• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech: Army of the Southern Cross - OOC thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I think I was in an older iteration of the Anton-17 story a long while ago. I don’t remember much of it, though. I just remember having fun with it.

I used it before in my last game, running a Malcontent Uprising story arc before getting into the Robotech Master Invasion. I like the hover tanks and the Zentraedi, so why not combine two good things?

Wow! Thank you, Psychie!

I promise not to spill your secrets especially the one about you liking the Muppets so much but no one knows about that.

Uhh, between Real Life and this, I'm kind of thrown off but now in a really good way! Twice today, you have thrown things my wat that I have not expected and this time, it is a delight! =)

Here. I threw this concept together in about 10 minutes or so, it's not much yet. Sorry, I'm communicating from my phone.

Full-blooded Meltrandi. Hunter-killer. Freshly-cloned and trained by ASC. Not a leader. Not insane like Lt. Ridge, not an engineer like Gabi, but definitely not human.

Concept: Natural-born killer and joyous servant to those she is loyal to. Naive. Curious. Free-willed.

There is something about Masamune Shirow's Appleseed in her.

She ("Tess?" "Pris?") Is full of life and wants to live as much as she can before she dies. She believes she will have a short existence as is the habit of most Zentraedi.

Quote: "I swear by my heritage, I shall grind Earth's enemies into blood-caked dust. Humanity's enemies are my enemies. Until the Earth is free again."

"I wish to feel alive. Will you teach me?"

"Your will, my lord. I exist to serve."

Has short hair. Athletic. Unconsciously affectionate and sometimes sensual. Too young to know what life is all about. No domestic skills. Her entire life is like that of feudal-day Ninja assassin, completely focused on the hunting and thwarting of her Lord's foes.

Jeet Kune Do is her method of martial thinking.

I will throw in some more details later tonight if Real Life allows.

EDIT: I tossed it into a spoiler because I want it to take up less space in your OOC channel here. =)

Last edited:
Just a rough draft. I didn't think I'd be playing her and was in the process of tossing her out of my mind. All subject to change.

"Mistress Intuition" by Veela.

Sorry for shorthand thoughts. Distracted but happy!

Psychie Psychie Hooray! My brain has chilled out a bit and now I can type better again. What OOCs are you allowing here? Anything that can pilot a VHT? Because that's a pretty small list, isn't it?

EDIT: I don't mean to say I have a problem with that; I just can't think of more than three OOCs that come with VHT piloting and I'm wondering if that's your intent?

Also, as always, would you please roll your dice for me (for Attributes)?

Are you okay with a pure-blooded Meltrandi PC? Just because you have an NPC doesn't mean I'm willing to take that race for granted.

Last edited:
Wow. Quite an enthusiastic response! Very flattering! Thank you. :)

I don't mind you playing a Zentraedi in this. In fact, unless I edit one of the planned NPCs, you wouldn't be the only one in the team.

As far as available OCCs, I will allow ATAC (obviously), GMP, and the Tactical Corps. You will have to pick either a MOS package that teaches the Pilot Ground Veritech and MECT skills or use your OCC Related or your Secondary skills in order to do so. If you pick an MOS with one of the Battloid pilot skills, you can swap it out for the Spartas VHT instead.

I will, of course, roll your numbers for you.

Characters are all members of the Army of the Southern Cross, and you need to choose your OCC from that book. You do not have to take the ATAC OCC, but if you go with another class (such as GMP or Tactical Corps), you have to be able to pilot the Spartas Hover Tank with the MECT for it.

As this reads, it's only ATAC OOC, GMP, or Tac Corp. My gal is definitely no cop and probably not just a straight-up tanker if she can instead be... what? I've done the Special Forces Tac Corp thing and it was fun but...

...the concept of the Meltrandi "assassin" if you will is kind of cool but the more I think about it, the more it doesn't really go with the groove of your game and I'm a little worried that she might not have staying ability as a long-term Character if you get my meaning?

Not that I have anything else in mind, but are you open to other OOCs that could purchase their way up to VHT training, say, like substitute Myrmidon or play a class that has another mech (like Destroid pilot like Doug)? If not, I'll just go with Tac Corp again.

