• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech: Army of the Southern Cross - IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Once Kitty has pulled up next to his tank, Steven nimbly jumps across to take his seat in the mecha once more, flipping the switch to shift into battloid mode to ready his Eu-11 and his arm shields for action.
OOC Total of a 9 for my initiative roll. Sorry for the delay.

Level: 4
Experience: 8,500
Hit Points: 39
SDC: 82
Action Points: 7

Natural Aptitude Bonus: Jack of Many Trades

Combat Bonuses
On Foot / In the Tank

Number of Attacks: 5 / 7
Strike: +7 / +10 with cannons and long-range weapons, +12 with EU-11, +10 in HtH
Parry: +11 / +15, +1 with Shields
Dodge: +9 / +12
Roll: +5 / +8
Initiative: +1 / +3
Pull Punch: 0 / +4
Horror Factor: +3
Maintain Balance: +2
Perception: +6
Critical Strike From Behind
Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20
Knockout/Stun on a Natural 19-20
HtH Damage: +2

Eu-11: 1d6x10+10
APFSDS - 3d6x10+20: 15
MPAT (AoE 50ft) - 2d6x10+10: 9
HEAT - 2d6x10+10: 9
Incendiary Plasma (AoE 25ft) - 2d8x10+10: 9
Canister - 1d8x10 (AoE 25ft), 1d4x10 (AoE 50ft): 3
Smoke: 3

Dannigan Dannigan is up with Kitty currently in Transport mode with the knocked out figure of Sgt. Dorsey lying on the back of her tank.

Initiative Order

21 - Kitty
17 - Nova
15 - Malcontents 1-4
11 - Chris
9 - Steven
7 - Malcontents 5-8

OOC can we see the advancing troops to know if they are micronized or if they are full sized Zentraedi? How are they armed? What kind, if any, armor do they have?

OOC can we see the advancing troops to know if they are micronized or if they are full sized Zentraedi? How are they armed? What kind, if any, armor do they have?
The advancing people are human sized. They appear to be armed with long rifles of various types, but there is no way to tell exactly what kind of armor they are wearing.

The advancing people are human sized. They appear to be armed with long rifles of various types, but there is no way to tell exactly what kind of armor they are wearing.
If/when we get visuals on them (sorry, my brain is fried after a long day of work and class), it should be easy to determine if they are wearing mega-suits simply by way of infrared/thermograph readings in our VHTs (I forget if the 1st gen VHTs have thermograph, but I'm certain they have infrared).

As for armor type (light, medium, heavy), I would think a fellow soldier who also wears such armor might have a shot of knowing what type of armor by way of their movement. Each style of armor has a Prowl penalty for a reason. You get a Prowl penalty because (like a medieval knight or feudal-age samurai), one simply moves differently while its worn.

Ah. My brain is tired. I should do things that don't require brain for a bit. That's all for now. =)

If/when we get visuals on them (sorry, my brain is fried after a long day of work and class), it should be easy to determine if they are wearing mega-suits simply by way of infrared/thermograph readings in our VHTs (I forget if the 1st gen VHTs have thermograph, but I'm certain they have infrared).

As for armor type (light, medium, heavy), I would think a fellow soldier who also wears such armor might have a shot of knowing what type of armor by way of their movement. Each style of armor has a Prowl penalty for a reason. You get a Prowl penalty because (like a medieval knight or feudal-age samurai), one simply moves differently while its worn.

Ah. My brain is tired. I should do things that don't require brain for a bit. That's all for now. =)
Good points there. I will say that these soldiers are wearing what appears to be lightweight MDC armor, but nothing as good as your own megasuits.

GunMan2 GunMan2 Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

Nova barely hesitates as she flips her tank into its Battloid mode and readies a shot with her Eu-11 gun pod. "We haven't had time for any UEG ground troops to get here, so we shall operate under the belief that these are hostiles. First priority is to get our wounded out. Kitty takes the sergeant and the rest of us will provide cover and be her shield. Withdraw far enough out to be able to get an airlift for Dorsey. Everyone move!"

It takes a few moments, but eventually there is a reply to Kitty's query. "3rd JSOG, you are right on the edge of a hot combat zone and all hell is breaking loose there. The few air assets we have overhead can assist you with air support, but they are not equipped to handle casualties. A rescue chopper is spooling up now, ETA to your area is thirty minutes. Try to get as far away from your new friends back there as possible and the Jolly Green will be vectored onto your current position."

Looking once to the carnage and smoke from the ruined Zentraedi spacecraft Kitty comes across the squad channel and turns Maru about to face away from the fray. "Do not stay, squadmates!" warns Kitty. "These goons are just here to keep us busy until their reinforcements arrive. For Sgt. Dorsey, I go!"

Hanging on to Sgt. Dorsey's limp form, Kitty punches it sending Maru in Transport mode into the most comfortable speed she can while not running into anything. Her intent is to not stop until the rescue team has Dorsey and is away with him.

