• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech: Army of the Southern Cross - OOC thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Awesome, awesome. Southern Cross era? Sounds good. Which books will we be working from? Are there 2e Southern Cross books?

Yes. You use the Shadow Chronicles core book for your skills, but the OCC descriptions are all in the 2e Robotech Masters books. Do you have them? I know that Sherwood does have them on PDF, and I can ask him to share them with you on Dropbox.

Yes. You use the Shadow Chronicles core book for your skills, but the OCC descriptions are all in the 2e Robotech Masters books. Do you have them? I know that Sherwood does have them on PDF, and I can ask him to share them with you on Dropbox.
I do, actually, have them. Okay, let me start churning on my character. I’ll roll stats here when I can.

Actually, do you have any plans on squad/mecha type or anything? Or for what kind of story? I enjoy your games, so I’m open to whatever.

I am wanting to go with the Spartas Hover Tank. I did post a copy of the write-up for it in the Lore section, with a tweak on the damage of the weapon output for the Eu-11 rifle. You are going to be using the version with the 105mm shells in it, not the particle cannon (yet).

I am wanting to go with the Spartas Hover Tank. I did post a copy of the write-up for it in the Lore section, with a tweak on the damage of the weapon output for the Eu-11 rifle. You are going to be using the version with the 105mm shells in it, not the particle cannon (yet).
Oh perfect! Awesome. Love the Spartas.

Admittedly, Southern Cross is my least watched part of the Robotech franchise. But, I still enjoyed the RPG books.

Rolling for stats…

So, I rolled:
25, 14, 11, 13, 12, 14, 17, 21

So, final stats would be (with your free 24):
24, 25, 21, 17, 14, 14, 13, 12

Last edited:
Psychie Psychie Okay, I... have to ask out of sheer interest. Psychie? Is this just for you and wolf Samurai? I don't see anybody else here. Of course, I often miss out on interest checks.

Also, I see that you're using my version of Jeet Kune Do 2.0 in here. Glad you like it enough to put into your games. =)

Also, WlfSamurai WlfSamurai I didn't know you were a Robotech fan. =)

Hey Dannigan Dannigan . Not just for WlfSamurai, but I was looking for people that had not been in the first run of the game so I could pull out my notes without having anyone spoil the surprises I have in store. That's why I didn't invite you or Sherwood, since both of you were in the last run.

I have posted an interest thread and reached out to some of the other gamers that I rub elbows with here, but everyone is either too busy or not interested in a Palladium/Robotech game. :( If you know of someone that might be interested in this, feel free to give them a nudge in my direction, and of course, you are always welcome to pop in and look around as much as you'd like!

Psychie Psychie Okay, I... have to ask out of sheer interest. Psychie? Is this just for you and wolf Samurai? I don't see anybody else here. Of course, I often miss out on interest checks.

Also, I see that you're using my version of Jeet Kune Do 2.0 in here. Glad you like it enough to put into your games. =)

Also, WlfSamurai WlfSamurai I didn't know you were a Robotech fan. =)
Oh yes. I love Robotech. And used to play tabletop with old friends a long time ago.

It was much later, still many years back, when Sherwood ran a few Robotech games that I got play. And then some more with Psychie, too.

Anyway, it’s a guilty pleasure. I’m not a huge Palladium fan, but it’s serviceable enough to enjoy. And I’ve always loved the Robotech RPG technical readouts of all the mecha.

Psychie Psychie Ah! Uhh, whoa. Yes, I found your Interest Check and now I think I understand clearly. I didn't realize you wanted all-new Players. The following thoughts are rushing through my ADHD-addled mind:

1. I was interested in joining here because you are GMing and I remember the fun we had. I trust you as a GM. I had a new Character concept but now I need to let that go.

2. The Anton-17 storyline has been used by others and it wasn't exactly new to me our first time around. I've been gaming Dungeons & Dragons modules for so long that going through the same module even with the same Dungeon Master is never the same experience twice.

But... I should keep in mind and respect that you are looking for entirely new people and I guess that has just thrown me off - I wasn't expecting that at all. That is no one's fault though. =)

3. I don't think I know anyone that you don't who would be interested in a Robotech game. If that somehow changes, I'll let you know.

4. Thanks, but I don't feel comfortable just peeking; I'd want to play this too much. You were a terrific GM and that storyline just ran out of steam, not fun or camaraderie. We only had one problem player and once they were ejected, everything was great!

Peeking in here with a situation like this kind of feels like watching a party from outside the house.

5. Ah, I won't disturb you any longer. Good luck and have fun, you two!

Bye!

Oh yes. I love Robotech. And used to play tabletop with old friends a long time ago.

It was much later, still many years back, when Sherwood ran a few Robotech games that I got play. And then some more with Psychie, too.

Anyway, it’s a guilty pleasure. I’m not a huge Palladium fan, but it’s serviceable enough to enjoy. And I’ve always loved the Robotech RPG technical readouts of all the mecha.

Me too! Sherwood introduced me to my first sci-fi role playing game, Robotech, back when we were teenagers. It's always held a special place in my heart ever since.

I created my own sci-fi game elements of Robotech in it. It tickles me to this day that Sherwood is the name of Sherwood's character in our game all those years ago - his name for RP Nation! I just love that!

Sorry, but my brain is moving really fast. Have fun!

Aww, now I feel bad for not having you in the game. I would love to have you if you can promise to behave and not let slip any of my secrets.

Hold that thought. Real Life has me distracted. I'll get back to this as soon as I can.

Last edited:
I hate to say no to my good friends. You said you already had a concept, and I absolutely love your gaming style, so how can I turn you down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back