* * *​

Theses are the specialized Martial Art styles allowed:

Character Bonuses
Add 2 to I.Q.
Add 3 to P.P.
Add 2 to P.S.
Add 2 to P.E.
Attacks per Melee: 3
Escape Moves: Roll, Maintain Balance, Breakfall.
Basic Defenses: Parry, Dodge, Automatic Parry.
Advanced Defenses: Combination Parry/Attack.
Hand Attacks: Strike (d6), Backhand (d6), Elbow (d6), Fingertip Attack (1 point), Forearm (d6), Palm Strike (d6), Power Punch (double-damage, counts as two attacks), Uppercut (d10).
Foot Attacks: Kick (d8), Crescent Kick (d10), Knee (d6), Reverse Turning Kick (Combination Dodge/Kick, 2d6 damage, 1/round), Roundhouse Kick (3d6), Side Kick (d10), Snap Kick (d6), Trip/Hook (no damage, causes knockdown, cannot be parried).
Jumping Attacks: Jump Kick (d8 + Critical Strike), Flying Jump Kick (d10 + Critical Strike).
Special Attacks: Body Flip/Throw, Choke, plus...
- Bite (grappling range only. 1-2 damage + 1/2 strength bonus [maximum +3]. Opponent must Save vs. Pain [14] or release hold/lock).
- Eye-flick (No damage. Opponent is -2 to Strike, Parry, and Dodge for one melee round).
- Head-butt (in-fighting and grappling range only, d8 damage).
- Self-knowledge (Special! The Jeet Kune Do may learn a martial art technique from any other system [subject to GM approval). Signature techniques [like Aikido's Knife-hand Knockout and Thai Kick Boxing's Lightning Form] cannot be learned. Techniques with a "prerequisite" must be learned in order. For example, to learn Automatic Elbow Hold, one must first learn Elbow Hold. "Take what is useful and develop from there." - Lee).
Holds/Locks: Arm Lock, Leg Hold, Wrist Lock.
Level Advancement Bonuses
1st - +1 to Perception, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge.
2nd - Eye-flick + Roundhouse combination (one Strike roll for both effects), +1 to Initiative, +1 to Strike, +1 to damage.
3rd - Self-knowledge, +1 Attack per Round, Critical Hit on a natural roll of 19 or higher.
4th - Way of the Intercepting Fist (Special! Once per round, upon his opponent's attack, the JKD artist may attempt to Simultaneously Attack the opponent. If successful, the JKD artist has the option to intercept before the opponent's strike connects. If the JKD artist's strike is successful, roll damage. The opponent must Save vs. Pain [14]. Failing the saving throw results in the opponent losing his attempted attack), +1 to Strike, +1 to Parry, +1 to Dodge.
5th - Flying Side Kick causes knockdown, +1 Attack per Round, Critical Hit on a natural roll of 18 or higher.
6th - Self-knowledge, One-Inch Punch (Special! May only be used once per melee, and must be the first attack used that round; does 2D6 damage + knockdown), +1 to Initiative, +1 to Strike, +1 to Damage.
7th - Flying Side Kick does 4d6 damage + knockdown, +1 Attack per Round, +1 to Perception, +2 to Body Flip/Throw.
8th - +1 to Initiative, +1 to Strike, +1 to Damage, Critical Hit on a natural roll of 17 or higher.
9th - Self-knowledge, +1 to Parry, +1 to Dodge, Knockout on a natural roll of 19 or higher.
10th - One-Inch Punch causes 4d6 damage + knockdown, +1 Attack per Round, +1 to Roll, +1 to Body Flip/Throw.
11th - Death Blow on a natural roll of 19 or higher. Critical Hit on a natural roll of 16 or higher.
12th - Self-knowledge, +1 to Initiative, +1 to Strike, +1 to Damage.
13th - +1 to Parry, +1 to Dodge, Knockout on a natural roll of 18 or higher.
14th - Death Blow on a natural roll of 18 or higher, +2 to Perception.
15th - Self-knowledge, +1 Attack per Round, Critical Hit on a natural roll of 15 or higher.

I mean this in the best and happiest way possible - I don't mind you or Sherwood using my Jeet Kune Do 2.0, but would you pretty please provide credit? I'm kind of proud I wrote that up and that's mine.

Under "Illegal or Immoral Content" in the Site Rules (underline mine):

"Copyright, Sharing, and Plagiarism
Users are prohibited from sharing content that is copyright-protected and explicitly restricted from public sharing. This includes all media, as well as original written works. In the case of original written content created by other users on RpNation, The Staff advises that permission is sought to use this content and credit to the original author included. Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. RpNation will respect legitimate claims for DMCA."

Just something like "Shared with permission by its creator, Dannigan" maybe?

* * *​

How are you working Muay Thai's LIghtning Form in mech combat?

* * *​

Also Dannigan Dannigan , just to keep things easier, I will use the same dice roll numbers instead of trying to modify the Zentraedi stats for this.
Oh, I wouldn't want any Zentraedi bonuses anyway - that's not why I play them.

But... going back to what I was saying earlier - I think maybe a human tank-techie might better fit this game? I've got Leona from Dominion: Tank Police in my head ("BONAPARTE!"). You've read/seen that, right?

The idea of swapping out Battloid training for VHT is really great! That makes for far more than three available OCCs.

