• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech: Army of the Southern Cross - OOC thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Also, Psychie Psychie remind me after this fight? I already have a couple of tips that you may benefit from. =)

Ok then what is the md a kick to the butt
Um, if you don't mind my popping in here to answer - it depends.

1. If the Kick Attack is successful, Chris will inflict 1d8+13 (wow!) S.D.C. damage to the jerk.
2. If, however, the Kick Attack is a Critical Strike (as determined by Psychie) and it is successful, these numbers are doubled to 2d8+26 (YIKES!).

I recommend rolling a d8 and Psychie will let you know what happened from there? =)

The mod on the kick? What do you mean?

1. If the Kick Attack is successful, Chris will inflict 1d8+13 (wow!) S.D.C. damage to the jerk.
2. If, however, the Kick Attack is a Critical Strike (as determined by Psychie) and it is successful, these numbers are doubled to 2d8+26 (YIKES!).
Wow thats a lot of damage he can do. And i was lucky i got that one time bonus on ps score.

Ps. Sorry i did not notice that mod on physical streanght

Right! Kitty's not messing with Chris, that's for sure! Hee hee. =) Yeah, nice 6 on that roll too!

I'm off to bed. Take care and stay safe! =)

With a quick motion, Chris blocks the incoming punch and manages to work his way behind the guy swinging on him, landing a fierce kick in his lower back that draws a grunt from the guy. He's hurt, but far from being out of the fight.
Was this a critical hit? Spiders and audiences can you really tell because it's usually begun with a collective exchange of grimaces followed by "OOOHH!" sounds. =)

With a grim smile, Steven will try a Reverse Turning Kick (combination dodge/kick maneuver) to sidestep the grapple and land a hit on the fellow.

I don't know if my kick will be able to go off with the '1' for my dodge.
Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood I know the answer but I don't want to share it without Psychie's O.K. first. In other words, I'll share if it's welcome, but easily dismiss if it's not. Psychie? =)

Sherwood Sherwood I know the answer but I don't want to share it without Psychie's O.K. first. In other words, I'll share if it's welcome, but easily dismiss if it's not. Psychie? =)
I don't see how a kick attack would be able to work with a grapple/tackle, but I may be wrong. Share, please?

Yes, it was a crit, but the grunt has lots of SDC to go through still. Even so, it was a solid hit!
Oh sure! =) From this Player's perspective, there is a notable difference if an opponent grunts after eating a normal hit as opposed to taking a shot that did twice the damage. That tells me roughly where his S.D.C. level is.

That's all about reading an opponent in Real Life. =)

I don't see how a kick attack would be able to work with a grapple/tackle, but I may be wrong. Share, please?
My pleasure!

Easy. By intercepting the would-be grappler before they can wrap your arms around you. I have lured Grapplers in Real Life into such hits before and it works well (in fact, it can be devastating to them) if they don't see it.

However, I also saw that Sherwood rolled a 1 on his Dodge (possible fumble in some GMs' games) and that got my attention and then made me wonder how you'd handle that.

By the way, I think you handled it superbly. If the Dodge fails, the Reverse Turning Kick technique is useless (automatic failure. No Roll needed). The kick relies on the "Turning of the Dodge" if you will (the spinning motion of the body) in order to be successful.

Timing is everything.

That was my thought, too. If Sherwood hadn't blew the roll so bad, he would have been fine. As they say, "The Dice Giveth, and The Dice Taketh Away."

That was my thought, too. If Sherwood hadn't blew the roll so bad, he would have been fine. As they say, "The Dice Giveth, and The Dice Taketh Away."
Oh yeah. Every Reverse Turning Kick is a gamble.

Now, let me ask you: you have established that the grappler has Sherwood's character in a grapple. Yes, but you have also established that they're on the floor (not in a standing grapple).

Does that change anything for you?

It will be harder for Sherwood to get out of it with the two of them rolling about, but if he's creative, he can do it.

I'm not sure; I'm not an expert on hand to hand fighting. I am just trying to be realistic in this to give a good time.

I'm not sure; I'm not an expert on hand to hand fighting. I am just trying to be realistic in this to give a good time.
I figured that's where you be coming from and from GM to GM, I think that's a good place to be. =)

I want you to be aware that you have options. In a game like this, you can simply say only wrestling moves are allowed. Or you can say that Steven has his full arsenal available to him. Even from the ground. The choice is yours, but, as a GM, this is one of those things where your decision plays a crucial role in how seems like these play out, right?

In Real Life (and in Robotech: Broadsword) the Muay Thai guy is in serious trouble! This is especially true if the guy who has them on the ground has wrestling skills. Sherwood Sherwood , pay attention, buddy! Steven is where Mario least wants to be (on the ground against the grappler)! And where someone like Hercules most wants to be, if you get my meaning. =) but that's in my game, and this is Psychie's.

It is completely up to the GM on how technical or not technical the game gets. Fun is subjective. I'm having fun just playing this game as it is!

It will be harder for Sherwood to get out of it with the two of them rolling about, but if he's creative, he can do it.
So, if I am reading you right, Psychie, Steven has to get out of his position? What options does Steven have? =)

All I'm trying to do here is show things from a martial artist's perspective. And if that aids you and makes everyone happy, great! And if it doesn't, also great! Some people like a technical game, others don't.

I'm interested in knowing what everyone thinks is fun! =)

I guess what I'm saying is, I'm offering to help you if you want a little more if a technical game.

And if everyone likes that idea. I can help add "martial arts flavoring" without spoiling with too many technical details. =)

Some true martial arts flavor adds excitement, creates curiosities, and a little bit of real life goodness to the game. If everyone is on board. If one person doesn't like it, I can drop this like an old hat. =)

P.S. This can be as simple as you allowing me to let you know if I see something that is clearly not practical or possible, to you approaching me if you have doubts on how martial techniques things work. And I can advise you as you wish. That's all. =)

Last edited:
Back from the party. Lots of screaming 8-10 year olds running around on sugar and having fun. A good time was had by my little one.

Now then, as for the fight, I am always open to suggestions as to what to do to improve my own game mastering and playing, so sure. I would love to see how some of the more gritty maneuvers would work in the game.

Psychie Psychie A quick mechanics question: are Stevens' arms free or are they pinned to his sides?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back