• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech - Expedition Under Fire (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I'd say it depends - if all we're doing is firing a bunch of missiles in turns, then I'd likely prefer a faster route; simply because it might feel repetitive after a while. If, however, the fights are similar to what we've seen thus far in that there's different stuff to do as well, then I'd probably be fine fighting five full rounds straight without even noticing. Perhaps with short breaks in-between to share a few words, or with a change of scenery to offer new options...

Additional thoughts: I do like hard missions. Those are quite often the most memorable ones.

I've enjoyed the combat pacing of this game so far. If you want to stretch this scenario out further, though, I"m up for that.

I mean, I still haven't actually taken a hit to my mech.

(And now that I've said it, I'm asking for trouble).

Could you mention those kind of things after I had a chance to detach my Beta from your flying coffin?

No worries - just a short question: If I decide to take offensive maneuvers and shoot down stuff, do I still roll to strike and damage, or is the weapon system roll all that is required?

No worries - just a short question: If I decide to take offensive maneuvers and shoot down stuff, do I still roll to strike and damage, or is the weapon system roll all that is required?
Great question. These will be conflict-focused rolls instead of single actions. So, they cover more than single attacks. Going offensive, you will be shooting down several bogies. No need for strike and damage.

Actually, I just changed my mind. I’m changing the offensive to just a single strike roll. No damage roll needed.

For all of them, describe what you do and then roll.

Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Epiphany Epiphany Silanon Silanon

It's totally in-character that those shots don't hit - it's a foot soldier in a plane, after all. That said, I wouldn't mind hitting something at some point :D

Also: Thanks for the clarification!

Just wondering, my Dodge bonus is a +12, and that is pretty substantial. Is there any way that I can apply that dodge bonus to my Pilot Veritech roll to try and keep L'n and Alyxis from getting toasted? Or are we going with d20 rolls now? I just want to be sure I'm going to do this right.

Just wondering, my Dodge bonus is a +12, and that is pretty substantial. Is there any way that I can apply that dodge bonus to my Pilot Veritech roll to try and keep L'n and Alyxis from getting toasted? Or are we going with d20 rolls now? I just want to be sure I'm going to do this right.
A million days later: Oh yeah, totally fine. I think we'll do that in the future, as long as it makes sense narratively and we write it in as such.

In a sudden turn of events, I might have been able to hit something... forgot to mention what exactly I'm targeting, though, I'm aiming at the guys outside of the building.

Hmmmm. Dragon's still in trouble but we're out of airborne targets.

Silanon Silanon you up for breaking up our joint Alpha/Beta pairing and going Battleoid after those guys?

Epiphany Epiphany Sounds like the best option to me - let's get rid of 'em before Dragon takes too heavy losses.

Just to let everyone know, I'm leaving on Tuesday for Indianapolis for GenCon, and won't be back home until the following Tuesday. I am bringing my laptop with me, but I will not have the same free time to be able to post once the convention starts up on Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back