• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Rivers of Blood - A Demon Hunter rp

Sylvio

My mind plastered to your screen
Roleplay Type(s)

scroll

Hit Me Where It Hurts

Coraline Polachek

I

the

story

the story

word bank

modern, fantasy, magic, military, conspiracy, darkness, grunge

The Marks of Power are a gift bestowed upon humanity thousands of years ago, when demons and humans fought over the earth. The marks were gained from a special brewery of demon blood, granting the user supernatural powers to fight the demons. These were the blood hunters and they were humanity’s first line of defense against the demons. Demons themselves are independent in nature and as such as they they are disorganized in the mortal realm and spread chaos wherever they go. Some demons perform gruesome attacks on unsuspecting humans, usually people who won’t be missed like outcasts, lower class people, or convicts. Others are more ambitious and seduce humans with a lust for power, forming cults that do whatever they say and kill in their name. It is rare for demons to work together, but when they do, they cause an untold amount of destruction.

The hunters have always fought demons in the shadows and many have died in an eternal war in defense of the mortal world. Before becoming blood hunters a lot of them were ordinary people turned unsuspecting victims, either them or someone they love was a victim of a demon attack. Others come from a long line of blood hunting clans and families who dedicate their life to hunting demons. The powers of their marks can pass hereditarily through conception. The life of a blood hunter is short when you consider how often they’re in the field and are the demon’s number one enemy. But killing demons is all they know and they do it no matter how thankless it may be.

XVIII

the

setting

the setting

The war still continues between the demons and hunters, demon attacks have been frequent as hunter numbers have dwindled, worn down from an attempt by the demons to open a portal to the nether. Spontaneous disappearances have caught the attention of mainstream society as people all over the world go missing, the CIA has a keen interest in investigating these disappearances and what's causing them to further their own interests. Moreover, cults that once were insignificant compared to the demon threat have become more tenacious, participating in kidnappings and mass murder. The competing interests of outside entities and the hunters have caused chaos among the humans whereas the demons plot now that there is confusion among the humans who would stop them. The hunters wished to prevent non-hunters from getting involved, as they know humans can be tempted by the power of demons and can turn the humans against each other. Additionally, the existence of demons could spread mass panic and allow large organizations to take advantage of the populace.

In this new demon war, the hunters must maneuver affairs with other humans who would otherwise interfere in their own while fighting the ever-present demon threat.

III

the

rules

the rules

i. All ages welcome. As long as you can present mature and suggestive themes within in RPN guidelines.

ii. Discord is necessary, it’s what I prefer for OOC and plotting. Be sure to avoid drama and bigotry as I have zero tolerance for it.

iii. Ideally I want players posting at least once a week. If you don’t post after a week we will skip you until you are ready to participate.

iv. CS thread will be open with an example as soon as possible. You’re only permitted one character, you can write them off in place for another one if you want. Realistic FC’s only.

v.
Depictions of violence, gore, and abuse will be present in this rp as a note to people who can’t handle said themes.

Marks of Power

Marks of Power are displayed as a symbol engrained on the user’s non-dominant hand and give the hunter a set of powers. Marks can be living beings, objects, elements, and abstract concepts. To obtain their powers, hunters must attend a ritual performed by a blood shaman who brews the blood with herbs and blesses it so the one who drinks it obtains powers. Blood hunters are required to consume demon blood depending how often and how much of their power is used. Demon blood can be drunken raw but hunters have a process where they refine it so it tastes bearable. Those who are born from blood hunters are given the mark from birth. If one parent is a hunter, the child will receive the parent’s mark. If both parents are hunters, the child receives a mark that consists of different powers from both of their parents’ marks.

Blood Hunters

When a hunter takes the Blood Oath, they sign their life away knowing the consequences. Their entire life is dedicated to hunting demons and preventing them from enslaving humankind. Normally they stay out of human affairs unless humans interfere with their own. Killing demons are their number one priority, as such the blood hunters have access to all the weapons, technology, and equipment they need to beat back the demons. A lot of these resources have been acquired through the wealth of the Scarlet Clans, a cabal of wealthy and powerful families who have lasted throughout the war against the demons. While they hold great influence they are not in charge of all Blood Hunters. The clans do have a say in strategy and decision making but ultimately decisions are made by the Hunt Master, who oversees operations against demons around the world. The existence of the Blood Hunters have mostly remained a myth, they prefer not to let their existence be known for fear of their powers being exploited. For Blood Hunters who have loved ones outside of the oath, they are required not to tell anyone what they really do, which is why the hunters use front organizations. These are mainly humanitarian and research NGOs which makes traveling around the world so frequently easy to explain to the unsuspecting. Blood Hunters find themselves with little downtime, as they are on constant alert against demon threats popping up worldwide. It’s rare for a hunter to renounce their oath and re-integrate into a normal life but a large majority put their lives down out of necessity as they are fully aware of the evils that ruined the lives of many and possibly their own.

