• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Deunan checks around to see if there are any other active combatants. Seeing none, she calls out, "Third Heavy! Status report!"

"This isSergeant McKinney, no damage. PPC on cooldown." Marlon said, as he position his mecha by the entrance to the tunnel that the gunpod had tried to retreat to keep an eye out for another wave. "Holding overwatch."

"Neo here. No damage. Slight overheat from my Eu-11, but it is back to safe operational temps. All other systems green."

Missile Payload:
8/12 Plasma/Napalm short-range missiles - 2d6x10 M.D., 3 mile range, 15 foot radius, 5 M.D.C.
0/3 Fragmentation short-range missiles - 2d4x10 M.D. at a 3 mile range, 20 foot radius. 5 M.D.C.
Electronic Warfare Pod
16 chaff/flare bundles (4/4 in Ajax and 11/12 in EW Pod)

Gabi spoke as calmly as she could despite the adrenaline rush still rushing through her veins. She used her call-sign instead of her real name. "Chrome Shaman here. I killed 10. No damage." She transformed her Ajax back into Battloid mode. Taking cover, she aimed her ion cannons down the corridor where "Wave One" had arrived from.

"Sergeant, that radio call... I think we can expect Wave Two to show up anytime. Maybe we can get some of that Spartas Command Tank sensor love from you when they show up?"

full

Image credit: www.limetown.com.br
STATUS Location: Inside the Zentraedi hideout.
Statblock: VHT-10A Ajax (400/400 M.D.). CBR Mk 2E Armor (105/105 M.D.). Heavy Shield (55/55 M.D.).
Effects Active: None. Ajax mode: Battloid. Dragonfly slot: Cobalt mine.

"Oh," she added. "Sergeant? If we're gonna wait for them here, maybe we can welcome them by hiding some mines under the rubble and debris for them? Where I come from, when you visit someone's home for the first time, you should bring 'gifts,' you know?" She chuckled and kept one eye on her ground radar aimed down the tunnel.

Ryuko would respond to Deunan's call.
"Ryuko here, I took a couple down, but my Ajax got damaged on the torso area."
She felt blood trickle down from under her nose.
"Scratch that, I got hit so hard I'm bleeding!"

Alan pulls the Spartas alongside Ryuko's Ajax, "If you guys can cover me, I can take a look real quick and to see how bad it is. I'd rather be safe on this one."

Gabriela wondered. Ryuko was hit and bleeding, but her tone spoke as if it was an inconvenience. In Gabi's world, these things just happened. It was just another reminder that Ryuko was from Air Cav and Gabi wasn't. Gabi's people would have had a good laugh at her if she had brought up such a thing and Gabi would not have minded.

Still, it could be serious and it was best to be sure. She directly contacted Ryuko so their cameras could see each other. She asked. "Ryuko, how bad are you hit and where?"

"If you guys can cover me, I can take a look real quick and to see how bad it is. I'd rather be safe on this one."

"You're covered from my direction, muchacho."

Ryuko would look at the screen, before replying to Gabi.
"Would a bleeding nose from getting hit hard be considered bad?"
She brought an hand up to cover the leak, hoping to stop anymore blood from leaving.

"No, chica. Just grab some gauze from your survival kit, stuff it into your nose, and wait for Alan. Can't have you filling up your helmet with your own blood, no? And before you worry about it, look how much Zentraedi blood you put on the floor. No comparison, right?" Gabi chuckled and kept her eyes on her instruments and the tunnel.

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 "A bloody nose ain't never killed nobody. But its expected." Marlon stated. "When you get to close quarters, you are going to be knocked around. All the more reason to always wear your helmet, dont need yourself a concussion. And your mecha dont weigh as much or have as much armor as the Spartas. You'll be knocked around a bit extra. Keep to range and you shouldnt have to worry about it. Though if it happens again just pretend it's a runny nose."

"And speaking of damage. What's the status of the Ajax. Did they get to the mecha innards any? Or it just the armor." He asked. He wanted to know if there was any internal damage that would hinder her mecha, if so he might he able to fix it.

