• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech: Army of the Southern Cross - OOC thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Yeah. The lights are a little too bright and I'm now getting more tired than cold. Back to bed! It's a wonderful place to be. Let me know if this thinking aloud stuff is bothersome?

Plus I get to sleep beside a Kaerri and nothing beats that!

Nothin'!! =)

Yeah. The lights are a little too bright and I'm now getting more tired than cold. Back to bed! It's a wonderful place to be. Let me know if this thinking aloud stuff is bothersome?

Plus I get to sleep beside a Kaerri and nothing beats that!

Nothin'!! =)
I don't know about that; my wife is pretty comfy to cuddle up with to keep me around all these years! Perhaps different, but equal in goodness?

Now, back to game stuffs!

So we will know one another prior to game start. Cool. We'll just need to figure out just what kind of things we will know about each other.

Steven is coming together in my head more and more. He will have a level of respect for Miya and Nova, since they have gone through the same training hell that he has, eating the same dirt, and getting chewed out by the Drill Sergeants just the same as him. For the rest of the Zentraedi population, he will be a bit distant and very distrustful of them until they can prove themselves to him.

Of his family, only his older brother survived the Zentraedi attack on the Earth, and he is an NCO in the RDF as a Tomahawk pilot. Steven idolizes his brother, and does his best to keep in touch with him no matter what part of the globe that they are stationed at. There is a bit of sibling razzing between the two, making playful fun of the rivalry between the RDF and ASC, with a lot of 'my mecha is better than yours' going on.

I like it. Please add these to your character sheet in your background, along with stuff like, where are you from? What music do you like to listen to? What is your brother's name? Stuff like that.

I can see Miya being very young, having been one of a very few Zentraedi that were recently grown after the showdown with the SDF-1 and Lord Dolza, and taken in by the newly formed ASC to begin her education.
This is precisely my thinking.

My only worry is that while I expect some discrimination given her background, I don't want her to be regulated to low-level crap for her entire career. I'd like for her to be GMP/E.S.W.A.T. level intelligence or greater. Or a different OCC altogether. I don't want her to be some beat cop with a Spartas but a highly educated combat analysist with the skills to track down and kill enemies of humanity - kind of like Section 9! Or something along those lines? Is that feasible?

Even if she is only "Togusa-level-ability," I'd take it. At least he's involved in that kind of work.

You have all been in the same initial training platoon for the VHTs, so you are at least somewhat familiar with one another, if not quite well acquainted, going through first the simulators, then onto live driving the tanks around the fields surrounding Monument City. We will be starting the game out a day after your graduation from tank school and being assigned to squads for deployment to duty stations around the world.
The spirit of my earlier idea, I will list 3 habits/quirks that the others would know how long with her disposition/demeanor.

But later. For now? Bed. Thanks for the quick reply! And have a good night!

And just like at, I'm up again. So might as well do something good with the time! =) Let me cover COVID-19 first.

I lived in the tub or under my blankets trying to keep warm. It was miserable, but hopefully you won't get as sick as we did.
That's kind of where I'm at right now. Being born hyperactive, I'm usually warmer than my neurotypical buddies so when I get "inner-cold" like this, it's disconcerting. However, it's nothing more than that. I'm able to feed myself, obviously I can still type and read, and my body and brain still functions in the ways I'm used to; I just need more breaks in between to deal with the fatigue. Plus, this is a phase. I'm healthy and I'll kick this because (and I say this slowly and meaningfully)...

"It ain't no thing but a chicken wing and everything else is a minor inconvenience." - Dann =)

Do either of you have any tips? What did you do besides stay in baths or shudder in bed? What worked toward the positive? Any particular foods or habits? Medicines or drinks? And is there stuff you stayed away from?

* * *​

As for gaming... =)

In the source materials, there is an AI robot named Janice that was built by Dr. Lang (the scientist that pretty much invented the Veritech and has literally written the book on Robotechnology for humans), but she is a one-off, and it wouldn't be cool to have one player be a robot and not give something of equal value to the others, so that is off the table.
Perfectly understandable. As I gather it, Dr. Emil Lang is the end-all be-all Albert Einstein-like figure without whom the Earth would have been crushed during the First Robotech War. If memory serves, he joins the UEEF on the SDF-3's flight to Tirol, but I don't know much more than that. As for Janice, she's only a name to me. An android, huh? Cool! But yes, I don't want Miya to be one if there is only one in the series - that's... just too "special snowflake" for me.

