• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Psychie Psychie Gabi would like to use her Perception (+10) and Detect Concealment skill (61%) with you rolling them if that's all right?

Results are as follows: Perception is a total of 28 (very good roll!) and Detect Concealment is a 51%. Gabi is able to find a hidden camera located in the room's air vent, pointed down at the bed. It is battery powered, with a flash drive as its storage. You can review the memory of the camera on your terminals.

Whoops! My past two posts in-game were meant to be OOC! I will edit the first by placing it into a spoiler, and I will edit the second with an in-game post and place the out of game information I posted below.

Edit: There. All better. =)

* * *​

(To D. Rex)

Micronized Zentraedi have betrayed humanity before (at least they have according to the books written by Palladium). I completely agree with your statement concerning our new enemy.

Last edited:
Psychie Psychie can we tell if the unknown woman a Zentraedi?
By just her physical appearance, no. But there are Zentraedi that look human enough to be able to move about a crowd without being identified as a alien. There are reports that the Zentraedi have done this before, the earliest example was on the SDF-1 when a trio of spies were infiltrated into the ship. This may be another human-appearing Malcontent agent.

The person in the maintenance uniform that put the camera in the air vent never says anything. He only rigs up the motion sensor camera. You do not have any date or time stamp on the video, so at this initial stage of the investigation, you are not sure how long it has been up there. You have seen three other guests staying in the room before Antonia, so it must be at least a week, if not longer that the camera has been there.

I like having learned this as I was wondering if the maintenance person and assassin were one and the same. =)

Reports from Brazilia Base have come in about the death of Antonia. The cause of death is officially listed as cardiac arrest brought on by a drug injection. [I am not a doctor, and I don't play one on tv, so I don't know what drugs will cause a heart attack. You have the name of the drug, I just don't have one for you. ^33^] Thanks to the video that was found, there is solid evidence to link the mysterious woman in the room to the drug injection, making her a murderer.
If it helps, one of the options given to modern-day death row inmates is called lethal injection. One of the chemicals stops the heart, potassium chloride, though there are others. I had a family member have heart troubles for a few years after an episode of high potassium levels, so I remembered that odd bit of trivia. Assuming Zentraedi biochemistry resembles humanity at all, I'd reckon that'd be good enough. Not like those are rare chemicals in any case.

Could always say it was the chemical Contrivium(patent pending), the one that was discovered by Doctor Mcguffin a couple years ago. He had a bunch of claims about what it actually did, but nothing officially recorded. Probably for the best.

And thus, we wrap up this part of the story. Everyone has done a great job role playing your characters, and I am having a great time running this bunch! Thank you.

Everyone gets another 1,000 xp. Enjoy.

Psychie Psychie I'm having a great time too. Thanks for the xp!

What experience point tables are our characters using? I'd like to have an idea when our characters level up. =)

Psychie Psychie I'm having a great time too. Thanks for the xp!

What experience point tables are our characters using? I'd like to have an idea when our characters level up. =)
Here ya go! I'll add it to the Character section for everyone to see.

Xp Chart
1 0,000 - 2,120
2 2,121 - 4,240
3 4,241 - 8,480
4 8,481 - 16,960
5 16,961 - 24,960
6 24,961 - 34,960
7 34,961 - 49,960
8 49,961 - 69,960
9 69,961 - 94,960
10 94,961 - 129.960
11 129,961 - 179,960
12 179,961 - 229,960
13 229,961 - 279,960
14 279,961 - 329,960
15 329,961 +

I hereby recommend Third Heavy Recon go by its new and proper name, "The Ganked Dice Gang.' Heh heh. =)

Really, the dice roller can be pretty good too. I mean, I'm very happy with Gabi's attributes, but only because Psychie let us reroll ones. If you guys will recall, my first roll for character attributes was four ones. I remember thinking then if I had been stuck with that roll, I would not be playing Gabi, you guys would have been stuck with me playing Carl (I.Q. Attribute of 3).

I kid you not. =)

Oh God! Is his nickname Kevin XD?

"...and Rosy and Neo both did have some Zentraedi in him..."
(quotations and ellipses mine)

D. Rex D. Rex Whoa. Time out, friend. If by "him" you mean "them," how does Marlon have any idea Gabi has Zentraedi blood in her? Or did I misread what you wrote?

(quotations and ellipses mine)

D. Rex D. Rex Whoa. Time out, friend. If by "him" you mean "them," how does Marlon have any idea Gabi has Zentraedi blood in her? Or did I misread what you wrote?
Going by him looking over pilot files on working on their mecha. If you feel that is assuming too much(I apologize if that is the case), would you like me to change it? He would still be doing it for Neo, so it would be a quick and small change.

Yes, please. Gabi's personnel files aren't top secret or anything, but she is Special Forces Recon Patrol (the ASC-equivalent of a U.S. Army Special Forces Green Beret). I imagine Global Military Police like Sherwood's character could pull a few strings to get a look in there, but I have a hard time imagining her personnel file is otherwise so openly available.

That said, there is a little-known interview Gabi did with a journalist when she first hit Corporal some time back (see Gabi's "Background" in her character sheet). If Psychie decides that someone here the middle of the Zentraedi Control Zone in Brazil somehow miracled up a copy of it, that's fine by me (it's her game, after all). But yeah, Gabi is only clearly Mexican-American. =)

No worries! I'll change it right now! Saving up for a cool reveal?

My reasoning was more of just basics and simple identification records. Height, sex weight, race. Etc.

Lol even if they had solid wifi I dont think Marlon would go out of his way to watch interview TV without some reason to search for info on her. Unless Gabi or someone in the know pointed it out to him.

And while we are on the topic. Anything fun you want to think up for interactions between them?

No worries! I'll change it right now! Saving up for a cool reveal?

Thank you, D. Rex!

Re: Reveal. Ah, actually no - it's a personal choice on the part of Gabriela, really. Ryuko doesn't even know. She "tells" me she really wanted to make it into Special Forces Recon Patrol on her own merits. Taking a page or two from today's military, it is tougher for a woman to make a career. Moreso for a minority (Mexican-blooded) and in Robotech, even moreso as someone with Zentraedi-blood. Gabriela just wants to be accepted for who she is, not what family she was born in. By not making her Meltrandi heritage public knowledge, she hopes to avoid the racism that often comes with it while keeping her "extra edge" (if you will) a secret from her enemies (I imagine you learn things when your mother is a Meltrandi!). The Third Heavy Recon's current situation is a good example of why Gabi doesn't talk about this. The last thing she feels she needs are accusing fingers being pointed at her in reference to Sgt. Antonia's death or the recent sabotage.

And while we are on the topic. Anything fun you want to think up for interactions between them?

Well, given how well they hit it off when they met, I can imagine Gabriela asked Marlon (and Alan if he was open to it) all kinds of things about the base, its challenges, its people, and what she might do to pull her weight. I also imagine Gabriela made it known to Third Heavy Recon that she wanted to start making "connections" around the base and with the local population. How is that for starters? Think we can do something with that? Rykon Rykon , how about you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back