• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice River's Campaign OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Forgive me if this is a silly question, but have you guys watched Critical Role before? I'm on Campaign 2, for early on they had a schtick when they'd cheer for every nat 1 rolled.

So in a similar spirit, I'm going to start liking every time we have a bad perception roll, just so it doesn't sting so much XD

I know of Critical Roll. I actually wonder if I somehow have some relation to Matt Mercer as I have the same Surname as him, probably just coincidental.

I know of Critical Roll. I actually wonder if I somehow have some relation to Matt Mercer as I have the same Surname as him, probably just coincidental.
Mm, well there's probably more than a few Mercer's out there, but you never know :lenny:

By the way, thought I'd share something I've been fiddling around with the past bit:

Ooh, a Soundcloud musical jaunt! Very nicely done! I love it, personally. I had guessed by the name that you had an affinity for music, but a musician? Awesome!

Hey guys! Hope y'all are having a good day--I would just like to apologize again for my recent quietness aaaaa, aside from uncooperative wifi I've just been swamped with other stuff

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but have you guys watched Critical Role before? I'm on Campaign 2, for early on they had a schtick when they'd cheer for every nat 1 rolled.

So in a similar spirit, I'm going to start liking every time we have a bad perception roll, just so it doesn't sting so much XD

That's the spirit! I think our party does have a trend for bad perception rolls lmao
Also I've watched a bit of CR's Campaign 1, but focused more on Campaign 2 when I first saw it

Btw I love that musical jaunt you shared! It does indeed sound like something a show would play at the beginning!

We have a Mercer in our midst!

Sorry for disappearing on you guys. My family got a new router, cause the old one was garbage. Turns out the new one is lovely, but works only when it feels like it -.-

Seems I have a steady connection once again. Will post ASAP

PS:
Happy (Super belated) Birthday Shadeofshade Shadeofshade ! Let me know how Eberron is, I’ve been considering getting it for myself

Thanny Thanny Swats is mvp. Badass cat wizard

You are making far more out of this quarantine than I am clarinetti clarinetti The only thing I’ve learned is how to cook a decent meal for myself that doesn’t come out of a box or a cup.

Ok, I’ll stop talking nonsense and actually post now

My dog will get one (small) peanut butter treat for every time we get a crappy perception roll

Someone needs to learn light spells for Therion. I think he’s the only one of us without darkvision T.T
No worries, if we can find the Mace of Disruption then Therion can have a weapon that emits light. kind of like a Sun Blade, Flame Tongue, Frost Brand or Sword Of Sharpness. They all emit light to varying degrees, look it up.

Thanny Thanny Swats is mvp. Badass cat wizard

Someone needs to learn light spells for Therion. I think he’s the only one of us without darkvision T.T

My dog will get one (small) peanut butter treat for every time we get a crappy perception roll

*bows*, thank you, thank you! I'm glad to see that Swats is thought highly of by someone, even if she's going to probably be Level 1 until the end of the year. As for Therion, let's strap a long torch to his back and the back of his head so that he can always be able to see. It is time-tested and very safe. Lastly, your dog will be very well fed when we are done with this RP. I don't see my perception improving too drastically anytime soon. =P

No worries, if we can find the Mace of Disruption then Therion can have a weapon that emits light. kind of like a Sun Blade, Flame Tongue, Frost Brand or Sword Of Sharpness. They all emit light to varying degrees, look it up.

Ah, the Sun Blade! A drow's worst nightmare due to their distaste for and sensitivity to sunlight. My minotaur character has caused all sorts of mayhem to a new-hire drow due to owning one, and still would had the new-hire not been kidnapped. I did not know that the Sword of Sharpness had light, however. Very interesting.

It can, you speak the Sword's Command Word and it sheds a bright light for 10 feet and dim light for another 10 feet after that.

Swats would be like, "Tact? That's a kind of fish, right? Mm-mm-mm . . . fish" before mentally collapsing into fishy thought.

But seriously now, that might definitely be so. I think Gaelen and Orryna would fit in there as well, though that performance check made me wonder. =P

Two questions. Where is Therion in comparison to Gaelen and the Goblin and is there a check I would need to roll, if any, for having Therion stand at an escape point so that he can block it off the goblin's potential escape?

Shadeofshade Shadeofshade

Obviously RushingRiver RushingRiver knows the actual truth, but the way I understood it is that we were at one side of an alleyway. I figured something like this

910A7D25-1987-48BA-9F26-86A7D8E2AD52.png

And Gaelen attempted to communicate to Swats to go up and over to block the other side, so we’d end up like this?

9BC57264-8E4F-4EB7-801B-FA8A28C317B2.jpeg

That is, of course, implying Swats understood what Gaelen meant, they didn’t all fail their rolls spectacularly and spook the goblin before everyone was in place, and I actually understand what’s going on in life (that last one is unlikely)

Two more question just came to mind, I'm thinking of having Therion head to the entrance of the alley so he could potentially see and make a grapple for if the Goblin decides to come his way. Would I need to make a perception and grapple roll, as I assume that I would need to do those rolls, now or when the Goblin makes his move and would it be a normal roll or one with disadvantage?

Obviously RushingRiver RushingRiver knows the actual truth, but the way I understood it is that we were at one side of an alleyway. I figured something like this

And Gaelen attempted to communicate to Swats to go up and over to block the other side, so we’d end up like this?

That is, of course, implying Swats understood what Gaelen meant, they didn’t all fail their rolls spectacularly and spook the goblin before everyone was in place, and I actually understand what’s going on in life (that last one is unlikely)

Considering Swats follows the rule of cool to an unhealthy degree, gripping bricks as if they were the goblin as she is, I would not doubt that she would mess things up. Nevertheless, let's go with the battle plan! Well, hopefully it does not result in a battle, but . . . okay, let's go with the plan.

Two more question just came to mind, I'm thinking of having Therion head to the entrance of the alley so he could potentially see and make a grapple for if the Goblin decides to come his way. Would I need to make a perception and grapple roll, as I assume that I would need to do those rolls, now or when the Goblin makes his move and would it be a normal roll or one with disadvantage?

Tough call, but I think you do not need to make a perception if you know he is there. You might need to make a disadvantageous grapple, but again that is up to RushingRiver RushingRiver .

Posting soon, all. Sorry for the sluggishness.

DreamingBlackbird DreamingBlackbird Would you mind if I use your lovely picture of Swats as my avatar for a bit?

Last edited:
Thanny Thanny I don't mind at all! Feel free to use the drawing asdkjfaslkjf
That reminds me to finish Therion and Orryna's soon...alksasdfsk

I would like to also apologize for my absence (for the third time I think aklfgvsd), just passed a university entrance exam so things have been a bit hectic here. Will post soon though! Especially now that Andryn and Orryna seem to be about to leave base and go bar-hopping

An entrance exam! Kudos there, and not a problem on my end. As I think was said here earlier, life comes first, and college is most certainly a good thing to keep up with. I hope all goes well with your new university portion of life! Also, thanks! I am loving the picture thus far, the shading especially. It is very unique and lovely, in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back