• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech: Army of the Southern Cross - OOC thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I am thinking that, depending on how my day unfolds, I will have the first IC post up today to get us started.

I say take it one hour at a time! I sure am! *splashes bubbly bath water at you both*

Your fault for not waterproofing your computer! Hey, do they even do that for gaming PCs?

Sherwood, let me go see what you written. =)

*Throws Psychie... a towel!*

Sherwood Sherwood Muuuch better! Now I think you've said something about the guy!

I caught one apparent typo:

The initial Zentraedi attack was bad, but Seven's family w
(Bold mine)

His motivations are clear and his sorrow evident. But that's about as true to the Robotech genre as one can get, I think. Everyone has lost somebody in that time.

Psychie, howsabout Nova and Dorsey? Could we learn a few tidbits about them sometime? Whenever fits your fancy.

Well, on that note, you have a heading on your skill list saying your OCC is Recon Patrol. Not a big deal, but you might want to change it.

Also, I added some info to Dorsey's post, and will go now to add to Nova.

I know! Nova? She's... She's... really a soldier from outer space and comes from a long, long line of other soldiers who are fearless and skilled and never fail to do their duty! And maybe, just maybe, if we become friends with her, maybe she'll help us--

Oh. Wait.

*chuckles!*

Re: Sgt. Dorsey.

Corrections for the interested!

Doug is a practitioner of Tai Kwon Do, but in the sparring matches he's been in, he usually just sticks to a more traditional boxing stance instead of relying on the martial art maneuvers.
If you see the words Tai Kwon Do on a building, do yourself a favor and keep on walking. Whomever put it up didn't know what they were talking about.

I have practiced martial arts most of my life - Tae Kwon Do is Korean and thus spelled, tae (meaning "hand" while kwon means "foot" and do means "art." Thus, "hand foot art").

In contrast, some people also mix up Muay Thai which draws its ancient roots from Thailand.

Many Americans, and I too made this innocent mistake when I was much younger, sometimes call it "mai tai" (an age-old alcoholic drink served at bars).

May it be well with you. =)

Oh! But as for Doug Dorsey, well done! In Real Life, I have known gentlemen of this caliber and I tend to respect them a great deal. They have integrity and pride but never so much that they "can't fit in their britches." =) That's where Nitwit in my game gets his name from. It's actually a 25+ year-old trucker handle of a Southern gentleman whom I highly respect.

Miyazaki "tells" me she requires of us before believing anything. I believe that makes her agnostic. So, she would go through with his prayers out of respect, but if asked directly, Miya has no belief whatsoever in the supernatural. She prefers the company of cats. =)

Onto Nova. =

Re: Dorsey.

Whoop. Hold up.

Doug is a practitioner of Tae Kwon Do, but in the sparring matches he's been in, he usually just sticks to a more traditional boxing stance instead of relying on the martial art maneuvers.
Psychie Psychie How familiar are you with the article in Rifter issue #7 with the Professional Boxing martial art system?

It's mean, it's tough, and unlike every other system out there, they don't have to call Knock Out.

If they roll the dice and their opponent fails to defend, they are out cold. Note: in my game, the defender gets a Saving Throw vs. Pain (14) to avoid unconsciousness.

Would you rather Dorsey be a boxer? Because if you do, I'll write it up sometime and add it to Martial Way in Broadsword for both of our references.

I am also offering this on a personal note. Boxing is a punching art; Tae Kwon Do is primarily a kicking art. They benefit each other but as systems, they are north and south of each other.

The idea of a character taking on a boxing stance while trained in Tae Kwon Do screams to me of a character who only has Tae Kwon Do for the pretty numbers and not for the spirit of the art. From my perspective, they are missing much.

But this is your character.

EDIT: To be clear, I can put this feeling away if you'd rather play Dorsey as written. I just feel like I would be performing some kind of disservice if I didn't mention and offer. =)

Last edited:
Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Yo! I've revised Miya's quirk tab. There are three things in there that (GM discretion) I think her squadmates would know. And more! Enjoy!
I added a bit to Nova, but she is a bit of a mystery and shares as little about herself as possible.
Then Miyazaki does not pry. =)

Trained as an intelligence analyst, Nova is actually cross-trained in the Spartas from the ranks of the GMP.
Oh! There are two of us! I had read this and after delving into Ghost in the Shell, completely forgot it! Cool! The more, the merrier, and the more "woes to our foes!" =)

Looking at her picture again, I must ask as I did on my own character sheet - are there any ugly Meltrandi out there? If you play Zentraedi, your dude may be good looking or toad-faced, but if you play a Meltrandi? It's kind of like owning a hot new sports car - attractiveness to the extreme is there for all to see. Just watch what you say or she'll remind you why sometimes Meltrandi remind me of Klingons! It's best not to mess with them either! =)

After reading this, I don't feel I've learned much. I'm not really interested in her age, just her abilities.

I get that she's private, but even private people have habits. Does she take good care of her gear or just get by? Does she appear to have anyone close to her outside the squad? Does she drink/smoke? Is she into Christianity? What's her take on Dorsey's prayers? How does she follow his orders? Does she get along with Steven and how does she regard someone like Miyazaki? Oh, and Miya wants to know - what does Nova do when around cats?

Above all, do we have any idea why she's in the ASC in the first place and why she's willing to fight for Earth? Has she ever said? Everyone's got their reasons, but for the Zentraedi/Meltrandi, those reasons can speak volumes.

You don't have to answer any of these - now or later - just know you've got me curious about them. =)

Last edited:
Sorry if my first post is a bit wobbly. I'm a bit wobby because the medicine is working. =)

when the company's First Sergeant, an older man named Bailey Cooper, comes into the room to a loud call of, "AT EASE!"
Just curious here. I never saw a roomful of people stand up at this call.

"Attention!" Yes. But in my experience "at ease" follows the call to attention (if "at ease" is given at all). Then again, I was raised around the military but remain a lifelong civilian. Especially with this medicine working in me, I could have it wrong. But do I?

'At Ease' is the command to go to the position of Parade Rest as a show of respect to the NCO entering the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back