EDIT: I just reread what you wrote. I'll try to come up with something! =)

Last edited:
As this reads, it's only ATAC OOC, GMP, or Tac Corp. My gal is definitely no cop and probably not just a straight-up tanker if she can instead be... what? I've done the Special Forces Tac Corp thing and it was fun but...

...the concept of the Meltrandi "assassin" if you will is kind of cool but the more I think about it, the more it doesn't really go with the groove of your game.

Not that I have anything else in mind, but are you open to other OOCs that could purchase their way up to VHT training, say, like substitute Myrmidon or play a class that has another mech (like Destroid pilot like Doug)? If not, I'll just go with Tac Corp again.
If you take a Tac Corps specialty that gives the Myrmidon tank as an option, you can change it to get the Spartas easy-peasy, unless you wish to take the recon tank as your vehicle of choice. If you do that, I'll let you use the Eu-11 Gun Pod as standard gear. Please note that I updated the damage numbers for the Eu-11 weapon to do more damage than the man-portable weapons described. I always thought that was just plain silly.
I mean this in the best and happiest way possible - I don't mind you or Sherwood using my Jeet Kune Do 2.0, but would you pretty please provide credit? I'm kind of proud I wrote that up and that's mine.
I will edit the JKD write up to reflect that. No offense meant, and none taken.
How are you working Muay Thai's LIghtning Form in mech combat?
It will not be usable in the mecha. While the VHT is fast and nimble, it just doesn't have the mobility needed to pull off the Lightning Form.
Oh, I wouldn't want any Zentraedi bonuses anyway - that's not why I play them.

But... going back to what I was saying earlier - I think maybe a human tank-techie might better fit this game? I've got Leona from Dominion: Tank Police in my head ("BONAPARTE!"). You've read/seen that, right?

The idea of swapping out Battloid training for VHT is really great! That makes for far more than three available OCCs.
It's been a while since I've seen Dominion: Tank Police, but from what I remember, it was rather good. It is up to you if you wish to go with a human or Zentraedi; I am willing to work with either one. The attributes will be the same for each, it would mostly be for the different background option.

Don't forget that even with only a few OCCs available, you have some customization with the different MOS packages you can go with.

If you take a Tac Corps specialty that gives the Myrmidon tank as an option, you can change it to get the Spartas easy-peasy, unless you wish to take the recon tank as your vehicle of choice. If you do that, I'll let you use the Eu-11 Gun Pod as standard gear. Please note that I updated the damage numbers for the Eu-11 weapon to do more damage than the man-portable weapons described. I always thought that was just plain silly.
That makes two of us.

I think the Myrmidon, despite its stealthy goodness, is more of a liability in the kinds of straight-up fracases that the VHTs tend to find themselves in. So it's VHT or go home! =)

I will edit the JKD write up to reflect that. No offense meant, and none taken.
Likewise. Thank you!

It will not be usable in the mecha. While the VHT is fast and nimble, it just doesn't have the mobility needed to pull off the Lightning Form.
I was hoping you'd say that. I did the same after putting Muay Thai into Broadsword. Having all of your Attacks first in a mech? Errrrr, no. =)

It's been a while since I've seen Dominion: Tank Police, but from what I remember, it was rather good. It is up to you if you wish to go with a human or Zentraedi; I am willing to work with either one. The attributes will be the same for each, it would mostly be for the different background option.
I wouldn't have it any other way. =)

Don't forget that even with only a few OCCs available, you have some customization with the different MOS packages you can go with.
Oh, I've been playing so long that sort of thing is ingrained in my brain. It's just telling me that, "No, don't think about going for Test Pilot, Science Officer, or anything like that. It's three basic OCCs for this game!" =)

Here are some attribute numbers for you, rolled with my own polyhedrals.

19, 14, 26, 21, 12, 18, 22, and 13. You get a free 24 to replace your low number, so you can ditch the 13.

Psychie Psychie Here's a question I probably should have asked first - in the spirit of "emptying my cup" (Zen), what kind of Character concepts are you perhaps hoping to see in-game? You were very open to Gabi creating works of technology in your last game, but do you want that in this game? Or would you rather have more combat-oriented Characters that focused on... well... combat?

I guess what I'm trying to ask is - as a Game Master, what kind of tank squadron are you hoping to run with? How can I as your Player help with that?

Hmm. Deep thoughts here. This will be less a customizable fighting force and more a 'standard' tank squad, using the smaller and more maneuverable mecha to get in and out of the thick jungle while you are hunting for the Malcontent forces in the sector. Most of your combat action will be in your mecha, but it is not out of the realm of possibility that you will be engaged in fights out of your rigs. A good, solid war story.

Does that help answer your questions?

