Brien? You two hanging in there? If you got questions, kick 'em my way rapido (quickly)."

Deunan nods. "Good. Lets do this! Third Heavy and friends, lets go!"

OOC Do we get a surprise attack on the drones since we know what's out there?

Rolling for Deunan

Total of 23
In the Hover Tank:
Number of Attacks: 9 - +1 attack per melee round at levels 1, 3, 6, 10, and 14
Strike: +12 with Cannons, +13 to HtH, +14 with EU-11 (+2)
Parry: +17 (+1)
Dodge: +17 (+1)
Roll: +9
Perception: +12
Initiative: +3 (+2)
Critical Strike on a natural 18-20

Thanks to the advanced warning given to you by Gabi and her drone, you have the opportunity to all get off one free attack before we go into normal initiative order.

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 is up first in the surprise round

Current Initiative Order
25 - Ryuko <====
23 - Deunan

20 - O'Brien
19 - Primary Drone 1-2
18 - Alan
18 - Light Drone 1-3
17 - Gabi
16 - Heavy Drone 1-4
15 - Neo
14 - Primary Drone 3-4