• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
There are days that the dice roller is my bane. Then it turns around and gives me a nat 20 to make up for it.

Thank you, but I like the dice bot here. It does seem to be capricious sometimes, but it is probably just the random rolls.

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 My heart goes out to you! One of the few times your character has the green light to go in and do her favorite thing for the big finisher and the RP Nation dice gank her! Ohh man!

Psychie Psychie Please roll for Gabi? She has a +8 modifier. But also, would you please have Gabi delay to just behind Ryuko's Initiative roll? Neither Gabi nor myself have the heart to blow the thing up without Ryuko getting at least one more try at it.

Thanks, Psychie! I don't mind getting ganked by the dice but if it's going to happen, I want them to be polyhedrons not Joe Blow the Coder's dice algorithm!

Keeping her tank in Battloid mode, she runs forward down the passage indicated by Neo, Eu-11 rifle in hand.

This makes me curious. Is there artificial gravity on the Robotech Factory?

Psychie Psychie

A little shop talk, please?
This chamber is large, with its three hundred foot ceiling and it stretches out 1,200 feet, but there is large heavy gears and pistons making it even more dangerous in here. If you make the mistake of getting caught in the moving parts, the result would be disaster for whatever unfortunate soul that got sucked in.

Under what circumstances does one get caught in these grinding gears? A bad Dodge roll? Climbing to the ceiling? How do we avoid getting smushed (besides, presumably, staying put where we are)?

There is partial cover in here between you and them, making any attack going in either direction more difficult.

This seems to imply there is a Strike penalty for both our group and theirs. May I ask what (or near) that penalty is? I'm asking because if it's a -2, that's something I can live with. If it's a -7, maybe it's missile time or time for a change in strategy.

Lastly, is there a way to circumvent their cover without striking the pistons and gears of the room?

Under what circumstances does one get caught in these grinding gears? A bad Dodge roll? Climbing to the ceiling? How do we avoid getting smushed (besides, presumably, staying put where we are)?
First off, a dodge roll of 1-4 on the dice can cause you to stumble into the gears and pistons. if you roll that, a follow-up roll of a Pilot Veritech skill will be needed to keep you from getting crunched. Also, any attack that causes knockback (such as the particle cannons on the hover tanks or a mecha body block/ram) has a chance to push your opponent into the moving parts.
This seems to imply there is a Strike penalty for both our group and theirs. May I ask what (or near) that penalty is? I'm asking because if it's a -2, that's something I can live with. If it's a -7, maybe it's missile time or time for a change in strategy.
You are all at a -5 to your to hit rolls while you are inside this chamber.
Lastly, is there a way to circumvent their cover without striking the pistons and gears of the room?
There are a couple of ways. Lead them out of the room into a large open space. Or, you can spend an extra action maneuvering into a favorable position (basically a Called Shot) and that will cancel out the -5.

If we choose to maneuver to a favorable position, is a Called Shot then required every time we shoot or can we, by way of position, fire normally after said Called Shot?

You will have the Called Shot penalty of the two attacks on the first shot, and so long as the opponent you are targeting is stationary, you are golden. As they maneuver, the same penalty will apply again.

But as long as we maneuver, the same penalty applies to the bad guys, right?

Thanks, Psychie!

Folks? I'm thinking we should try luring them out. Time is on the side of the Robotech Factory, not Third Heavy Recon. The longer this goes on, the more forces it might send our way. Thoughts?

Do we see any exits to the room that we can get to that the drones have not cut us off from?

There are two other large doors that are big enough to fit your mecha, but at the moment, they are closed. You will either have to blast them open or try and operate the doors normally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back