• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Expedition Under Fire

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"Might be impossible to shoot them down one by one - doing my best." One of the delivery systems spits out two missiles as Nora tries to keep up with the others.

Alyxis nods. "I'm going to try and light up a bunch of these things with a saturation blast from my Multi Warhead Missiles. Just need a moment to line up the best angle of attack."

Nora, you score another hit for the team and yet another drone ends in a gout of flame and debris.

And then, the drones swarm you all. You're in the thick of the battle. When you can spare a glance out your cockpit, you see the Cerberus battle the waves of drones that now harass you.

Like gnats, they create a cloud around you all and you find that your senses are attention are at their peak.

Alexis, one bogie comes at you head on, aiming its plasma canon at you. It's about to fire. (13 to hit)

L'n, a drone settles onto your six and is ready to fire. (20 to hit, not natural)

Aymeline, two drones are trail you and match your maneuvers. They both fire at you. One misses completely. (15 to hit on the second)

Nora, a drone comes up fast off your left wing and fires its plasma canon. (7 to hit)

Roll to dodge if you'd like!

Initiative order:

Alyxis 19 (melee 5/6)
L'n 17 (melee 5/6)
Aymeline 17 (melee 4/5)
Nora 5 (melee 4/5)
Drones 4 <————

Alyxis calls out, "Watch it, Hydra! We have just kicked the ant hive and now we get to deal with the results! Everyone, evade!" Taking her own advice, she banks hard over to try and avoid the plasma cannon fire aimed at her.
In the Beta
Number of Attacks: 6
Strike: +8 /+2 with Gun Pods, +3 with Forearm Pulse Cannons
Parry: +10
Dodge: +10 / +12 while Flying
Roll: +6
Initiative: +3
Perception: +2

Beta Stats
Main Body: 515 MDC
Forearm Shields Left: 375
Forearm Shields Right: 375

MM-20 Missile Launchers (2): 40 Short HEAP 2d6x10 MD - 5 mile range
MM-16 Missile Launcher: 16 Short Plasma/Heat 2d6x10 MD - 3 mile range
Wing Hardpoints (6): 6 Medium Multi Warhead 5d6x10 - 80 mile range

L'n calls out, "Copy that, Ghost! Breaking hard left!"
Alpha Bonuses
Strike: +7 - +10 to hit with EU-13
Parry: +9
Dodge: +10 / +12 when flying
Initiative: +7
Perception: +3

Alpha Stats
Main Body: 420

Missile Payload
40 Short HEAP - 2d6x10 MD, 5 mile range - 37 left
20 Short Plasmas - 2d6x10 MD, 3 mile range
8 Mini HEAP - 1d4x10, 1 mile range

Aymeline doesn't bother commenting on her status on the radio. She's much too busy trying to spin her Alpha out of the field of fire of not one but two drones!

No verbal reaction by the Praxian, either - instead just the attempt to break away sideways without colliding with on of the drone's friends. Way too many of them out there...

Alyxis, the plasma beam streaks past your cockpit as you bank away from the shot.

L’n, you bank and the drone behind you misses. The plasma canon’s fire flashes past your undercarriage.

Aymeline, your evasive maneuvers pay off. The result is a singe on your port wing, but nothing truly damaging. The plasma hadn’t actually connected, but passed just above.

Nora, with ease, you break away from the drone’s fire, keeping yourself in a good position for your next shot.

Alyxis, you’re up!

Round 2 Initiative:
Alyxis 19 (melee 4/6) <————

L'n 17 (melee 4/6)
Aymeline 17 (melee 3/5)
Nora 5 (melee 3/5)
Drones 4

Last edited:
Alyxis arcs about, trying to do something to clear the air of these damn drones. She works her combat computer to try and do an area of effect shot with the wing mounted missiles, hoping to use the missile blast to shatter more than one target at once.
Just barely made my Weapon System roll by just one percent. Each missile does 5d6x10 damage; do you want me to roll a single missile damage or all six?

In the Beta

Beta Stats

Wing Hardpoints (6): 6 / 0 Medium Multi Warhead 5d6x10 - 80 mile range

Alyxis, in a incredible display of skill, you calculate trajectories on your combat computer while weaving in and out of enemy drones. You fire off your wing missiles after making your guidance adjustments. Space is lit up with six massive explosions, engulfing six drones at once. You fly through the dissipating flame.

L'n, your turn!

Round 1, turn 2 Initiative:

Alyxis 19 (melee 3/6)
L'n 17 (melee 4/6) <————
Aymeline 17 (melee 3/5)
Nora 5 (melee 3/5)
Drones 4

Last edited:
L'n smiles as she sees the effect of Alyxis' missile barrage. Time for me to lay out some of my own damage! She lines up a drone in her sights, and decides to try a pair of her Plasma missiles against it.
Probably a miss with a total of an 11.

Alpha Bonuses

Alpha Stats

Missile Payload
20 Short Plasmas - 2d6x10 MD, 3 mile range - 18 left

L'n, your plasma missile disintegrates another drone. There isn’t even dust as the blast dissipates.

Aymeline, you’re up!