Demons

Demons are supernatural beings who have existed for as long as time itself. Blood hunter interrogations suggests that they come from a dimension called, ‘The Nether’ which is said to be a void that thrives on human fear. Only certain powerful demons can travel between the mortal world and Nether, usually these demons have the ability to use logic and speak. Demons that don’t have such humanlike abilities are called Spawns who are more primal and can’t enter the mortal realm without being summon which drains a Demon’s power. As such Demons tend to operate independently, attempting to prey on humans from the shadows, in some cases manipulating them against each other. Others tend to be more bloodthirsty and go on hunting sprees, killing anything living. It’s a rare case for demons to work together. One of the rare instances they did was during the search for the Black Obelisk

CIA

The boogeyman of the world doesn't like being in the dark about anything that goes on in its front or backyard. Since its inception in 1947, the supernatural has always been of interest to the agency but it wasn't a priority for the better part of 50 years. During the global war on terror, however, a few amount of demon cultists appeared on their terrorist list which prompted them to dig into the matter. As it turned out, the CIA have caught and interrogated their own cultists and are now on the trail to hunt demons of their own. The hunters have their eyes and ears everywhere to protect their interests suspect the CIA and now find themselves in a predicament as they have to stay under the nose of their newest adversary who may compromise their mission if the existence of the hunters got out to the agency.

Cultists

When demons roam the earth, they don’t always maim and kill. But instead, they find people who will do it for them. In a world where exploitation and bleakness are omniscient, many people flock to demons and their followers for safety and power. Usually, cult leaders are those who learn of the existence of the demon and it is these willing individuals whom demons seek out. They then convert others, forming secluded sects of murder-worshipping psychos who commit crimes for the sake of their demon overlord. Devout cultists are blessed with their own marks, as demons grant them their blood so that they may receive powers to enforce their will. Cultists were never as big of a problem as they were before the modern era. But with the evolution of telecommunication, cultists have become more of a priority for the blood hunters.

Hunt for the Obelisk

January 2014 saw Demons and Blood Hunters search for the Black Obelisk. An artifact that would open a portal to the Nether and unleash all Demons onto earth. In the search for the artifact, it was found in the catacombs of St. Ava’s Church in England. The Battle of St. Ava saw a few dozen hunters surround a handful of demons who found the artifact and were performing the ritual of the obelisk. The blood hunters won and killed the demons and the obelisk remains sealed away in an undisclosed location known only by high ranking hunters. While it was a victory of the hunters, many of the experienced hunters died in its search and acquisition and the hunters have been slowed down in their operations.

♡design by terrorkitty, coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
Sorry for the super long wait! I was finishing up finals. CS is up with reference if anyones still interested

Remembrance Remembrance Steve Jobs Steve Jobs StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal robbie robbie floripher floripher

Sorry for the super long wait! I was finishing up finals. CS is up with reference if anyones still interested

Remembrance Remembrance Steve Jobs Steve Jobs StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal robbie robbie floripher floripher
definitely interested, this still open?

Sylvio Sylvio
Just had a thought- maybe Seth, if he’s approved, only drinks demon blood raw? His way of ensuring he’s always aware of the source of his powers, and the price required for his ability to fight demons?

Bump, interested in doing this again. Lmk if ur interested!

I would be interested but it goes again with the whole “not first come first serve thing” and I never seem to be good enough for anyone’s standards so I don’t know if it’s really worth my time.

I would be interested but it goes again with the whole “not first come first serve thing” and I never seem to be good enough for anyone’s standards so I don’t know if it’s really worth my time.
Yeah that’s completely fair lol I was gonna take it out but I was more excited to get this started again

Yeah that’s completely fair lol I was gonna take it out but I was more excited to get this started again
Wait so what variety is this? I’ve managed to get accepted before for stuff where a bunch of people aren’t submitting for the same set roles.

I realize now It doesn’t list roles. Is this more of a “submission and acceptance thing?”

Wait so what variety is this? I’ve managed to get accepted before for stuff where a bunch of people aren’t submitting for the same set roles.

I realize now It doesn’t list roles. Is this more of a “submission and acceptance thing?”
Basically yeah. Just have a complete cs and you’re good. There’s no roles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back