With a sudden burst of speed, Kitty's hover tank jumps into motion, bobbing around the trees heading off to get away from the malcontent forces and to get to a safe location for the air evac to come in and get Dorsey out of there.

OOC This is going to be a combined move/dodge action for you, so anyone taking a shot at you will be doing so against your roll.

Nova moves her own tank, still in its battloid mode, into a position between Kitty and the advancing foot soldiers. Raising up her Eu-11 gun pod, she takes aim and fires a burst at one of the figures running in your direction, knocking the person down from a solid hit to the torso.

The first group of the advancing force fire at Nova, using projectile weapons loaded with HEAP rounds. Nova raises up her left arm and takes the hits there, saving her mecha's torso from getting hit.

GunMan2 GunMan2 is up

Initiative Order
21 - Kitty [1] dodging
17 - Nova lt. shield light damage [1]
15 - Malcontent 1 armor damaged [1]
15 - Malcontents 2-4 [1]
11 - Chris <====
9 - Steven
7 - Malcontents 5-8

Last edited:
Chris takes aim with the his own EU-11 gunpod and fires back a burst shot at the already damaged malcontent 1 as he retreats to cover his teammates. Not for this battle he felt slipping into his old self the one that hated the Zeeks with all his heart and soul. These bastards hurt a comrade they will pay the price...with death.

Last edited:
A perfectly aimed shot hits the soldier square in the chest, vaporizing the little bit of armor left and instantly killing the person.

Sherwood Sherwood is up

Initiative Order
21 - Kitty [1] dodging
17 - Nova lt. shield light damage [1]
15 - Malcontents 2-4 [1]
11 - Chris [1]
9 - Steven <====
7 - Malcontents 5-8

Steven looks at the advancing ground troops and makes the observation, "Be careful that these guys aren't trying to flush us out into the arms of a larger force." He accelerates his Spartas forward, trying to keep up with Kitty and get far enough away from the combat action that the rescue helicopter can safely get in and evac the Sergeant.

OOC Holding my attack action to interpose my tank in between any weapon fire aimed at Kitty's Maru.
Combat Bonuses
On Foot / In the Tank

Number of Attacks: 5 / 7
Strike: +7 / +10 with cannons and long-range weapons, +12 with EU-11, +10 in HtH
Parry: +11 / +15, +1 with Shields
Dodge: +9 / +12
Roll: +5 / +8
Initiative: +1 / +3
Pull Punch: 0 / +4
Horror Factor: +3
Maintain Balance: +2
Perception: +6
Critical Strike From Behind
Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20
Knockout/Stun on a Natural 19-20
HtH Damage: +2

Eu-11: 1d6x10+10
APFSDS - 3d6x10+20: 15
MPAT (AoE 50ft) - 2d6x10+10: 9
HEAT - 2d6x10+10: 9
Incendiary Plasma (AoE 25ft) - 2d8x10+10: 9
Canister - 1d8x10 (AoE 25ft), 1d4x10 (AoE 50ft): 3
Smoke: 3

Kitty glances back to make certain her hold on Sergeant Dorsey is firm when she sees Steven scooting into a blocking position between her and the enemy. The white-haired alien cannot help but grin widely.

Sergeant Dorsey and Corporal Nova are as rock solid as battleships, but what would we do without the likes of Chris and Steven?

With the speed of the mecha and the teams desire to get the sergeant out of harm's way, you are able to pull away from the malcontents as they fire wildly in your direction. After a friendly pair of aircraft drop a few bombs on your trail, all gunfire stops and the 3rd JSOG manage to evade the rest of the hostilities in the area.

As Kitty slides between trees, she hears the low groan of pain from Dorsey, indicating that he is starting to regain consciousness. Soon the big Texan tries to stir up and lets out a pained grunt before lying back down.

The rescue helicopter calls out on the radio, signalling that they were just five minutes out from the rendezvous point.

"Sergeant," commands the medically-trained Kitty. "Stay still. Your tank exploded. You are quite injured. The rest of us are all right and right behind us. A rescue helicopter they are 5 minutes out." She swiftly glances back to look at him if there is safe opportunity; otherwise, she simply drives and answers the inbound rescue team.

To Dorsey, she asks in soft tones. "Ask what you will, sir. We shall be separated soon."

And if he is not yet conscious enough to understand her words? Kitty hopes her arm gripping his body can provide him understanding enough. =)

Steven posts himself nearby Kitty's tank, keeping his gun pod up and at the ready, all the while watching out for any sign of a threat to the team.

Barnes keeps an eye our for any malcontent or any zeeks that might come in their way. He hoped that they believe in god, cause he will not spare anyone of them at all.

It is a tense few minutes as you wait for the rescue chopper as the Air Force fighters blast the crap out of anything that fares to lift its head up in the biggest game of whack-a-mole you have ever seen.

Soon enough, you hear the sound of rotors signalling the approach of three helicopters, two gunships and one transport. There is enough trees assertions that they don't have room to land, so the transport sends down a crewman in a basket to aid in getting the wounded Dorsey in and lifted up to safety.