I like it. Please add these to your character sheet in your background, along with stuff like, where are you from? What music do you like to listen to? What is your brother's name? Stuff like that.
I mean to put details like this into Miya's background too. Let me start doing that now. I'm up if anyone wants to chat. =)

EDIT: But first, I'm putting a jacket on! Heh! =)

Ah! Psychie Psychie I thought of this earlier and meant to ask it then. How are you working Character Advancement? I realize on my own sheet that I've a Skill slot readied for every level, but... that's a thing I do as a GM. I don't know if you're doing that.

Are you using Action Points?

Are you allowing the addition of Attributes during level advancement?

If the answer to these questions is "no," that's fine. But I'd rather ask for reasons I'm sure you can imagine without my having to fill in the blanks. =)

Ah! Psychie Psychie I thought of this earlier and meant to ask it then. How are you working Character Advancement? I realize on my own sheet that I've a Skill slot readied for every level, but... that's a thing I do as a GM. I don't know if you're doing that.

Are you using Action Points?

Are you allowing the addition of Attributes during level advancement?

If the answer to these questions is "no," that's fine. But I'd rather ask for reasons I'm sure you can imagine without my having to fill in the blanks. =)
Yes, we will add on a new skill every level up you go.

Had not thought about Action Points, but sure, lets go ahead and pull them in.

And for the question of adding points to your Attributes, I'll let you guys add one on every third level you go up, sort of like in Pathfinder.

How many Action Points are we getting per level?

I have a chunk of personal info written up for my character. What do you guys think about it?

Sleep well, Psychie!

You are welcome to go into either of my Shop Talks and get the Action Point information out of there (or I can give you the link to it). Sherwood and I run them a bit differently and this being your game, you might run them differently still. But it's best to have the base data in front of you, at least in my experience.

Sweet dreams in Dreamland!

EDIT: Found a picture I think I might stick with for Miya from NeiR: Automata. It's in my Character Sheet. Something to look forward to when you wake. =)

EDIT #2:

Five plus one half of your level, rounded up, minimum of one.

Oh, you're rounding up? There we have it; you've already made changes best suited for your game (like any good GM should do).

Last edited:
I have a chunk of personal info written up for my character. What do you guys think about it?
"Steve Bishop" Incoming joke for humor's sake only. Does this mean I can play like Ellen Ripley and shout things like, "Bishop! God damn you!" Just kidding! You know I won't do that. Hee hee!

"Aliens(1986) - Escaping planet Acheron"

Steven is coming together in my head more and more. He will have a level of respect for Miya and Nova, since they have gone through the same training hell that he has, eating the same dirt, and getting chewed out by the Drill Sergeants just the same as him. For the rest of the Zentraedi population, he will be a bit distant and very distrustful of them until they can prove themselves to him.

Of his family, only his older brother survived the Zentraedi attack on the Earth, and he is an NCO in the RDF as a Tomahawk pilot. Steven idolizes his brother, and does his best to keep in touch with him no matter what part of the globe that they are stationed at. There is a bit of sibling razzing between the two, making playful fun of the rivalry between the RDF and ASC, with a lot of 'my mecha is better than yours' going on.
It's very brief and doesn't really tell me much about Steven as a person (does he go by Steve or Steven?), but I think it's a good start.

Sherwood Sherwood If you have the time and opportunity, would you give a pass over Miya's "Quirks" tab and tell me what you think?

EDIT: Damn, I wish I knew what was going on with WlfSamurai! He's such a cool person and he's missing out!

Whew! That's enough for now. Back to bed! =)

Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Yo! I've revised Miya's quirk tab. There are three things in there that (GM discretion) I think her squadmates would know. And more! Enjoy!

Cat Lady's quirks are looking fine to me. I'll make sure to include some cats for you to fawn over in the game. lol

Wooooo(I say from my warm bubbly bath)!

In case there is any wandering in this direction, no, she does not the kind of person who stops fighting mid-firefight just to go rescue a cat although there's a part of her that would feel low and sorry for not being able to do so.

But that's a chilling thought, so here have a kitty gif!

Cat Kitty GIF

And one more, you little fuzzbuckets. =)

Patty Cake Cat GIF

I have added a bit to my background, putting some things in there that the other members of the squad would know about Steven. I may add some more in a bit, but I wanted to get at least something on the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back