• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Robbing The Bank of Thieves: A magical heist adventure

Gravitational Force

Dark Lord of Creativity
The Bank of Thieves: thought by most to be a myth.
A bank where criminals, thieves, and wrongdoers of all stripes could come together and deposit valuables they wanted to keep safe.
A bank with a vault filled with priceless treasures, wealth beyond any man's wildest dreams, and artifacts and technology that could change the world.
A bank that operates under one rule:
1. In the bank there is honor among thieves. Theft and violence is strictly forbidden. Violators of this rule are never seen again.

You were contacted by a mysterious organizer because you had the items, knowledge, or skills that they thought were necessary to break into The Bank of Thieves. Saying no was an option they made clear would be accepted as long as you didn't sell them out. But you agreed to join the heist, whether for the money, the challenge, the glory, or for some other reason.

Here's what you might not know: Magic is real.
The Bank of Thieves was run by the Patron Saint of Theft until recently. He ran it for centuries until he mysteriously disappeared recently. In his absence the bank has undergone a lockdown never before seen in its existence.
Where before the vault was guarded by normal humans and mundane security measures it is now locked behind mystical guardians, magical traps, and a lock with a very specific key.

So here you are, ready to pit everything you have against the very reason there's a saying that goes "Set a thief to catch a thief" for the chance at the greatest score in history. Let's just hope your compatriots aren't planning to backstab you and take it all for themselves.

I'm looking for 3-4 players for this RP. You'll be playing humans who either have special skills, knowledge, have managed to get their hands on a minor magic item, or a combination of the above. Whether or not your character starts out believing magic exists is up to you.

In terms of post length I'm hoping for 1-2 paragraphs at least, with both internal thoughts and written actions. And it has a material benefit: The more you put into your writing the better I'll have it go for your characters' attempts.

This is still open if people want to join it. I can extend the time for character sheets from those who join now or work your characters into the story along the way.

I'm just wondering if this is still an active RP; hopefully this post will bump it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back