• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech: Army of the Southern Cross - OOC thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Okay! And it is not proceeded by the "Attention" command?

Sherwood Sherwood EDIT: In the Army I grew up beside, the first command was given followed by the second. I never heard "At Ease!" shouted out by itself in the way "Attention" was. But... it was a different Army back then with definitely different rules than, say, today's. This was before you and I had met (that's how far back my experience goes so talk about dated, right?). =)

EDIT again: SOLVED! Ah! At least one website remembers it as I do. I'm not going nuts then. That's all I wanted to know - if I remembered it right from all that time ago. Sometimes, my hyperactive brain attaches itself to the strangest of curiosities. =)

Last edited:
Back to gaming! Psychie Psychie Cool intro! What are our characters expected to do in the next 48 hours prior to deployment? Party? Buy things "in the World" because God knows when we'll rotate or be reassigned?

I'm asking because I'd like to know how long we'll be in Monument City! Oh, and at this stage, the ruins of the SDF-1, SDF-2, and Khyron's flagship are still here? Or am I confusing things yet again?

Back to gaming! Psychie Psychie Cool intro! What are our characters expected to do in the next 48 hours prior to deployment? Party? Buy things "in the World" because God knows when we'll rotate or be reassigned?

I'm asking because I'd like to know how long we'll be in Monument City! Oh, and at this stage, the ruins of the SDF-1, SDF-2, and Khyron's flagship are still here? Or am I confusing things yet again?
I had to pause my IC post for dinner and some cleanup, but I'm working on some of that right now.

The ruins of the SDF-1, -2 and Khyron's ship are all still nearby, but have been buried under tons of earth and rock to prevent any nasty radiation or other environmental damage from hurting everyone. It is one of the many missions of the ASC to guard the wreck sites to keep people from digging into them and possibly causing a disaster.

Sherwood Sherwood Are you open to the idea that Miyazaki has approached Steven several times during training for Spartas-related guidance? If so, she would feel indebted to him for any help he provided in helping her graduate. And besides, I'd like to make a little more foundation between our little team here. =)

What do you think? If true, I'll add it to a future post.

* * *​

In other news, at first I thought Miyazaki would come off a bit like an alluring French-tinged librarian, but I didn't want her to be known for the legendary romantic and sexual connotations involved with those passionate people. Miyazaki is passionate, but I don't think she's quite French in attitude when it comes to her passions.

So... how about English? Then I thought about the countless British-accented intelligence agents and smart beautiful women that are found all over video games, movies, and elsewhere. No, she's not quite English either, I think. Civil, sure! Well-spoken? Yeah! Of the British-English approach? No, I don't think so.

Then it dawned on me just now when I'm typing out her response to Sgt. Dorsey. I almost typed "Dorsey-sama." Japanese fits!

And so...

In Miyazaki's case, I'm "Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so!"

"Turning Japanese" by The Vapors. This song has always been so very catchy! =)

Hmm. But I don't have the Skill slots for her to learn Japanese. Oh well! She can definitely decide to follow the lifestyle even if her linguistics in that department is less than fluent. Yeah, I'm going to have Miyazaki hop onto this train and see how far it takes her! And then I'm going back to bed. Man, I'm just so bushed all of the time! =)

Which begs the question - are our characters including Nova on a first-name basis? I mean, Dorsey stated his stance, but the rest of us? Miyazaki doesn't mind it being so with any of them.

"Second, while we may be assigned to work together, we are not yet a team. I want to have us spend a lot of time together, training, exercising, eating, what have you, until we all know how the other people in the squad think, to be able to know that your squad has your six, and we can all rely upon you for the same. Obviously, it will take some time to hammer that out, but we can't get that done until we get started."
Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention - I like Dorsey! Good first impression! Nova too, but Dorsey moreso at this stage. =)

Sherwood Sherwood Sherwood Sherwood Are you open to the idea that Miyazaki has approached Steven several times during training for Spartas-related guidance? If so, she would feel indebted to him for any help he provided in helping her graduate. And besides, I'd like to make a little more foundation between our little team here. =)

What do you think? If true, I'll add it to a future post.
Sure. It will help shift Steven's perception of Miya from just some Zentraedi to a fellow tanker and comrade.

Sure. It will help shift Steven's perception of Miya from just some Zentraedi to a fellow tanker and comrade.
Great! And I think I know just how to include that into our story when I post next, too. =)

Cool! I think I have created a character I can play for the long-term in Miyazaki! Thanks for the help, you two! Just a few days ago, I didn't have much and now this! I am glad I made Felis though; I don't think there would have been a Miya if I hadn't made Felis first. =)

I am having a really fun time finding Miya's voice and it is a very pleasant distraction from my COVID-19. =)

Sherwood Sherwood

Now, how to describe an arcade to someone that has never heard of one before? "An arcade is a place of business where people can go to play specialized video games for entertainment purposes. The older arcade games were all two-dimensional, but for the time, they were state-of-the-art. Newer ones are three-dimensional, and the graphics look like you are in the middle of the game for real. Some are racing games, either in some kind of ground or air vehicle, or you can have a strategy game. Or a combat simulator of some sort. Lots of options."
I just have to tell you - I love this reference! Of all places we might go (GM discretion), Flynn's Arcade! "Greetings programs! "

End of Line. =)

Just a quick heads-up; I got a poke on the interest thread from a fellow named GunMan2, asking about the game. I've answered him, asking for some information from him, but he's not responded yet. But, it may mean we have another player that might be joining in the game soon.

Cool. Looking forward to it.

I still wonder what has happened to WlfSamurai. I hope he's ok.

Me, too. I wonder if he's got Covid, and is laid up in the hospital because of it. It happened to both of us, so its not beyond the realm of possibilities.

GunMan2 GunMan2 is going to be joining us, and will be making his rolls here shortly. He has asked me to make up his sheet, so once I have his numbers, I will get to work. Lets all give him a warm welcome.

What kind of character are you looking to pull into this?

Ok i think that one is busted i got a few 6's and 1's in that thing

You should see the rolls I had. There was one with probably five '1's' in it. Thanks to Psy for letting us reroll them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back