• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Robotech Interest Check (Robotech 2e)

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
Looking for 3-5 players for a Robotech game. I’d like to focus on the UEEF after the Haydonite attack on Liberty Station. The players will be a squadron of mecha pilots assigned to various missions. The Haydonites themselves will be the focus of the initial campaign. We’ll be using the 2nd edition Shadow Chronicles rules.

Let me know if you’re interested.

Special tag of Sherwood Sherwood , as per request.

EDIT: Character creation as follows:
  • Veritechs, Bioroids, and Destroids are all fine
  • Standard character creation from the 2e book(s)
  • All allied races are allowed
  • Rolls for Attributes will be done in the OOC thread when created
  • Instead of rolling for Special Apptitude Bonus, just choose the one

Last edited:
I am in! Are you looking for fliers or ground pounders? Either way, lets beat up some Invid!

Any special rules for character creation, or is this straight from the books? Any of the alien races (Garudan, Parxian, Zentraedi etc) allowed?

Sherwood Sherwood Thanks, but I am at my hard limit of 4 games (2 of which I'm running). Besides, one of those is a Robotech game and I don't want to have 2 games in the same universe. Still, thanks a bunch for thinking of me! To whomever joins, have a wonderful time together! 8D

Thanks for the thought, but I too am at my limit. ^33^ Good luck to you!

I had expected that you guys might be too busy, but I wanted to give you a heads up. Perhaps next time!

If you know some people that might be interested, give them a nudge, though. I can't get me enough Robotech!

Thanks, everyone! Appreciate you guys sending this around.

Would love to have you Psychie Psychie .

To answer Sherwood Sherwood 's questions:
  • Veritechs, Bioroids, and Destroids are all fine
  • Standard character creation from the 2e book(s)
  • All allied races are allowed

Last edited:
First of all: Thanks for the tag - very much appreciated!

Certainly tempted...I like the universe, gotta give it some thought, though. I'm generally looking for another rp to join, but I can't really promise daily posts at the moment. Depending on the way the rp plays out, that might either be a hindrance, or not.

<gives Silanon a friendly nudge> C'mon! It would be fun to be a player with you, instead of only being the Storyteller. You don't need to post every day, and it will be a lot of fun!

See? I'm not the only one that wants you to join in. Resistance is futile! You will be assimilated! ;D

Darn - seems like I'll have to begin my search for the rulebooks. Where do I find the allied races? Think I might want to take a closer look at those...

Does anyone know if they ever actually define how long it takes to transform your veritech in combat? I think my friends and I always played it as a reflexive/free action.

In the 2e, the new races are found in the new UEEF Marines Sourcebook. Usually, I rule that you can shift your mecha once per action and you can still attack. That keeps a player from shifting, shooting, then shifting back.

How are you wanting to deal with stat rolls? I would suggest that once you get the OOC thread up, we use the dice roller there.

What about our Natural Aptitude Bonus? Do we get to pick them, or are we going to roll randomly on the chart?

In the 2e, the new races are found in the new UEEF Marines Sourcebook. Usually, I rule that you can shift your mecha once per action and you can still attack. That keeps a player from shifting, shooting, then shifting back.

How are you wanting to deal with stat rolls? I would suggest that once you get the OOC thread up, we use the dice roller there.
I like that ruling. Way better than ours from way back. And yes, let’s use the dice roller in the thread once it’s up. Incidentally, I’ll work on putting it up soon so we can get cracking.

What about our Natural Aptitude Bonus? Do we get to pick them, or are we going to roll randomly on the chart?
The Special Apptitude Bonus on page 69? Let’s just pick one instead of rolling. I’ll add it to the list above.

Last edited:
I think we can consider Silanon Silanon our third. :closed eyes open smile: So, I’ll get to work on the thread. If you come across anyone who might be interested, let me know. I’d love to add them.

Cool deal! I'm guessing that since we are playing UEEF troops, it will mostly be a space based game. Will we have a NPC with us? If we do, we can go with a pair of Alpha and Beta fighters.

Anyone have a preference on which one they would like to pilot? I'm open to either Veritech.

Cool deal! I'm guessing that since we are playing UEEF troops, it will mostly be a space based game. Will we have a NPC with us? If we do, we can go with a pair of Alpha and Beta fighters.

Anyone have a preference on which one they would like to pilot? I'm open to either Veritech.
Space for sure, though there will be drop missions onto planets or stations. Also, potential for boarding actions, should the need arise.

Definitely on the NPCs. They’ll round out your squadron. Others will be attached to your squadron for special missions or maneuvers.

To start out, you’ll be part of a larger offensive mission.

I like the idea of being pairs of Alphas and Betas. I was thinking of playing a Garudan, since the Bearmen are too big to fit inside a Veritech - even inside a Beta. Personally, I'd like to go with an Alpha.

The Alpha Beta pairs are important now with Shadow technology unusable. Until they find a work-around, the older Alpha/Beta models will have to do for the bulk of UEEF forces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back