"As for the next wave... I'd wager they moving to hold the fort. Charging right now will leave the high lord undefended. We want that... they dont."

Sherwood Sherwood "What about you Staff Sergeant? How is you and your mecha be holding up? We cant have you dying on us now. We got stuff to do after this." He said with a chuckle. Aye, he wasnt gonna have her dying yet. Not just because she was their leader here.

Deunan nods in satisfaction. "My own Spartas took a minor hit to the left shield, and that's it. Both the PPC and the up powered Eu-11 are in the green and running good." She looks around at the team, mind racing. "If we are about to face against a second wave of Zentraedi, I don't want any of you out of your mecha when that happens. We will need all of you in your seats when the shit hits the fan. Besides, I'm thinking that the longer we wait, the better prepared the enemy will be. Lets make our own move and attack. We may be able to catch High Lord Whatsherface and take her down hard, and break the backbone of the whole Malcontent movement."

"Mida ("look" or "hey"), I was going to stay in my Ajax use my drone to drop the mines..." Gabi reflected. "But sergeant, that Battle Pod got the radio call out. Plus we made enough noise to wake the dead on both sides of the fight. How does this High Lord not know she's under attack? Remember what Neo said? They are reinforcing the 'second line' to protect the High Lord. They're waiting for us, you know?"

"Aye, but we ain't without reinforcements ourselves. We broke through their front line, they have barely touched ours. Also, when we came in, we took out a number of their mecha being loaded up and readied. Including the high Lords. So they are likely to be strained on Equipment, if not under machined. At the very least, we can lay a siege, and hold the line until our own reinforcements get here. So long as we can hold them here, they ain't got no hope."

"Do we actually know the route to the High Lord though? We blew this place to smithereens, so diggin for data is gonna be a bit difficult. Still, we oughta do some pokin around to pinpoint our target, fast."

Deunan points her mecha's hand down the tunnel that the Pods were retreating towards. "Gabi, use your drone to look down there and see what you can spot. Something as small as it is should be able to get there and back without being spotted."

"Aquatica (Original Mix)" by Kamil Esten

"With pleasure, sergeant." Gabi took off her CBR helmet, slipped her VR helmet on, and took Dragonfly off of its charging station. Taking its controller in hand, she carefully set up the high-tech drone and brought it to life. At once, all four of its whirling blades buzzed and in seconds, it was hovering almost magically in the air above her head between her and her now-open hatch.

"Spirits high, baby..." her latina voice whispered softly over the radio waves as she loosed the cobalt mine-armed Dragonfly into the air. It rose out of the Ajax veritech as the hatch closed behind it. The Dragonfly raced along smoothly and quietly and inside, Gabi could see and hear everything it could. It was like being in an entirely different world seeing and hearing through a drone's sensors. It was liberating and exciting, but also a great responsibility to not be discovered while gathering the best data you could. Fortunately, their targets were not 5 to 6-foot-tall humans but 30 to 40-foot-tall alien war giants.

"Patching you in." Gabriela knew the controls in the dark. In moments, each of the Third Heavy Recon that wanted in received a Dragonfly-eye-view of everything Gabi was seeing and hearing. It was kind of like being carried along in the passenger seat on a ride without legs, without wheels, without restrictions. Gabi-through-Dragonfly flew like a near-silent little ghost through the tunnels, exploring, recording, cruising along while taking advantage of every bit of concealment and cover she could detect. Whatever the Malcontents were hiding down here, it was too big to be hidden forever. When flying in her drones, whether at the base or in the battlefield, Gabriela felt alive and free. Dragonfly cruised along...

...and Gabriela's spirit soared.

The drone speeds along through the dark passage, heading off in the direction that the Battle Pods were retreating towards. Through the audio pickups on the drone, the sounds of heavy machinery can be heard. Zipping around the last turn, you see a large number of Zentraedi, probably over two hundred, about half of them in light and heavy infantry armor and carrying rifles, with eight suits of Female Powered Armor standing next to a tall, statuesque woman as she looks out over the assembled soldiers. From the intel briefings, you all recognize her immediately as Zerkia, the High Lord.

