• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Neo nods, her hands working the radio. "Yes, Sergeant! Right away!" It doesn't take her long before she says, "Anton-17 is responding to multiple distress calls! The Malcontents are making a widespread offensive, all across the Zone! The RDF and ASC forces are starting to respond, but the Zentraedi have air superiority with those big guns of theirs! They say that if we can't find the cannons and knock them out, it will be bad news all across the Control Zone!" She looks up, concern written in her face. "Sergeant, what do we do?"

Deunan slips her helmet on and powers up her tank. "We do what we came out here to do. We find the location of those guns, and do whatever we can to shut them down. Then our air power can get back into this fight, and we'll rule the day. Lets go."

OOC Do we need to make a Navigation roll to try and track back the beams to their origin?

Putting your heads together, you are fairly confident on the direction of the guns that are firing off their deadly blasts. At a rough estimate, the origin is still many miles away, coming from what shows up on your maps as a range of mountains that stick up from the jungle of the Zone. Heading out, you are moving slow as you work your way through the trees towards your destination.

With the rough terrain, your radar performance is greatly reduced, and it is seeming to be quite confused, with it getting sensor returns from all around you. It is not until you crest one ridge that the truth becomes clear; one of the mountains is actually a crashed warship! A Thuverl-Salan class Destroyer, the massive ship is over 7,500 feet long, sticking up from the earth at a slight angle as if it had plowed into the ground nose first, with its tail end sicking up into the air.

The three large weapon blisters on the top of the ship is the source of the mega lasers that are knocking out the air power over the Control Zone with ease, doing hundreds of points of Mega Damage per shot. If it is at full capacity, it has the ability to transport thousands of infantry and roughly 1,500 Battle Pods of various types. Absolutely a critical target for the UEG to know about.

This particular ship has several airlocks that have earthwork paths leading up to them, with ten foot soldiers and ten Battle Pods on guard at ground level, keeping the interior of the ship secure.

Normally, the thing to do is to call this in and get every air and artillery asset on it to wipe this bad boy out. But with the new level of accuracy of the heavy guns, that makes any effort to hit it with air power futile at best, suicide for the air crew at the worst. What do you do now?

Darian is quiet for a moment, thinking. She then activates her tank's laser communication system to send an encrypted message up to high command without having a radio signal that can be detected by the Zentraedi in that ship. "Anton-17, Anton-17, this is the Third Heavy Recon squad, and we have a priority target in the Control Zone. We've located a Thuverl-Salan class Zentraedi Destroyer that is the source of the heavy laser fire, and can laser designate the turrets for a missile or artillery strike."

She then looks over at the squad. "If that doesn't work, I guess that the next step is to go and try to take down these guns ourselves, one way or the other."

The signal goes out, but there is no reply. You can hear on the regular radio that the RDF and ASC defenders in the area are being hard pressed by a large scale offensive across the region. With all of the chatter, your signal may have been lost in the clutter. Or you misaligned the laser, and the signal was never received at all.

A quick look at the map does show that you are out of the range of the heavy guns of the Monsters at the closest artillery firebase. If you do call for a off site attack, it will have to be done with Long Range Missiles or not at all.

Deunan glares at the radio, as if it had something to blame in this. "Ok, check my line of thought here. If we use the standard radio channel to call out, the signal will most likely be detected by the Zentraedi here, and it will be a short time before the troops on that ship will be out looking for us. But, if we do signal out and get some Long Range Missiles on the way, we can disable those guns once and for all."

"Option two is we use our Sabot rounds and hammer the guns ourselves from max range. Between the five of us, we can take them down one at a time, getting at least one of them out before having to resort to mecha-to-mecha combat. Downside to this is that we'll be out and exposed the whole time, and we may be targeted by the secondary weapons of the ship, making this a real bad day."

"Option three is to make our way inside the ship and disable the guns by either hitting the power systems being used to run the weapons, or by hitting something else important to the function of the big bangs from under the heavy armor of the ship. We can either stealth our way in by making our own entrance in the hull, or hammer our way past the guards outside."

"If anyone has any other ideas or thoughts on this, please feel free to share. One way or another, we have got to take out those cannons."

"We cant blast it." Marlon said somberly over the radio. "Not with heavy ordinance, anyway. Keep in mind, we still have not located the researchers. Granted that this just recently came online, judging from lacking of alerts of this being a no fly zone, I'd wager this is where they took the scientists, and it was them that got it working. And even if we use missiles, that system is accurate enough to shoot them down."

Marlon opened the cockpit and and stood up. Using his visors zoom to scan the area. "I can think of a few suggestions. Firstly, we got smoke rounds. A few shots against the weapons bridge should blind their targeting system enough for a quick air strike. That would require a good bit of timing precision. What we use next depends on how high value the researchers are. If they are determined expendable, a bombing run will do."

Marlon shook his head." However, otherwise, rather than normal ordinance. We could coordinate an EMP strike, if any are readily available. It would do a lot of indirect damage, and knock a good bit of their defenses offline. It would make things exponentially easier for us so long as we stay out of the blast zone."

