• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice River's Campaign OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
An insult and an injury, the cannonballing goblin and its dagger. He is lucky to dumpster dive, elsewise Swats was going to try and whoop his butt. Then again . . .

Does the goblin suffer an opportunity attack from Gaelen or did he use his bonus action to disengage (if a rogue)?

Well, I hadn't considered it combat, as neither party wanted to inflict violence towards the other. It was more of a: a group of creepy people are following me around in the middle of the night and one just jumped on me reaction. Do you use disengage outside of combat?

Honestly, I hadn't thought of that when reading it. It makes sense that since we are not in combat that disengaging and combat readiness would not be used. Forget I asked~!

Right now, I'm waiting to see what Gaelen does. I have an idea on what Therion will do but will need to see what Gaelen does.

Finally posted; sorry for the delay. I too hope that everyone's week and afterwards weekend has been/is going well, and that glorious things are happening for everyone. It has for me. There has been a birth in the family, and the baby is just so adorable and precious that I am glad to be related!

Finally posted; sorry for the delay. I too hope that everyone's week and afterwards weekend has been/is going well, and that glorious things are happening for everyone. It has for me. There has been a birth in the family, and the baby is just so adorable and precious that I am glad to be related!
Oh, that's wonderful- congratulations Thanny! Wishing them and the new parents all the best ☺

I'm doing well, thanks! Was able to hang out with some friends I haven't seen physically in months over the weekend, so that was really nice ^.^

DreamingBlackbird DreamingBlackbird FYI I'm going to start working on Orryna's post, will see about getting it finished in the next few days!

Congrats Thanny Thanny on the new member of the family! Wish you guys the best!
clarinetti clarinetti no problem!

On another note, I love that the goblin hid in garbage instead of continuing to run around alskjfklajdsf I dunno I just found it funny but also very character-establishing for the goblin

Thank you, all of you. =) The newfound member is absolutely adorable and the parents and child are all now home, and I cannot wait to see them in person.

RushingRiver RushingRiver , let me know if you need a persuasion roll from me (or intimidation roll for Gaelen and Therion =P ).

RushingRiver RushingRiver , present! Sorry for the sluggishness; I was waiting for others in the group. I do have an idea for the goblin -- it involves Thunderwaving a certain dumpster into a wall -- but I don't know if we want to alert everyone within 200 or even more feet of this current situation.

Now, I was pondering this a bit deeper, and I was wondering if you all would like to make a session-by-session thing out of this like what was originally being considered (pending River's permission if he/she is willing, of course). I recall it being a challenge due to time restrictions and time zones in general, but we would be able to move a hundred times faster and it might be a nicer experience overall. I will be unavailable all of next week due to being on holiday, but I should be available otherwise on weekends.

just don't break the wall haha

I don't know what Diablo 3 Eternal is, but I'm playing my first ever Monk this week with a group of friends! I'm worried I'm going to forget about all of the actions though kdfhfjfhgjfkdksjg

Anywho, she is willing to try out sessions =P
Time zones were a challenge, but if we could sort that out then it would be a lot easier. I might suggest Discord for sessions, how would everyone feel about that?

Hey, yeah, I haven’t been particularly active the past few weeks, pardon me 😖. Had a lot on the go with family stuff, but should’ve said something sooner.

I’m definitely still open to try and make sessions work on discord- would definitely help with the pacing (and it’s nice to get those interactions/ moments between characters on the spot). 🙂

In terms of scheduling, Monday to Wednesday would be the best days for me, but I can try to move things around if those don’t work for everyone.

Hey there! Sorry that I've been quiet these past few weeks as well. But anywho, still present!

As for sessions, I'm definitely open to trying those out if it's for the sake of convenience and pacing for everyone! I will try my best to fit it into my schedule, which hopefully wouldn't be too hard considering I'm stuck in my house haha!

Also quick question: Would these sessions be on text or on voice?

Anywho! I hope everyone's having a good day!

Shadeofshade Shadeofshade Ooh, Diablo 3. Good game outside of the infamous Error 37. I am more of a Torchlight person myself, having all of the adventure but more cartoonish in nature in comparison to Diablo, but I've wanted to try and check out the series in greater depth. Best of luck with your monk! You're not playing a permadeath run, are you?