She raises up her hands and the room falls silent. "MY SOLDIERS! Our enemies are upon us! They think we are going to cower down here, like Scarath-rats and wait for our doom. BUT THEY ARE WRONG! We are Zentraedi!" The room explodes in cheers at this. Zerkia lets them cheer for a moment, then once more calls for silence. "We will go out and face our enemies, and we will fight, and when we die, it will be on our feet as warriors, not on our knees, surrendering to these micronians. We shall leave our mark in their history, just as surely as Lord Khyron and Lord Antonia did when they destroyed the SDF-1! This will be our glorious final stand. Let us make it epic."

Zerkia holds out her hand, and a rifle is placed in it. "I stand and fight with you. Lets kill as many of them as we can before we fall."

Deunan lets out a low whistle as she takes in the video feed from the drone footage. "Damn. That is a fuck-ton lot of Zentraedi. I think we are going to need some more guns to take on this many troops, even if they are only in light armor. Neo? Call it up to the Captain. Let him know that we have eyes on the High Lord, with a large number of Zentraedi with her, including eight FPAs. Requesting immediate back-up."

Neo nods. "Understood, Sergeant!" She turns to the radio, sending out the video feed from the drone along with your request for assistance to the Captain. "Sarge? I'm getting a signal from up top. Patching it through now."

"Third Heavy, message received, and understood. Pull back to the surface. I say again, pull back to the surface. We have artillery units standing by to lend a hand, along with fixed wing aircraft. The second that this body of troops breaks out, it will be a bloodbath. Please confirm."

Deunan is halfway glad that they're getting out of the underground. Having the artillery on their side will make this fight end a lot faster. But the Captain is right about one thing; this will be a bloodbath. The Zentraedi don't stand a chance up top, and they know it. It is a suicide run. Better for them to die on their feet than to live as allies with humans. Time to harden your heart, girl. We've given them every chance to back out of this.

"Orders confirmed, sir. Pull back to the surface. Moving out now." She looks to the rest of the team. "You heard the man, Third Heavy. Gabs, recall that drone and lets get the hell out of here."

Alan inhaled deeply, right now wanting to wring that arrogant Zentraedi's neck for all the suffering her and her minions caused. Leave their mark on our history, huh? Why? They've already done that. Their tech has fundamentally reshaped how we conduct war. The deaths they've caused brought humanity together. If anything, these bastards need to be reminded whose planet this really is. Though I doubt with an attitude like that, they'd ever learn that lesson. Even if they were a sea of bloodied faces, broken limbs, and shattered ribs. No, I don't know if these people will ever understand just what evil they've really wrought here. It's a damn shame really.

With Alan's rage shifting to melancholy, his Spartas shifted to transport mode and began to follow the others out of the engineering bay and back to the surface.

Gabriela transformed her Ajax into helicopter mode as it would make for the easiest method to get back topside. Once there, she returned to Battloid mode, but not until all of the Third Heavy Recon were there with her. Inside, the young half-Meltrandi woman was very pleased. Although she would probably not admit it to the others unless cornered on the subject, Gabi felt her little Dragonfly had just saved Third Heavy Recon a whole world of hurt while simultaneously locating and concretely-identifying High Lord Zerkia (whom Gabi had internally nicknamed "Jerkia"). If they had run up on a host that large, they would have had hell to pay. Instead, the Army of Southern Cross now had video and audio logs of who, what, and where to expect their enemies, their rough numbers and types of enemies, and most of all, what they were up to.

Gabriela felt the celebrated author, Sun Tzu, was dead on the money when he wrote, “If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.” Gabi felt her side was now a great deal closer to knowing themselves and their enemy than the Malcontents were. It was a feeling that made her heart shine with pride and gave her hope for a strong victory.

While the worst was yet ahead, Gabriela felt it was important to take little moments like this and savor them. For who knew who would be alive and standing an hour from now?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back