"Let's see, we can combo smoke and sabot. But that still runs a risk of us getting caught in turret fire. Even if we smoke the secondary defenses, the main batteries will work us over before we ready our second shell. That is if our shells can reach without being intercepted in the first place. Are only solid hope there is that that those main batteries, given their size, can not move as fast as the turrets the targeting system was designed for. As I said before, the biggest limiter of that system is the movement speed of the hardware its operating on. ( Psychie Psychie Judging from what he learned earlier, would Marlon know if the targeting system and ship batteries can intercept incoming shells from the tanks)."

"Also, I'm not a starcraft technician, but I know to know that they have a whole host of sensors. Knowing what they have. As well as their internal security, will help us get around them. Which brings me to the next bit."

"Some more thoughts to bat around. Infiltrating quietly may be the best course. Quietest would mean on foot. Tank and stealth aren't exactly things that go together well. Our small size compared to them will help out a lot as is. We could make two teams. Two of us going in in foot, the rest in Spartans. I brought along explosives, just for such an occasion. I can arm them to sabotage whatever we need, the thing about ships like that, they are heavily armored on the outside, not the inside. A few strategic explosives and we can take out a lot of their systems with the click of a button."

He pointed to the wreckage."I dont think that ship just stealthily landed there. It was a crash landing. There are probably holes in the hull that humans on foot could probably crawl through. If we blasted our way inside. They would be on us in seconds."

Marlon thought some more. "One option to blow a way inside, is for us to take cover by our desired entrance. Then have the Spartan team sabot a door for us. Attention would be on the Spartans, and not the foot team. This would have the added benefit of drawing out a lot of the opposition the foot team would face. But it would put a lot of heat on the tanks."

"Before we do anything. I suggest we stake it out at least. See if we can get a count of those going in and out. See if we can spot some holes, and to see if we can determine enemy numbers and activity schedules."

"As well as finding blind spots on their outer defenses."

Sherwood Sherwood

Deunan nods. "Fair enough. Lets circle around this beast, and see what we can see from another angle. Everyone, use extreme caution as we move out. God only knows what kind of traps we will run into out here."

You make your way to the other side of the ship, and as the five of you are watching, a large launch bay opens on the top of the Destroyer to reveal a pair of saucer-shaped Reentry Pods preparing to launch. You know from your intelligence briefings that these Reentry Pods are able to carry upwards of 80+ assorted mecha inside them, making them a nasty transport ship. Fortunately, they are relatively lightly armored, and a couple of well-placed shots could destroy them.

Or, you could use the open hatch as an excellent way to get into the Destroyer. What do you want to do?

Deunan grins. "You guys feeling lucky? I think that is our way in! Once the Reentry Pods are clear, we'll make a run for it and leap into the ship and fight them on the inside! Get ready to run like hell!"

"Sergeant," says Alissa. "Should we take the Reentry Pods down first? I think we could take them down pretty easy. Might make life a lot easier for whoever they're heading for. Or we could split into two, have half take the pods down, and the other half head into the ship."

The idea of that many enemy potential mecha and pods hitting a friendly target makes Alissa cringe.

"If we do, we'll blow our element of surprise, and will probably have to fight our way through the ship to be able to disable the power systems to the guns." Deunan grimaces. "I see your point, but we have no idea how many troops may still be inside the ship. We have to keep the guns as our priority. Get in as close as we can, then we make a break for the opening as the doors start to close. Prepare yourselves."

Alissa keeps her face as neutral as possible. She does her best not to let the deep concern currently drilling a hole in her stomach show. Instead, she nods.

"Yes, ma'am. Understood."

As you are creeping forward, the squad is actually up on the hull of the Destroyer as the massive doors are opening up. With a peek over the edge to see just what it is that you would be jumping down into, in addition to the two Reentry Pods, you can see that the hangar bay has at least forty Battle Pods of various types that are loading into one of the spacecraft, including a full dozen Female Powered Armor suits and eight Officer Pods, not including what may already be on that particular Reentry Pod.. That is a lot of firepower getting ready to go down range to someone.

The first of the two Reentry Pods is sealing up its doors and is preparing to lift off. At the moment, you are hidden behind various protrusions on the hull of the ship, and you are confident that you have not been spotted. What do you do?

Shit! Deunan slams her fist down on her leg. We don't dare drop down in there with all that firepower waiting. We'd be dead before we could get away. But I wonder, if we hit the dropship that is about to boost, the explosion and debris falling down might be able to take out the second ship and kill off those mecha. It might work.

"Ok, change of plans. When the first ship launches, we will hit it with everything we've got to try and blow it up before it can boost away. The resulting explosion and rubble falling should be enough to disable the second ship and probably wipe out the troops down there before they can even finish loading. If we don't do this just right, we'll be toasted for sure because there is plenty of firepower down there to wipe the floor with us."

Neo gulps, visibly afraid. "Yes, Sergeant!" She shifts her Spartas to its Guardian mode and prepares to fire her main gun on the first Reentry Pod.

Everyone will get a free shot made from surprise, then we'll roll initiative. Make sure you declare what kind of rounds you are using.

Alissa nods.

"Yes, ma'am. Recommendation on which rounds we should use on that thing?"

(Just figured I'd throw initiative for after surprise.)
On Foot:
5 ... Attacks
+5 Strike, +7 called shots
+8 Parry
+8 Dodge
+6 Roll with punch/impact
+9 Perception
+2 Initiative
+5 Damage (from Ps)

In Hover Tank:
6 ... Attacks
+7 Strike long range, +9 called shots, +8 melee