A bit. You appear to want to focus on the story and game itself as opposed to tweaks and mechanics that took place in the previous game. I think this game will be smoother than the first if you get my meaning. =)

So... maybe I should go back to the Meltrandi "assassin" concept after all. Hmm! It's getting late. Probably best if I sleep on this and come at it when I wake (especially with some of my favorite coffee in hand)! Thanks for the quick replies, you! You do a good job in working with your Players.

Psychie Psychie I'm going with the Meltrandi "Assassin" concept after all. More questions:

1. She is Meltrandi. Does she really have to pay for her English Skills?

2. Does having duplicated Skills across OCCs increase their percentage (say, you have Land Navigation twice)?

2a. What about Weapon Proficiencies?

3. Would you roll dice for the following, please?
Tac Corp OCC bonuses 1d6 to P.S., +5d6+8 S.D.C.
Boxing 3d6 (S.D.C.)
Forced March 1d4 (Spd), 2d6 (S.D.C.)
Gymnastics 2D6 (S.D.C.)
Outdoorsmanship 2d6 (S.D.C.)
Running 4d4 (Spd) 1d6 (S.D.C.)
Wrestling 4d6 (S.D.C. )
Hit Points: 1d6

19, 14, 26, 21, 12, 18, 22, and 13. You get a free 24 to replace your low number, so you can ditch the 13.
If it is all the same to you, this detail-oriented ADHD-brain of mine will ditch the 12 instead? Hee hee. =) (Don't ask me how I see these things; I just do.)

Last edited:
1. She is Meltrandi. Does she really have to pay for her English Skills?
No need to worry about that. You can get English for free, but if you want any other languages, then you will need to buy them with skills.
2. Does having duplicated Skills across OCCs increase their percentage (say, you have Land Navigation twice)?

2a. What about Weapon Proficiencies?
If you double up on a skill, you get the higher of the two plus an additional 5% for the extra training. For WPs, I'll give you an additional +1 to hit with that particular weapon if you get the same WP twice.
3. Would you roll dice for the following, please?
Boxing 3d6 (S.D.C.)
Gymnastics 2D6 (S.D.C.)
Wrestling 4d6 (S.D.C. )
Coming up.
If it is all the same to you, this detail-oriented ADHD-brain of mine will ditch the 12 instead? Hee hee. =) (Don't ask me how I see these things; I just do.)
Picky picky picky. lol

Boxing 3d6 (S.D.C.)
Gymnastics 2D6 (S.D.C.)
Wrestling 4d6 (S.D.C. )
In order:
PS 2, 28 SDC
12 SDC
1 Spd, 9 SDC
4 SDC
7 SDC
11 Spd, 4 SDC
20 SDC
6 Hit Points

Forgot to add for WlfSamurai WlfSamurai , if you don't wish to use the dice roller here on site, I can use my own dice to roll your remaining numbers. All you need to do is let me know what you need and I'll take care of it.

No need to worry about that. You can get English for free, but if you want any other languages, then you will need to buy them with skills.
Perfectly fair and appreciated!

If you double up on a skill, you get the higher of the two plus an additional 5% for the extra training. For WPs, I'll give you an additional +1 to hit with that particular weapon if you get the same WP twice.
/silly on

So, if I elect to get MECT: VHT 8 times, my Character gets 8 times the-- *stuffs the Munchkin away in a cardboard box and mails them to Australia to be with the rest of the wild things.* =)

/silly off =)

I have at least three duplicate Skills so this is nice to have. =)

Picky picky picky. lol
I know, right? Ever have things in your head you can't quite turn off that are beneficial most of the time? =)

Forgot to add for WlfSamurai WlfSamurai , if you don't wish to use the dice roller here on site, I can use my own dice to roll your remaining numbers. All you need to do is let me know what you need and I'll take care of it.
WlfSamurai WlfSamurai Psychie is open-minded and helpful in my dislike of our Xenforo 2 dice roller for RP Nation. Until we change programs again, I stay off of it as often as I can trusting to the polyhedrons like my tabletop Characters of old. This is one of the many reasons I like Psychie in the GM seat - she gives a damn about these things and is willing to take action on it. But mainly I'm here to tell you that... if the RP Nation dice roller is not seemingly fair to you, her "alternative method" (rolling polyhedrons) is quite the way to go!

roll dnd GIF

And before I forget, Dannigan Dannigan You will be starting out as a Corporal, and WlfSamurai WlfSamurai is a Sergeant.

Edit; WlfSamurai, your starting roll for hit points is a six; you always get max points for first level. Not that it is a huge deal in the MDC world of Robotech, but still.

Last edited:
Psychie Psychie Terrific! Corporal is perfect. I was chatting with a buddy of mine last week (I just love this guy). He is both a Marine and an Army sergeant from the Vietnam era. He strongly looks me in the eye as he often does and says to me, "Hey! Do you want the officer in charge or the NCO who knows what's going on?"

=)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back