• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Rising Tensions - OOC

AssassinHD

Last of the Sylvans
Rising Tensions - A Fantasy Role Play by AssassinHD
Main Thread

• In the year -266, the previous race of humans declared an all out war. 2 global superpowers of the Old World waged war on each other, for reasons unknown now. Their weapons unleashed what seemed like immense magical power, however research believes the Old Race had lost touch with their magical energy. In the year -229, the mere squabble awoke powers far older than the Old Race, powers that laid dormant for millions of years. Powers that had already destroyed the world and its inhabitants once before, powers that will do it again. These powers are known as the Angels and Demons.

The Angel and Demons, awoken by the scale of fighting between inhabitants of the Old Race used the Old World as their battleground. What cities that still stood were incinerated, entire countries of people caught in the cross-hairs completely obliterated. These angels and demons fought for another 229 years, and, at year 0, a much greater power, even greater than the 2 that fought, pushed both sides back into dormancy, and It retreated back in the sky, leaving the utterly destroyed Old World in their wake.

The pockets of surviving humans eventually started to evolve into other humanoid species, form societies, and become back in touch with the energy that they had left behind a millennia ago - magic.

Present day, year 683. The world and its nations coexist in peace. It's a golden age of enlightenment. New advances in technology are made, advances in medicine and science. The new people are again losing touch with their magic.

Certain societies realize this, and they try to stop the sudden advancement, to conserve their connection to their magic and nature around them. Others are progressive and support the quick development of technology, creating military weapons that don't need extensive training to harness like magic requires, making them stronger. It also makes the people's lives easier and healthier, where more people can be doctors without having to be masters at healing magic.

Sir Basilisk Sir Basilisk animegirl20 animegirl20 Ratatoskr Ratatoskr 8CHIARI 8CHIARI CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Damafaud Damafaud Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 SecretRock SecretRock

Last edited:
I have 2 characters left and am working on the map. It should be done *hopefully* by tomorrow, as well as pretty posts with BBCode and stuff. I'm practicing with that in the private workshop as well, because I'm bad at that...

AssassinHD AssassinHD What level of technology are they at?
About like, beginning Industrial Revolution. Currently, it's minimal - basic tools like sickles and hammers, but they have their magic which helps. So yea, it's minimal, but advancements in a steam engine - which doesn't need magic to use or make easy, like everything else - were found, starting this whole Progressive Revolt scenario.

Damafaud Damafaud i might have to deny the ability to create money out of an idea.. but other than that I like the character!
I didn't explain it good enough.

Favour coins is another form of signing contract with a devil, but instead of having to follow certain set of rules, both party has more freedom on what they should do.

When you owe someone a favour, you can forget about it. But when people owe Dinah a favour, she will materialise it into a coin. She can use the coin to call for the favour people owe her.

I didn't explain it good enough.

Favour coins is another form of signing contract with a devil, but instead of having to follow certain set of rules, both party has more freedom on what they should do.

When you owe someone a favour, you can forget about it. But when people owe Dinah a favour, she will materialise it into a coin. She can use the coin to call for the favour people owe her.
Oh I see... Okay!

Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 That's a really cool race idea! But question, does Zay have a magic power, or are the Trigan not have an ability to be born with magic other than their telepathy?

AssassinHD AssassinHD , The Trigan who very strictly continue to follow the old tribal and religious ways have some magic, but most of the magic in the Trigan communities are very weak or the magic has completely died out. The only sort of "Magic" they seem to keep is their telepathy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back