RushingRiver RushingRiver So upcast Thunderwave to 9th level; gotcha!

RushingRiver RushingRiver clarinetti clarinetti Shadeofshade Shadeofshade DreamingBlackbird DreamingBlackbird Experienced Optimist Experienced Optimist Whoo! You heard the lady! There is a possibility! Oh, it seems everyone showed up already and answered. Never mind. =P Discord is a nice program, one I use regularly for another D&D group session, so I would happily go there. As for times, the weekend is usually my best available time period, excepting Friday nights which is when I do that other D&D session. I am also from the Eastern United States' time zone, or -5 GMT. If memory serves, Shade is from +0 or +1 GMT, so timing is tricky for someone ahead of me by five hours. If in the weekday, I can probably do shorter sessions, but I have to head off to work before it gets too late.

Voice or text is fine by me. I'm comfortable with either.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Last edited:
Thanny Thanny
It's a good game. Even though it is my first run in Diablo 3 Eternal, I should have done a perma-death run. I am on Act 3, Level 45 now and the closest I've gotten to death was about a quarter of my health gone. Then again I am doing it on Normal difficulty so I can get an Idea of what I'm dealing with.

RushingRiver RushingRiver
I'm OK with doing a session on Discord but I'll need to know if we are doing Voice chat (Something I have yet to even attempt as I don't quite understand how to set it up) and the when and time of the session as I am GMT +1 (or at least, that's what Google says I am when I look up the UK's Timezone).

Thanny Thanny
It's a good game. Even though it is my first run in Diablo 3 Eternal, I should have done a perma-death run. I am on Act 3, Level 45 now and the closest I've gotten to death was about a quarter of my health gone. Then again I am doing it on Normal difficulty so I can get an Idea of what I'm dealing with.

RushingRiver RushingRiver
I'm OK with doing a session on Discord but I'll need to know if we are doing Voice chat (Something I have yet to even attempt as I don't quite understand how to set it up) and the when and time of the session as I am GMT +1 (or at least, that's what Google says I am when I look up the UK's Timezone).

If you have a Windows machine, I can help with that. Some microphones are easy to install and use, while others can be a pain, but Windows made it easier. As for Diablo 3, wow, only a quarter of your health gone? Very nice! Torchlight is nice as well (but on the computer), and can be quite challenging to someone uninitiated in Diablo-style games like I was. I'd recommend that one to you once you tire of Diablo 3E, though mind you it is not as deep.

Shadeofshade Shadeofshade Ooh, Diablo 3. Good game outside of the infamous Error 37. I am more of a Torchlight person myself, having all of the adventure but more cartoonish in nature in comparison to Diablo, but I've wanted to try and check out the series in greater depth. Best of luck with your monk! You're not playing a permadeath run, are you?

RushingRiver RushingRiver So upcast Thunderwave to 9th level; gotcha!

RushingRiver RushingRiver clarinetti clarinetti Shadeofshade Shadeofshade DreamingBlackbird DreamingBlackbird Experienced Optimist Experienced Optimist Whoo! You heard the lady! There is a possibility! Oh, it seems everyone showed up already and answered. Never mind. =P Discord is a nice program, one I use regularly for another D&D group session, so I would happily go there. As for times, the weekend is usually my best available time period, excepting Friday nights which is when I do that other D&D session. I am also from the Eastern United States' time zone, or -5 GMT. If memory serves, Shade is from +0 or +1 GMT, so timing is tricky for someone ahead of me by five hours. If in the weekday, I can probably do shorter sessions, but I have to head off to work before it gets too late.

Voice or text is fine by me. I'm comfortable with either.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Hey there, how are you guys doing? Hope everyone had a nice weekend and all is well with you guys! :xFsmile:

I've been using Discord for a couple campaigns, and that's worked pretty well so far: you can even use bots to help with dice-rolling or if you want music playing, add a little ambience to it 😉. If that's of interest, I could help get that set up. Roll20 also seems popular for running campaigns, but I'm not particularly familiar with it.

I somewhat prefer voice over text, but I'm happy to do whichever is more comfortable for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back