Alyxis 19 (melee 3/6)
L'n 17 (melee 3/6)
Aymeline 17 (melee 3/5) <————
Nora 5 (melee 3/5)
Drones 4

Replicating their squad leader's trick with the missiles is completely beyond her. Aymeline openly gawks in her cockpit at the spectacular display. Then she grimaces, weaves through more fire and launches another three missiles into the fray. She can't duplicate it but she can at least take some of the attacking drones out. The situation looks more and more suicidal by the second but her Veritech's still intact, as is her squad. With luck, they might all make it...

Aymeline, you pull hard and roll between several drones. The maneuvers press you deeper into your seat. One moment it’s like an elephant sitting on your chest. The next, you’re looking for a lock.

You get a good tone and launch. Another drone down in an explosive gout of flame and chemicals.

Nora, it’s your turn!

Alyxis 19 (melee 4/6)
L'n 17 (melee 4/6)
Aymeline 17 (melee 2/5)
Nora 5 (melee 3/5) <————
Drones 4

Countless drones in all directions - one might expect it'd be quite easy to find a decent target, but it certainly gets harder if dozens of others might hit your Beta's rear in response. Finally, one of them aligns with the high-tech delivery systems, and two missiles fly off to reduce their numbers by one. Makes you wonder if Hydra even brought enough missiles to gun all of them down eventually...

Nora, your ordinance finds its mark even in this chaos. The resulting explosion sends debris into the battle. Another one down.

Despite all of your professional efforts and maneuvers, the drones do their best to shoot you all down.

Alyxis, two drones are set to cross on either side of your bow, ready to fire. (16 to hit on the first and 5 to hit on the second)

L'n, a new drone takes up your six and trying to get a shot. (11 to hit)

Aymeline, you see two drones coming down on you from above, aiming their plasma canons. (17 to hit on the first and a miss on the second)

Nora, off your port side you can see a drone working its way toward your six, looking for a shot. (9 to hit)

You may roll to dodge!

Alyxis 19 (melee 3/6)
L'n 17 (melee 3/6)
Aymeline 17 (melee 2/5)
Nora 5 (melee 2/5)
Drones 4 <————

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai Is there enough time for me to switch to Battloid mode and to try to Parry instead of dodging?

If not, I will shift on my next action and just dodge now.
In the Beta

Beta Stats

Wing Hardpoints (6): 6 / 0 Medium Multi Warhead 5d6x10 - 80 mile range

L'n will do her best to dodge out of the way.
Alpha Bonuses

Alpha Stats

Missile Payload
20 Short Plasmas - 2d6x10 MD, 3 mile range - 18 left

I will then go ahead and try to take the hits on my arm shields. +10 to Parry.

Looks like I am able to block just one on my shield. I'll take it on the left one.

Meanwhile, Aymeline once more spins her Veritech into a frantic roll to evade the incoming plasma gun fire. There's so many drones, though, and her ability to track those who have a line of sight on her is practically nil.

With a white-knuckled grip on her controls, the Tirolian grimaces against the g-force pressure of making a tight turn...

(Whew, made it!)

Every shot you take, whether successful or not, means taking a risk as well - dividing your attention to make the missiles count means less attention on the short-range radar. And with countless foes everywhere around them, one will surely seize the opportunity. The Praxian pilot is prepared, however - the escape route is in her mind even before the missiles begin their journey to turn tech to dust. It's just a matter of execution at this point; a matter of reflexes and countless hours of practise.

Alyxis, you shift into battloid and deflect one plasma shot. The second you take directly in the shield. (10 M.D.)

L'n, you roll out of the just before the drone on your six fires. His plasma shot streaks past you.

Aymeline, you pull into a tight turn and and the both drones miss their shots.

Nora, you weave your way through the battle and in doing so, the drone coming up on you fires wide and misses.

End Initiative
(500 XP)

You have put enough of a dent in the enemy forces and drawn enough of their fire that Cerberus is able to break free. They’ve lost one Veritech in the fighting, but it could have been much worse, if not for your actions.

The UES Vanguard arrives and engages. Not only is the ship firing its cannons, but it unleashes salvo after salvo of guided missiles. In addition, four Veritech squadrons disembark and engage the drones.

“We’re pulling out!” Lieutenant Price says to you Alyxis over the Command channel. Sure enough, Cerberus disengages and blasts in the direction of the Vanguard.

Alyxis, the young face of the Comms Officer appears on your scope, as before. “Hydra One, this is Command,” she says. “Pull your squadron back to the Vanguard for refit. The Vanguard will cover you.”

To disengage, roll pilot skill, -10% for the number drones and the battle.

L'n hears the order from the Vanguard to pull back not a moment too soon. The problem is, there are so dang many drones out here, it will make breaking off difficult. She calls out, "Tigger here! Breaking off! Or, at least I'm gonna try!"
Pilot Veritech Skill 55%

Alyxis grins. Those Cerberus assholes might not acknowledge the debt that they owe us, but we all know why they are still alive! "You hear the lady, Hydra! Break off and return to the ship!"

She kicks in her boosters, hoping that that extra dose of speed will help her out of the furball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back