• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I thought I mentioned that. I'll change my post. Then I'm off for the night.

I did put the word location in there. O.K.. I thought for sure I had! =)

Illya is here to break the bad luck streak! Hooray! =)

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Heh! Ryuko is a bull in a China shop! =)

Getting into combat range, assuming the enemy did not expect her to arrive, she would immediately fire 5 Napalm Missiles directly into the opposing force, before transforming to Battloid form and firing it's IPW pod, at one Gulag Officer Pod.
(bold mine)

Wait one. Sorry if I sound like a dunce, but I am having serious trouble wrapping this statement around my brain. She would or she did? She "immediately fired" or "would immediately fire" if a particular circumstance took place?

Ok, so you are firing missiles as your action, at some random Zentraedi target. Can you please give me a d20 roll for a to-hit?

So she fired. O.K.! Thanks, Illya! =)

Since you are new to the Palladium system, I hope you don't mind a few friendly tips?

1. In almost all cases, a player-character is allowed to act against one target at a time (be it shooting a single target or throwing a grenade against a group). Ryuko can either launch her volley of missiles or fire her ion cannon at the Officer's Pod but not both.

2. Either action will acquire another D20 roll just like initiative. Missiles like the ones that Ajaxs are armed with have a flat + 3 to hit (add +1 if your character has the Weapon Systems skill). Bonuses for guns can differ.

A quick note about missiles. By the book, a person or mecha can try to dodge 1-3 missiles without a problem. But if the salvo has 4+ missiles in it, it is a hit unless your attack roll is a natural 1-4. You will always want to roll to hit, because you might be able to get a critical strike.

To defend against missiles, you have a few options. First, your Ajax has chaff and flares that you can fire off to try and spoof the missiles away. That gives you a 75% chance to confuse them and get the salvo off target.

Option two is to use an action to fire at the missiles, knocking out one and hopefully making a chain reaction explosion. If you use a direct fire weapon, there is a roll made to see how many of them you blow up. Missile vs. missile gives a better chance of taking out the whole lot.

Assuming we get to survive this encounter, I have a rather salty IC rant in mind. Should be entertaining.

Well put, Sherwood!

On that note, there's also a rarely-used last resort defense against missiles. It works like this. On mecha-sized targets or smaller, missiles always strike the main body of a target ( which also means called shots are not possible). So, you might fold the mecha's arms against the mecha's chest.

This will likely result in blowing off the mecha's arms (thus no transformation possible for veritechs), but you get to keep your character!

All of the above, of course, is subject to GM approval.

Assuming we get to survive this encounter, I have a rather salty IC rant in mind. Should be entertaining.

Oh boy! A salty rant from our Rykon! *breaks out the homemade fried potatoes and condiments to share*

Don't sing it, bring it! =)

Marlon might also have a few salty things to say depending on how things go later. But we will survive, so as long as dont charge headfirst into a massive enemy force with nothing but an attack chopper.

Now then, Sherwood Sherwood which force is Duenan wanting us to focus on? The one immediately assaulting the base, or incoming force while our coordinates for their position are still relevant (as we apparently wont be getting any updates :p)

I see the biggest threats as the Officer Pods. Not only are they heavily armored, they have a lot of firepower for their size. That being said, once the Zentraedi are in range, we can try to use some AoE shells to hit more than one of them at once.

And salt from our D. Rex too?! 8D *breaks out the pretzels, unsalted chips, and main dishes to share*

We'll have all the salt we need! Joy!

Gabi is going to advise Ryuko and the battle-capable part of the convoy to take out the Recon pods first while the rest of the convoy gets under cover and concealment.

It's bad enough that the RP Nation dice roller has evidently ganked this game before, I don't think we need the additional jamming lowering our Strike totals while screwing the ASC forces's ability to communicate with one another (including all of us).

I see the biggest threats as the Officer Pods. Not only are they heavily armored, they have a lot of firepower for their size. That being said, once the Zentraedi are in range, we can try to use some AoE shells to hit more than one of them at once.
Aye aye! That's at least another 1.5-2 miles. We can reach them with the sabots, but without some painted target, it would be pointless.

However, without that com tower, we wont be able to receive reports of their movement and location. Nor warn the convoy of incoming artillery strike. Unless Neo the Radio Queen has something up her sleeve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back