All the while this is going on, the two gunships, wings loaded with rockets, circle like angry wasps daring anything out there to show itself. Nothing takes up the challenge, and soon the three choppers are accelerating off into the distance.

Nova looks to the rest of the squad add says, "We need to get our mecha repaired, and to do that will require us to get out of here in one piece. Pair off and move quickly, and remember that or heavy guns are off limits to us until they are fixed. Let's move!"

Last edited:
GunMan2 GunMan2 Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

Kitty watches the helicopters laden with the injured Sgt. Dorsey soar off into the distance of the Brazilian blue sky.

Her hands gently resting on the controls of her tank, the white-haired Meltrandi looks up and cannot think of anything to say though the moment seems to warrant it. Finally she decides.

"Godspeed."

She rubs her tank's hull, her eyes still on the aircraft. "There, Maru. Do you see? Those brave human pilots would risk many of their own lives just to save a single one of theirs. We Meltrandi could learn quite a deal from their heroism, don't you think?"

Maru, being a tank, of course does not answer. But Kitty feels is fun to talk to "him" nonetheless.

Nova looks to the rest of the squad add says, "We need to get our mecha repaired, and to do that will require us to get out of here in one piece. Pair off and move quickly, and remember that or heavy guns are off limits to us until they are fixed. Let's move!"
"Yes, corporal." Kitty replies. She pats her tank as she puts thought to action. In moments, they are speeding along through the jungle and towards much needed safety.

"Corporal Nova?" Kitty asks as the thought taps at her mind. "Do the people out of our base know that we are piloting sabotaged mecha? Perhaps it is best to advise them so they can take away the booby traps prior to our entering the base? To enter our own base knowing full well we are carrying live enemy munitions seems the very height of foolishness!"

Steven says, "If we have time and a secure location to work, I can probably disarm any explosive that's been wired up on our tanks without any trouble. I'd just need time to get into the guts of the tanks to see if there are any other surprises."

Nova looks over at Steven in his tank and says, "We are right on top of a hot zone, but that also means we have air support if we need it. Hmmmm. Yes. We are vulnerable without our heavy guns. Alright, Bishop. We will take up positions around you as you start to work on your mecha. What else do you need from us?"

OOC Steven has his demo disposal gear, so all you need to do is give me a Demolitions Disposal roll for each tank. There are some penalties involved, so if you want to use an Action Point, let me know.

Steven nods. "I have everything I need to get the job done. So as long as I don't screw up, we'll be at full capacity soon. Wish me luck."

Moving quickly, the tanker grabs his gear and heads over to Kitty's tank first. He looks up at her and asks, "Would you please shift into Transport mode? I feel that I will have more room to work that way."

As he is breaking out his defusing kit, he makes the comment, "I'd normally do this on my own tank first, but with me running back and forth like this, I think it makes more sense to have someone else's tank at the ready if this goes south and I'm up to my neck in a bomb."

OOC I'll spend an AP on each roll. My base skill is a 98%, so I hope it is me being overly cautious.

Rolls are forthcoming
Roll 1: 57%
Roll 2: effectively a zero
Roll 3: 34%
Roll 4: 72%

Yes, I'm fixing hers first, then Nova, Chris and mine last

Sherwood Sherwood don't forget to mark the action points off your character sheet.

Using the APs was a good call, because while you were working, you got a bit cocky and sloppy when you were in the middle of fixing your own tank. If you hadn't used the AP, it would have been messy.

All of the tanks had their main guns rigged to blow if you had tried to use them, and the resulting blast would most likely have been fatal to the pilot as the ammo would have gone kaboom along with the sabotage charge.

Fortunately for your nerves, Steven is uninterrupted by the enemy as he works thanks to the watchful eyes of the patrolling air power that is around you. By the time that the sabotage is fixed, a half hour has gone by, but Steven is confident that all four remaining tanks of the team are safe to operate at 100%.

By this time, you manage to get an update on Sgt Dorsey's condition. He had several broken bones and a concussion, and will be out of the cockpit for several weeks as he recuperates from his injuries, but the man is stubborn and is in no danger of succumbing to his wounds, thanks in no small part to the brave teamwork that stabilized and evacuated him out of harm's way.

With the mission a resounding success and being down a man, Nova orders the team back to Anton-17 to get both man and machine looked over, cleaned up, and ready for whatever the malcontents want to throw your way. She radios ahead to have a full inspection team waiting for you outside the walls of the BSURP just in case that there are some other surprise that was missed.

As you power down the tanks, you are met by a round of applause and cheers from the support staff for a job well done.

Chris takes the applause but feels rather…apathetic. It was not like be loved the credit no he was not doing it for fane or the glory as most people think, it was more so to prevent any more tragedies from happening.

*What a victory* He though sarcastically as dursey got harmed because some one was not paying attention at. Deciding that he needs none of this, walks off after all the customary congratulations were done. Barnes decided to hole up in his room and take out his table to read technical manuals for the spartan to avoid such a an accident again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back