• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Robotech Interest Check (Robotech 2e)

Pondering a Micronized Zentraedi myself. I like Alphas, but I was going to cross-train on both the Alpha and Beta, being able to go with either one. So, if it is needed, I'll go Beta for our little kittyfox.

Here is a quick copy/paste from my Rifts game that I go with.

For those that have not been in a Palladium game before, here is a quick rundown of the rules for combat and how I run things in the PbP system.

Everyone gets a number of attack actions that are listed on your sheet. As we go through the combat, I will keep track of how many actions you have used in the fight in a running chart that I will post with each person's action. It will look like this, and will count down the Initiative count for who is next up in the fight:

21 - Mark <====
18 - bad guy 1
15 - bad guy 2
12 - Steve
8 - Mary
7 - bad guy 3

In the example above, Mark has a initiative of 21 and goes first, and the arrow indicates that it is his turn. He declares his first action, and makes a to-hit roll. For sake of saving time, you can also post your damage at this point, and if you hit, I'll mark whichever target you hit with the damage. If you miss, I just disregard the damage to the enemy.

The to-hit roll is a d20. A natural 1-4 is a automatic miss, no matter how many bonuses you have, and a '1' is a fumble of some sort, and it can result in you having to clear a jammed weapon or some other effect that is appropriate for the scene and what you are using. On the flipside, a natural 20 is a Critical Strike, and will always hit and do double damage. Some martial arts and combat styles have an extended Critical Strike ranges of 19-20, or even an 18-20. I will do my best to remember which character has this available, but I am juggling a bunch of players here, and in the end, it falls upon you to keep track of what your character can do.

As everyone attacks, I mark off their actions:

21 - Mark [2]
18 - bad guy 1 [2]
15 - bad guy 2 [2]
12 - Steve [1] <====
8 - Mary [1]
7 - bad guy 3 [1]

This shows that everyone has had their first actions, and Mark and bad guys 1 and 2 have used their second attacks, and now Steve is up.

When you are attacked with a ranged weapon, you have the option to dodge the attack. The downside to this is that it uses one of your actions. It can burn through your actions quickly and if you don't watch out, you'll run out of available actions.

In melee combat and you are attacked, you have the added option to parry. The advantage to this is that it doesn't use an action, but Steve with his sword can't quite block a bullet or energy blast, so there are times when the only options are to dodge or let yourself get hit.

21 - Mark [2] <====
18 - bad guy 1 [2]
15 - bad guy 2 [2]
12 - Steve [3]
8 - Mary [2]
7 - bad guy 3 [2]

See how Steve has used up three of his actions and everyone else has only used two? He used one to dodge.

When everyone has used up all of their actions, that round is over and a new one begins.

Here is a quick copy/paste from my Rifts game that I go with.

For those that have not been in a Palladium game before, here is a quick rundown of the rules for combat and how I run things in the PbP system.

Everyone gets a number of attack actions that are listed on your sheet. As we go through the combat, I will keep track of how many actions you have used in the fight in a running chart that I will post with each person's action. It will look like this, and will count down the Initiative count for who is next up in the fight:

21 - Mark <====
18 - bad guy 1
15 - bad guy 2
12 - Steve
8 - Mary
7 - bad guy 3

In the example above, Mark has a initiative of 21 and goes first, and the arrow indicates that it is his turn. He declares his first action, and makes a to-hit roll. For sake of saving time, you can also post your damage at this point, and if you hit, I'll mark whichever target you hit with the damage. If you miss, I just disregard the damage to the enemy.

The to-hit roll is a d20. A natural 1-4 is a automatic miss, no matter how many bonuses you have, and a '1' is a fumble of some sort, and it can result in you having to clear a jammed weapon or some other effect that is appropriate for the scene and what you are using. On the flipside, a natural 20 is a Critical Strike, and will always hit and do double damage. Some martial arts and combat styles have an extended Critical Strike ranges of 19-20, or even an 18-20. I will do my best to remember which character has this available, but I am juggling a bunch of players here, and in the end, it falls upon you to keep track of what your character can do.

As everyone attacks, I mark off their actions:

21 - Mark [2]
18 - bad guy 1 [2]
15 - bad guy 2 [2]
12 - Steve [1] <====
8 - Mary [1]
7 - bad guy 3 [1]

This shows that everyone has had their first actions, and Mark and bad guys 1 and 2 have used their second attacks, and now Steve is up.

When you are attacked with a ranged weapon, you have the option to dodge the attack. The downside to this is that it uses one of your actions. It can burn through your actions quickly and if you don't watch out, you'll run out of available actions.

In melee combat and you are attacked, you have the added option to parry. The advantage to this is that it doesn't use an action, but Steve with his sword can't quite block a bullet or energy blast, so there are times when the only options are to dodge or let yourself get hit.

21 - Mark [2] <====
18 - bad guy 1 [2]
15 - bad guy 2 [2]
12 - Steve [3]
8 - Mary [2]
7 - bad guy 3 [2]

See how Steve has used up three of his actions and everyone else has only used two? He used one to dodge.

When everyone has used up all of their actions, that round is over and a new one begins.
Perfect. You’re the best. Thanks.

Argh, you had to mention Robotech. How can I say no?

I'm curious who's signed up for what, though. What's the race/OCC spread so far? Is there an obvious niche you're wanting to fill?

The usual suspects, in other words.

Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Were you aware of this?

I'm tanked for the rest of today but I'll take a look at what you've got going on tomorrow. The tag is thoughtful, thank you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back